HSC at TAFE: worthwhile? (1 Viewer)

holycarp!

HSC
Considering finishing my schooling at TAFE nsw, or even transferring for year 12 alone.
what do you think? will it affect my scaling, seeing as im currently in a selective highschool? will the teachers know their stuff? is it even possible for me to transfer into year 12 there or do i have to start with year 11? i dont want to do the one year intensive yr11+12 course. heeellpp pleasseee

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Considering finishing my schooling at TAFE nsw, or even transferring for year 12 alone.
what do you think? will it affect my scaling, seeing as im currently in a selective highschool? will the teachers know their stuff? is it even possible for me to transfer into year 12 there or do i have to start with year 11? i dont want to do the one year intensive yr11+12 course. heeellpp pleasseee
It will be far more difficult, you will have to be very self motivated cuz the teachers will not spoon feed you. If you don't do the work, its not like school, you won't get yelled into doing it cuz they honestly don't give a shit, its your HSC. May i ask why you want to do your HSC at tafe?

HSC
You're probably better off at your school..
If you're having social difficulties then move to another school..
Tafe may guys around your age group

I'm only going for a tvet course but i suppose that is unrelated

N

NeoSanity

It's not a bad idea..

I think I may do it for year 11 and 12.. since my school has left me scarred for life with it's babying teaching methology and immature people.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
so are school classes
My ungraded classes (only some) were soo stupid and annoying. It was near on impossible to listen or learn anything in an environment full of people who don't want to learn and sit there and talk without a breath. :jedi: *cut them*

Thankgod most of them are leaving before year 11 begins.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
My ungraded classes (only some) were soo stupid and annoying. It was near on impossible to listen or learn anything in an environment full of people who don't want to learn and sit there and talk without a breath. :jedi: *cut them*

Thankgod most of them are leaving before year 11 begins.
Yeah you get that at most comprehensive schools.

@holycarp!: Why would you want to leave an academically selective high school? At a selective school you would be pushed harder and to your full potential. Also you'd be leaving your friends and teachers. Also tbh, i don't think TAFE is the best environment, especially because you're so used to the selective environment.

N

NeoSanity

Can someone please provide me with the information to do year 11 and 12 at TAFE. I cannot see it on their website, but would like to explore the option.

I am correct in assuming you still get the same HSC result paper that people at any other High School would get, along with a UAI?

I heard of Bradfield college which is connected to TAFE but also heard it's full of complete derro's who are into hard drugs and not people i would want to be around.

rach19

HSC
My sister did yr 11+12 in one just to pass, so it can be done. I did food&beverage at Tafe (as part of HSC) and its totally different to school. Personally I didnt like it because it was in school time, people in my class stufed around and sometimes teachers had to work at their other job or just quit. Its alot of hard work but if you want a more relaxed enviroment I guess it would be better.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Bradfield's not that bad, its what you make of it.

N

NeoSanity

Bradfield's not that bad, its what you make of it.
Yeah see I was really keen to go there after my mum told me about it and the website testimonials etc. But after being told by quite a few previous students and mothers who had their children there it didn't sound great..

I may still end up going there..

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
a lot of people go there cuz they want to just fuck around, hence they get that experience i suppose. But if you go there wanting to do well in your studies, your experience could be very different. What school are you at atm?

HSC
at the moment I am at nbcs at terrey hills and I absolutely hate it.
Indentify the problem/s that you're experiencing and see if you can fix them.

If you can't, discuss your options with someone who knows something about the issue.

Move schools if you need to.

Move to TAFE as a last resort.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
at the moment I am at nbcs at terrey hills and I absolutely hate it.

Oh god, what ever you do, DO NOT go to Pittwater High, tafe is the better choice, just don't do it, its not worth it. I knew people who went to nbc, they hated it cuz of the religious aspects as well. Its just odd that you would consider tafe before another school?

lou071

HSC
N/A
people say it is better than completing hsc at school.
maybe coz the environement is different:)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh god, what ever you do, DO NOT go to Pittwater High, tafe is the better choice, just don't do it, its not worth it. I knew people who went to nbc, they hated it cuz of the religious aspects as well. Its just odd that you would consider tafe before another school?
I go to a religious school (catholic though). I don't mind the whole religion part. We are even forced to choose SOR I as one of our HSC subjects. Quite frankly I find it rude that they are, by 1 unit, trying to alter our HSC but no-one really minds because we studied Catholic Studies from 7-10!

I don't mind learning about different religions, I'm just over Christianity and Catholicism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)