HSC Subject Selections (1 Viewer)

falcon07

HSC
m0ofin said:
^ Wow two languages, just wondering, are they foreign to you or are you German yourself?
No, I just enjoy languages. The two also complement each other as the grammar concepts are very similar. A pity I have 13 units otherwise I would have taken up an extension language. Choosing between them would have been tricky though.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
falcon07 said:
No, I just enjoy languages. The two also complement each other as the grammar concepts are very similar. A pity I have 13 units otherwise I would have taken up an extension language. Choosing between them would have been tricky though.
That's cool, at least you wouldn't have to choose between the two then.

kimberlin

HSC
prelim :
agriculture
adv english
3u math
physics
chem
economics

hsc:
agriculture [complusory]
adv english
4u math
chem
economics

and probably dropping physics - or taking up 14 units .

PHYSICS is killing me . i fully screwed the physics prac and processes exam today . i think its best if we part ways ..

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Prelim:
3u English (adv)
Legal Studies
PDHPE
Modern History
French Continuers
SLR*

HSC:
3u English (adv) [slight possibility I may be asked to drop Eng Ext1]
Legal Studies
PDHPE
(Modern History)
French Continuers
French Extension

I'm thinking of dropping Modern History. I love the course content, but the teacher is so farking irritating that not even my passion for history is enough to motivate me to do any work.

Should I drop Modern history and do 10 units?

I mean, I can always start the HSC course, and drop it after a few weeks or whatever, I guess.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Gangles.McGee said:
Maybe she reminds you of you, SS?
:rofl: But really, I think I already know who she is.
!Solskjaer! said:
I'm thinking of dropping Modern History. I love the course content, but the teacher is so farking irritating that not even my passion for history is enough to motivate me to do any work.

I mean, I can always start the HSC course, and drop it after a few weeks or whatever, I guess.
I would suggest keeping Modern for a few weeks into the HSC year, and then see whether you want to drop Modern History then. Also consider the benefits and disadvantages of doing 10 units vs 12 units, and try to determine whether you would benefit from dropping Modern, which looking from your post you have a real passion for.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
!Solskjaer! said:

Just ignore the teacher, ask other modern dhistory teachers for help when you need it, ask them to mark essays etc.

Do 12 units you need a safety net in case you bomb an exam, i love modern history but i have a crap teacher, it's up to you to put in the effort, research and study.

People always say or complain they have crap teachers but essentially it all comes down to you and personal effort, study etc.

Each prelim topic in modern has around 4 syllabus dot points just research them, take notes, study and you should do well.

kimberlin

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Why do I get this feeling that I already know who you are kimberlin?
ahaha you do soulsearcher, you have me on your msn list .

i 'met' or more betterly worded know you through drynxz - who goes to my school and rommel ..

so dont worry , you're not crazy =]

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Just had a year meeting about subject selection. Hmm. Baffled.

I guess I'm just gonna keep all my subjects and pick up 4u maths for now, then decide what to drop after seeing the prelim report. That's what I'm gonna do. The forms have to be in by this Thursday and I really don't think I could make up my mind before then :p

airie

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
You sure you're not going to drop IPT airie? I'm pretty sure you could do well in extension 2 maths :)
The point is, if I drop IPT I'd have French as my backup. And I fear that even if I did stuff up Physics or Chemistry, French is not gonna make up for it :p

But I wanted to do a language. And I don't exactly wanna memorise slabs of texts for the HSC, which I'd have to do if I do keep IPT :p

airie

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Then you would be dropping IPT then?
Here are the options:

1. Keep both French and IPT - Hmm. Maybe not. All that workload...:p

2. Keep French - I want to do a language, but perhaps the marks won't be an effective "safety net" in case I mess up Physics or Chemistry.

3. Keep IPT - But I don't know what my marks would be, and don't really wanna memorise slabs of theory stuff for the HSC...

4. Drop both French and IPT - Leaves me with just 10 units. Cannot stuff up at all. >.<'''

I don't know. We'll see what happens. I'm not even sure if I should do 4u maths, and if I should do Eng Adv or Std, but choosing Adv for now and will drop in Year 12 if it doesn't look good. This is just nuts. :S

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
Hmm, tough decision on your hands there. All I can really say is go with what you think is best and good luck with it. And we can always study 4 unit maths together ;) :p All you sickos who interpret it in that way, you're sick =P

dombro

HSC
Prelim:
  • 3 Unit English
  • Gen Maths
  • Ancient
  • Modern
  • Legal
  • Business (accelerated)
HSC 07:
  • 4 Unit English
  • Gen Maths
  • Ancient
  • Modern
  • Legal
  • History Ext.
Will have finished business, so picking up the 4 unit english and the hist extensh leaves me with 13....same as im doing now....hoping to pull of a critical analysis for extensh 2...dunno but....

forevaunited

HSC
Hey first time posting here. Main reason I came here was to reach a decision about subject selection for next year so here goes:

Prelim:
Eng Ext 1
Maths Ext 1
Physics
Eco
Legal
Geography (Accelerated)

So at the moment i am seriously considering dropping both extensions for next year. I mean i dont really struggle with them, im above just on, or above average at a selective school but they are not subjects that i think i will excell at come HSC. Not knowing much about the theory of the HSC i am searching for help. As far as i can gather, it is better to get high end marks in Maths 2U than average in 3Unit. Same for English? Would the fact that it is a selective school come into it?

I know they are general questions but any help would be good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)