HSC - massive anticlimax? (1 Viewer)

boxhunter91

HSC
Yeh i use to shit it at the stories of people going OMG need to study hard out for it..
Wat a load of crap.
If you havnt studied during the year your fkd.
Put in the effort throughout the year and your set. IMO.

lollylover

HSC
I totally feel the same. Except I haven't really been trying that hard coz my parent's have always told me that the HSC is a waste of time and a 'form of child abuse'.
I honestly think I was more stressed for exams in earlier years than for anything this year. I'm just so over everything after all this time. And can't wait to finally finish school and start the next stage of life :)

tallicachild

HSC
Yeh i use to shit it at the stories of people going OMG need to study hard out for it..
Wat a load of crap.
If you havnt studied during the year your fkd.
Put in the effort throughout the year and your set. IMO.

exactly!
honestly, speaking to the high achievers in my school from last yrs hsc, a few of them were like honestly i was surprised to get my mark...i hardly studied at all at the end.
and i remember thinking at the time, yeah bullshit, everyone says they dont study.

but i actually completely get it now. if youve worked hard all year the work should all be there in your long term memory.
well we'll find out when results come i guess.

Scinery

HSC
lol everyone older told us that the HSC is overrated and i was the only one (out of my friends) who took that advice on board, i was prepared for this anticlimax.

alllllll my friends insisted that "HSC determines our lives" and i tell them its no big deal but they won't listen.

And yet i now find it impossible to take my own advice, as it seems so stupid for me to have so much potential and not get band 6's for every sub

I dont even need it!

muscleman09

HSC
Just a question... but

does anyone see the HSC as the ends all for a persons life? Or is it just that today we see 'proffesions' as the only way to "secure" our future?

Last edited:

budi tan

HSC
I personally see HSC as a stepping stone. It does not make your life any better but instead it would slightly make things easier for you in the future if you actually do good in it.

Boston1092

HSC
N/A
I'd find that full on stressing/blitzing on study/research etc isn't as necessary as I thought it would be. Sure, there's a few psychos in our year who churn out 20+ pages for essays and will probably endure a nice bout of RSI for years to come; but the HSC in exams in themselves haven't been as 'increda-hard' as they were made out to be.

I spent the 2 weeks before my HSC on holiday in Sydney with my family and brought some HSC booklets along for review. The day/night before every exam I do a couple of essays and review notes - and I'm finding the exams themselves not overly-burdensome.

Whoever's been spouting out that the HSC is the be-all/end-all and we need to be doing 6 hours a day all year - they must've had their heads either where the sun don't shine or back in the 90's! 6 hours the day before and I'm confident - you're only doing yourself a disservice by burning yourself out. :sun:

Winn

HSC
I cannot agree more. This is exactly how I feel at the moment.
MEHHHHH.

HSC
Yeah, stress and cramming (N)

The good thing is that for most of subjects, I've already had to cram arseloads of notes a bunch of times throughout the year which has left me with pretty solid mental imprints, meaning a quick brush through notes of a subject like Legal is all I need and I'm set.

Is it just me, or has this year been so much more lax than all the previous years? Everyone who came before me seemed to be basically hyperventilating for 2 weeks straight.

The main problem for me with the HSC is that exams are so freaking boring, stress is secondary.

Fluorescent

Banned
HSC
HSC.....?
Where?

Oh yeh it's on right now
and for some reason, care factor = 0

I pretty much agree 100 percent in terms of the gradual decline in motivation.
Whats funny though is I'm studying more now than I did all year only to make up for what I didn't do - but I could still be studying HEAPS more

And I am in denial but it's pretty much for certain my dream ATAR won;t be achieved - and I thought I would be devastated but I've accepted it - even though I haven't even seen my results OR finished all my exams.

Fail much?

mckensara

HSC
all year i have been working so hard, so motivated by HSC EXAMS that i WILL GET 95 in for EVERYTHING

and after english, i my mind went fuck that.

we have been doing HSC for over 365 days now... how fucked it that.

god. someone give me motivation i have two big exams coming up
kill me.

Venom.

HSC
I'd find that full on stressing/blitzing on study/research etc isn't as necessary as I thought it would be. Sure, there's a few psychos in our year who churn out 20+ pages for essays and will probably endure a nice bout of RSI for years to come; but the HSC in exams in themselves haven't been as 'increda-hard' as they were made out to be.

I spent the 2 weeks before my HSC on holiday in Sydney with my family and brought some HSC booklets along for review. The day/night before every exam I do a couple of essays and review notes - and I'm finding the exams themselves not overly-burdensome.

Whoever's been spouting out that the HSC is the be-all/end-all and we need to be doing 6 hours a day all year - they must've had their heads either where the sun don't shine or back in the 90's! 6 hours the day before and I'm confident - you're only doing yourself a disservice by burning yourself out. :sun:
+1 All those retards who did 20+ hours in a week are goddamn nutcases. I reckon maybe 10 a week, some weeks completely without, was completely fine if you wanna achieve a decent ATAR (90+). Its definitely about prioritising when you NEED to study, as opposed to HOW MUCH you should study.

Way over-rated.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
The most stressed I felt all year was when all my major works were due in the midst of trials.

And after that it's been sweet sailing.

atal.love

HSC
The most stressed I felt all year was when all my major works were due in the midst of trials.

And after that it's been sweet sailing.
+1.
i stressed & cried over my major works like there was no tomorrow.
HSC = breezeee.

absorber

HSC
After (modern history) trials i learnt i could get 23/20/22/24 for essays with 1 night of preperation :D

It's funny because after all this time, you know your ready for it, and theres really nothing left to study, just points to remember and the hope that you can work with the marker properly.

And for the non writing subjects, its just all stuff that you know you know, so yeah ofcourse its gonna be anticlimatic, before you'd be stressing, 'OMG i dont know My shiat!! im screwed im screwed :(:(:('
Lol damn, your modern mark was one higher than mine with cramming.

I've been less nervous in these exams than I have been for previous year 12 assessments worth like 10% internal.

tallicachild

HSC
Heh.. You go to my school.. It's not that hard, is it? That's kind of sad in a way.
The HSC is only difficult in that it is difficult to remain motivated for an entire year.
The whole thing goes so fast, all this information is shoved down your throat and then its over and that's it.

I studied pretty hard all year, which is sort of why i think I don't care now...I've done the work, it's stored in my long-term memory and that's why I'll do better than the kids who are all cramming now, even though I'm hardly studying atm.

It's a massive buildup, for nothing. And I agree with what someone said earlier. I also see the HSC as just a stepping stone.
And yes, I also agree, major works are KILLERS.

Shak33l

HSC
full went into this year thinking
fuck i'll blitz it. i'll study so hard and do so well and ra ra ra.

but yeah that didn't work out ever lol.

the whole experience is gay and in less than 24 hours it will be over forever yieww
vatoooss loocooz carnalita :p
saw ur pic :

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)