HSC - massive anticlimax? (1 Viewer)

tallicachild

HSC
Hey guys,

I've really found the entire HSC experience to be completely anti-climatic.
My entire life there's been so much build up around it, and now that I'm here and sitting the exams, it's not as hard as I thought it would be.
I'm finding it completely do-able, and hardly studying at all.
Which is really strange for me because I've been manic most of the year. I thought I'd be a complete psycho right about this time of year, but I've really surprised myself.

Just wondering how many of you feel the same?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
I feel pretty similar, except I'm not really someone who tends to get overly excited/stressed about things anyway. You sort of expect to go into your first exam and have this really strange feeling about it, but for me it just feels like any other test.

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
+1

around half-yearlies i was a total mess because i was so stressed out. it's actually really ridiculous when i compare it to how i feel now.

i stopped giving a shit at trials and actually did the better than i had during the year. i still don't really care, but i know that uni is pretty much the only option for me - the thought just doesn't really scare me as much anymore, and i think that's why i'm not stressing much at all.

raniaaa

:)
HSC
oh man that's me x10000

seriously i always thought i'd turn into this studying zombie thing.. but yeah it's far from it... strangely though i recall my sister being all "omg hsc hsc" during her exams so maybe it's just me..i dunno :eek:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
i hate to say i told you so but I TOLD YOU SO

TannouB

HSC
After (modern history) trials i learnt i could get 23/20/22/24 for essays with 1 night of preperation :D

It's funny because after all this time, you know your ready for it, and theres really nothing left to study, just points to remember and the hope that you can work with the marker properly.

And for the non writing subjects, its just all stuff that you know you know, so yeah ofcourse its gonna be anticlimatic, before you'd be stressing, 'OMG i dont know My shiat!! im screwed im screwed :(:(:('

ashllis92

HSC
I'm exactly the same! I always thought it would be so much bigger or scarier or harder than it is! It's totally not worth the stress I gave it, I'm not working heaps hard at the moment and I'm doing just fine in the actual exams! I think being less stressed has actually helped me to do better not to mention all the work throughout the year!

qaz0981

HSC
i'm glad i'm not the only one haha.. finding motivation to study is so hard. i usually get a burst of it which runs out after an hour, and i'm back in 'meh' mode. like now. when i have extension english tomorrow. brillianttt

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
full went into this year thinking
fuck i'll blitz it. i'll study so hard and do so well and ra ra ra.

but yeah that didn't work out ever lol.

the whole experience is gay and in less than 24 hours it will be over forever yieww

ashllis92

HSC
i'm glad i'm not the only one haha.. finding motivation to study is so hard. i usually get a burst of it which runs out after an hour, and i'm back in 'meh' mode. like now. when i have extension english tomorrow. brillianttt
I'm exactly the same! I have extension tomorrow which I'm not really prepared for knowing quotes and that sort of thing but i just cant be arsed to open my books and learn the really good wuotes coz i know a few which sound ok and make my points

qaz0981

HSC
I'm exactly the same! I have extension tomorrow which I'm not really prepared for knowing quotes and that sort of thing but i just cant be arsed to open my books and learn the really good wuotes coz i know a few which sound ok and make my points
haha i'm glad to know i'm not the only one! for trials, i had maths extension and english extension on the same day, so the only preperation i did was gathered some quotes the night before, and it turned out fine, so i'm hoping to do it again tomorrow haha... i think there are a couple i need to get completely right, but really, we've been doing one topic for an entire year, it should be alright. i have all my quotes and a creative next to me but actually going over them... ohh the effort!

daniieee

HSC
After (modern history) trials i learnt i could get 23/20/22/24 for essays with 1 night of preperation :D
No way! Either you really know your stuff with just a night's worth of studying (impossible for modern!! There's decades of content to learn!) or the markers were really lenient. :(

100% A+ right on, couldn't of said it better myself
+1

ashllis92

HSC
haha i'm glad to know i'm not the only one! for trials, i had maths extension and english extension on the same day, so the only preperation i did was gathered some quotes the night before, and it turned out fine, so i'm hoping to do it again tomorrow haha... i think there are a couple i need to get completely right, but really, we've been doing one topic for an entire year, it should be alright. i have all my quotes and a creative next to me but actually going over them... ohh the effort!
Haha I hear ya except I totally screwed my trial coz I stayed up till 3 the morning before cramming then fell asleep in the exam... kinda defeats the purpose of all that cramming! Needless to say I did pretty crap but I've done practise essay's since and my teacher says that they're good

tallicachild

HSC
+1

around half-yearlies i was a total mess because i was so stressed out. it's actually really ridiculous when i compare it to how i feel now.

i stopped giving a shit at trials and actually did the better than i had during the year. i still don't really care, but i know that uni is pretty much the only option for me - the thought just doesn't really scare me as much anymore, and i think that's why i'm not stressing much at all.
I feel the exact same!
the night before my english half yearly i was a complete wreck, i spent the whole night throwing up and shaking and crying i was so nervous.

if im crying now, its because im bored and want it to be over.

and the same with uni, ive been so determined for years about what i want to do that i know ill find a way there. ive already been accepted in uow through their early entry, so i dont know if thats maybe why im not stressed?
somehow i think i would have felt the exact same otherwise though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)