HSC English Standard/Advanced Paper 1 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

MrGresh

HSC
I mean I wouldn't say uunseen was hard per se, but it certainly wasn't a walk in the park. The essay question was quite easy, but there were a few parts to it and I could imagine people losing marks for not referencing everything (i.e. not saying how effectively, not engaging with the 'nature' of personal and shared experiences).

That being said, I think we can expect paper one to throw some curve balls tomorrow :/

De.Broigle

HSC
I mean I wouldn't say uunseen was hard per se, but it certainly wasn't a walk in the park. The essay question was quite easy, but there were a few parts to it and I could imagine people losing marks for not referencing everything (i.e. not saying how effectively, not engaging with the 'nature' of personal and shared experiences).

That being said, I think we can expect paper one to throw some curve balls tomorrow :/
With all due respect, that was the easiest unseen I have seen to date. The essay was a joke. NESA will be handing out B6s like the Govt is handing out money this year.

jojosiwa123

HSC
so shit ://// the question was general and i was hoping it'd be specific to screw over the people who memorised their essay, so I only memorised quotes. Then forgot half of them and didn't carry my thesis throughout. Unseen was kinda cancer too.
fking same... exact thing for me. my thesis was completely lost I felt and I completely forgot to answer the actual question like FRICK i can't stop thinking about what I could've done differently :/

De.Broigle

HSC
fking same... exact thing for me. my thesis was completely lost I felt and I completely forgot to answer the actual question like FRICK i can't stop thinking about what I could've done differently :/
Unlucky. Better luck in your bridging course.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
It's okay!! Don't stress about it, I'm sure you did amazing and you're underestimating yourself. Just try your best in tomorrow's exam. All the best

99.96ATAR

HSC
Its not that hard. Just need to write 8-10 pages and you at least get band 5. Ah well you can always get full marks in paper 2 and get a band 4

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
ok so personally I found the essay question alright, it was good for the feminist approach that I took

reading response was also okay, the first question was a 5 marker which scared me at first
also the line distributions for this section were weird, the 4 marker had 2 pages of lines, and the 6 marker had 1 page, smh
Honestly so true. At this point, NESA was trying to reflect inconsistencies from the rubric into our section 1.

shashysha

HSC
thinking about it I think marks will be lost on “effectively” and “nature of human experiences” since people I asked glossed over those

jojosiwa123

HSC

yeah that's exactly what happened to me for the essay question lol. i felt like it being so general made it easy to lose sight of what I was actually talking about... however the unseen I felt like it legit handed to us on a platter what it wanted ur to talk about, I can kind of get why people would think it's difficult as I'm sure many weren't prepared for so many 4-6 mark questions rather than the usual 3-7 range.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
How many themes/paragraphs did everyone write for the essay?

jojosiwa123

HSC
ok so personally I found the essay question alright, it was good for the feminist approach that I took

reading response was also okay, the first question was a 5 marker which scared me at first
also the line distributions for this section were weird, the 4 marker had 2 pages of lines, and the 6 marker had 1 page, smh
agree I have no clue why they did that. I felt like that line distribution messed people up tbh because most people just have the logic it the line is there, fill it up- they don't even look at the marks allocated so end up wasting heaps of time on short answer. that's a common theme within my year group at least.

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad

I feel like because it was straight out of the rubric as compared to last years one, we were expecting something harder and therefore it put some of us off?

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
agree I have no clue why they did that. I felt like that line distribution messed people up tbh because most people just have the logic it the line is there, fill it up- they don't even look at the marks allocated so end up wasting heaps of time on short answer. that's a common theme within my year group at least.
100%, same thing here.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
for that reason i'm scared that I maybe didn't justify my point well enough (cause i only filled out 3/4 of the first page)- why did they have 2 pages of lines for that question??
IKR I was running out of things to say by the end of the first page rip, hopefully we'll be ok

jojosiwa123

HSC
I feel like because it was straight out of the rubric as compared to last years one, we were expecting something harder and therefore it some of us off?
totally agree, I was expecting a more specific question which I wish they did because then the people who memorise essays lose out lol. this ones gonna be an absolute nightmare for hsc markers though hahahah every kid in the state is gonna have the same kind of essay regardless of text

queenb_3

HSC
Uni Grad
totally agree, I was expecting a more specific question which I wish they did because then the people who memorise essays lose out lol. this ones gonna be an absolute nightmare for hsc markers though hahahah every kid in the state is gonna have the same kind of essay regardless of text
Facts, and that's the thing with 'easy' questions.
Edit: I take it back.

Last edited:

jojosiwa123

HSC
Facts, and that's the thing with 'easy' questions. My teacher once told me that if questions are easier, the markers tend to have strict marking while if the questions are harder, then they are quite lenient
WHYD U HAVE TO SAY THAT that makes this so much worse HAHAHA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)