• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

HSC Italian exam (2 Viewers)

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
Originally posted by Hottieflossy
le lingue sono cos importante specialmente nell'industria turistica. anche il conoscere di una lingua straniera un vantaggio perche noi viviamo in un paese multi etnico e a volte possiamo aiutare ai neo-arrivati che non possono communicarsi con gli altri in inglese.
wow.. una buona risposta... magari io possa parlare cosi!

mettendo a paragone l'italiano e l'inglese, direi che l'italiano e' piu' bella... anche molto piu' facile a scuola! ma c'e' anche un svantaggio per l'italiano: it doesn't scale well! :( se io facessi l'italiano l'anno scorsa e' io pressi 92% nel HSC, prenderei un UAI scaled mark' di 78% (secondo il UAI estimator v.6) che culo!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
but languages scale better than many other dubjects

i don't think it's THAT bad is it? where did u see the 92 --> 78 thing mel_ling? and can i find that anywhere for my other subjects?

Hottieflossy

what time are you getting to the exam mei ling? because last week i had spanish extension and i got to parra high at 8:45 and i had to wait 2 and a half hours for my turn. thatz why i'm thinking of getting to the italian one earlier.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
get there like an hr, 45mins earlier at the latest so u can beat the crowds!
did u get to ur spanish continuers early?

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
i'm getting to the school at 8.45am...just on time... any earlier and i'll probably fall asleep in the exam! i don't wanna go too late cos i'm scared i'll miss it.

cos my roll call teacher is also my careers advisor, i play around witht he UAI estimator during rollcall sometimes... it's based on last year's HSC results, so in terms of UAI scaling 92 would have gotten me a scaled mark of 78... how crap is that! other subject only scaled down say 3,4 marks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by mei_ling03

cos my roll call teacher is also my careers advisor, i play around witht he UAI estimator during rollcall sometimes... it's based on last year's HSC results, so in terms of UAI scaling 92 would have gotten me a scaled mark of 78... how crap is that! other subject only scaled down say 3,4 marks
oh really? damn

well yeah i'm serious, if u wanna beath the crowds, if it doesn't bother u then get there on time

s2ophie

HSC
Originally posted by Kakie
vorreste viaggiare all'estero? e xke?
si certamente. Amo viaggiare e nel futuro mi piacerebbe fare un giro del mondo. L'Europa mi ha sempre affascinato perche' e' un posto ricco delle lingue diverse e delle culture interessante. Mi piacerebbe esplorare l'Africa perche' e' un posto molto diverso dall'Australia e obviamente mi piacerebbe passare molto tempo in Italia!

Hottieflossy

i got to my spanish continuers exam before i had to ( i had 11am but i got there at 10am)..they let you sign in as soon as you get there. i only waited about 20 minutes for that exam because the people i was waiting with in the hall were the last ones from the 9am session and then it got really full again when i was leaving cuz people were getting there for the 11am session.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by Hottieflossy
i got to my spanish continuers exam before i had to ( i had 11am but i got there at 10am)..they let you sign in as soon as you get there. i only waited about 20 minutes for that exam because the people i was waiting with in the hall were the last ones from the 9am session and then it got really full again when i was leaving cuz people were getting there for the 11am session.
oh that's cool, i was wondering if they'd let people in early
the bad thing is if the session before goes overtime and u have to wait longer

s2ophie

HSC
we'll all be fine! i've read all of you with good italian so unless your a mute, you'll be fine!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
it's just so hard to come up with things on the spot though

s2ophie

HSC
but really it shouldn't be on the spot. You know what they can ask and you should have a basic plan of how to respond to that if not a fully prepared answer. i have the latter and all i need to do is sound natural and link things

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah, but they're going to throw in things, there's no way they won't

Jacks

HSC
I know what you mean, sometimes it is just worrying about them saying something you don't have a prepared answer for. I'm not that good at making things up on the spot, but like s2ophie I know what areas they will most likely cover. We've done this before, maybe not so formally but we know what we're doing. If they say something you have nothing to say about just do your best, they will see if you don't want to talk about something and if this is the case you can just steer the conversation in the direction you would like to go...

ho paura....but it's only 10 minutes and just think it's the last time we have to do it!!!! :D

s2ophie

HSC
we should stop stressing and go and study instead of being on here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)