HSC Subject Selections (1 Viewer)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
~shinigami~ said:
Hey guys, do you think it'll be crazy and/or stupid to do both 4u Maths and 4u English for HSC.
Just adding to what everybody's said, just give it a go and see how you'll cope, it's a whole lot better than spending some (or all) of your hsc year kicking yourself for not ever knowing if you're capable or not.

woodenfigure

HSC
Prelim:
3u Math
3u English
Chemistry
Economics
Biology

HSC:
4u Math
Eng Adv
Biology
Economics
Chemistry

i think i might drop chem.....:(....... don't really want to tho...

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Thank you for your comments airie, SoulSearcher, Riviet and m0ofin. :)

I re-thining this right now and it'll probably be up to the school if they let me or not as well.

xinxin89

HSC
Prelim Subs:

- Chem
- Jap Continuers
- Ancient history
- English Adv
- maths 2U HSC (only the actual HSC exam to go, then the coure'll be completed)
- Maths Ex 1

HSC subs

- Chem
- Jap Continuers
- Ancient History
- History Extension (does anyone know whether dis course will be hell hectic? some say it's like 4U English)
- Maths Ex 1
- English 2U

xinxin89

HSC
Just got the trial results back, got a 101/119 (yes 119, my skool couldn't make it to 120 lol)...dat's clost to 85% placing me at 14th amongst everyone doing the course....apparently at my skool (manly selective), if ur ranked 30 or above u can get 90+ UAI in the 2u course. honestly tho, i'm disappointed with my results, unbeliveable the stupid mistakes i make, but of course some r genuine mistakes. I'm aiming at doing better in HSC, hopefully getting 95 or above for 2U, I really don't wanna repeat it next year, will only do so if i fall below 90. So what about you? How are you doing?
SoulSearcher said:
Hey, another maths accelerant :) How are you going in the course?

Last edited:

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
101/119 is pretty good man. I did 2 unit maths last year, getting 96 for my overall HSC mark :D Just doing extension 1 maths this year, and I'm holding first rank, with my 78/84 keeping me above the year 12 students :D At my school, if you get into the top 20 in 2 unit maths, you would be very likely to get a 90+ in the HSC exam :)

milady

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I didn't know you could pick extension 1 maths in year 12.
I suppose you might have been being disingenuous etc, but i meant ext 2, i already do ext 1, forgot to put it. it's all maths, after all.

milady

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
101/119 is pretty good man. I did 2 unit maths last year, getting 96 for my overall HSC mark :D Just doing extension 1 maths this year, and I'm holding first rank, with my 78/84 keeping me above the year 12 students :D At my school, if you get into the top 20 in 2 unit maths, you would be very likely to get a 90+ in the HSC exam :)
:eek: I can't believe you're doing it now. That's impressive (and depressing for me who plods along at average, or perhaps less than average pace). What school do you go to? Do they do that with a lot of students, encourage it, etc?

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
milady said:
:eek: I can't believe you're doing it now. That's impressive (and depressing for me who plods along at average, or perhaps less than average pace). What school do you go to? Do they do that with a lot of students, encourage it, etc?
I go to Patrician Brothers' College Fairfield, and I'm amazed too at the marks I've been getting. Currently, we have 5 kids doing accelerated extension 1 maths in year 11, with 23 kids doing accelrated 2 unit maths in year 11 and 4 kids doing accelerated 2 unit maths in year 10.

milady

HSC
SoulSearcher said:
I go to Patrician Brothers' College Fairfield, and I'm amazed too at the marks I've been getting. Currently, we have 5 kids doing accelerated extension 1 maths in year 11, with 23 kids doing accelrated 2 unit maths in year 11 and 4 kids doing accelerated 2 unit maths in year 10.
Thanks for satisfying my curiosity. Patrician Brother's seems to do pretty well in maths (i'm sure i've seen the name in relation to first in hsc subjects or maths prizes), so I guess that isn't so surprising. good luck with it.
I wish I could get subjects out of the way early. Even my little brother is doing accelerated geography. But no. Everything is staked on year 12.

Dzak Helfeather

HSC
Well... I'm not sure if what I'm gonna do is such a great idea. Thoughts?

Preliminary:

English 3U
Maths 3U
Economics
Legal Studies
Ancient History

HSC:
English 3U
Maths 4U
Ancient History + History Extension
Economics

arrynaurelia

HSC
preliminary-
english advanced
english extension 1
japanese continuers
modern history
business studies
food technology
visual design

hsc-
english advanced
english extension 1
japanese continuers
japanese extension
modern history
business studies

dropping visual design coz i have to.
and food tech coz i absolutely despise it and it was the only option since i transferred to this school in the middle of last term.
so the lines weren't in my favour.

hope jap extension isn't off the timetable.
i dont want to stay back and do afer school classes or come early and do double 0 periods.

s2caz

just smile.
HSC
omg;; is it like just me who's gonna do 6 subjects again in year 12? >_<;; im not even allowed to do 5 because my mum wont let me..;; *sighs* what to doooooo.. i dislike all my subjects very much.. i regret choosing half of them.. (only if i could turn back time!)

kloudsurfer

HSC
s2caz said:
omg;; is it like just me who's gonna do 6 subjects again in year 12? >_<;; im not even allowed to do 5 because my mum wont let me..;; *sighs* what to doooooo.. i dislike all my subjects very much.. i regret choosing half of them.. (only if i could turn back time!)
Haha me too. My dad wont let me do ten units. Im actully glad because I wouldnt hae been able to make the decision lol.

Last edited:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Im actully glad because I wouldnt hae been able to make the decision lol.
Like how I'm now stuck with 14 units cos I can't decide which to keep :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)