HSC Tips and Tricks | Part 1: Year 12 Info Round-up (1 Viewer)

R

regret108000

aiii..thx man, so long ppl are supportive ^^, everyone Hurayyy~
dont let down ur buddies

evchomesho

seriously everyone. deal with it. what happens if u die straight after ur last exam? excellent, u may have gotten a kick ass uai, but what's that going to do for u then? i'm not saying don't do anythign about it, just don't become a hermit for however long just for that. believe it or not, there are more important things

bunny_b

HSC
Pointy Ears said:
O Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez, I'm just crapping myself right now. I was doing fine in school, like, over 90s for most of my assesments so far, and then all of a sudden i stuff up my 2u eng and 2u maths exams....I'm just so depressed now, cos i know that these are going to be the difference between me getting an >95 uai, and not getting it. I guess i cant see myself coping with any other kind of career other than the one that i want to get into, but then, if im capable of handling the course...........

you have got to be kidding me right? im kicking myself in the arese because i KNOW that i am NOT going to get a UAI of 80... which is what i need to get into a BBus at ADFA.

you have got to WAKE up and smell the reality roses... there are ALWAYS ways around the HSC and perhaps another course that you do later will be even better than your uai... i mean 5h!t, yoru not even going to remeber half the stuff you have learnt this year in the next five so tell me.... why worry?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hey coco. you must be asian. furthermore, this belongs in the tutoring forum.

k_m

HSC
Tennille said:
As long as you can manipulate your memorised essays to suit the question, as you have mentioned, you should be fine. But some people fail to do this, thus BOS markers can easily pick up on this.

What I did was do so many practice essays for AoS and tried to write the same thing each time (not word for word, but do all my techniques and examples in a particular order so that it flowed). I did it in such a way that it could be easily manipulated for a question in the exam. It also allowed me to finish answering my questions on time because I knew whhat I was going to write.

what was ur UAI tennille?

P

pLuvia

She did well, she does Adv Sci from memory, which is pretty high, around 96.4 so she probably got around there :)

k_m

HSC
pLuvia said:
She did well, she does Adv Sci from memory, which is pretty high, around 96.4 so she probably got around there :)
wow dats very impressive!!!!!!!!

gud on u tenille

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah, try and get some study these holidays, if you're going for a high UAI. I promise that you won't regret it when the trials approach and you're not stressing out as much as others.

P

pLuvia

It doesn't matter if you don't get much study done or no study done this holiday, it's how you use your time during the school days leading up the trials, hsc etc.

MushROOM HeaD

HSC
i'm scared

HMM ... after reading such forums i have realised that its not just me that has slacked off in the work load ....

but i have a nother problem please give me advice ...
u see i am doin 15 units .. yes i noe too much and so far its been a blast like i have been going pretty well in handling the work load .... but now as the new term is going to start i feel that i may not give enough time to each subject as i should .... i want to drop a subject but don't noe wat to do because im in the high 90s for all of them except english but we all noe that you can't drop english lol

whadya guys reckon?

P

pLuvia

Well the only advice I can give you without knowing your subjects is, drop the one you dislike out of the ones you have now. Or maybe you shouldn't drop any subjects yet until it really gets out of control, but it would be helpful if you would tell us what subjects you do

MushROOM HeaD

HSC
Help

Pluvia and others:wave:

i'm doin these subjects

Food Technology
Geography
Extention English
Visual Art
Advanced English
Chemistry
General Maths
and TAFE if u count that one too.

those are my subjects ... now tell me if your doing great in all these subjects ... like i mean in the top 5 of the class ... except english (but u can't drop that anyways) how can you drop a subject? and which one would you choose?
i mean i was thinking earlier to drop a subject because i now only have tuesdays and the weekends to myself for study and homework. while other nights i come home ... say after TAFE ... at 7.30 and am to tired to do anything.
i dunno. what do u think?

P

pLuvia

Re: Help

TAFE courses don't count towards the UAI am I correct in saying so?

Your doing 13 units not including tafe right now, which is ok but the work load might build up. Well seeing your doing really great in all your subjects, maybe you could consider not dropping any :p

But ask yourself this, which subjects would apply to your university course, or future studying? Which one isn't so much your favourite? You have to complete like 2 major works I can see, one from EE1 and Visual arts, which will take heaps of time and effort.

If I was in your position, I would drop Visual Arts because the major works you do take a lot of time asking many people. But the next one I would drop would be the TAFE course, which I don't think will count will it?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Re: Help

pLuvia said:
TAFE courses don't count towards the UAI am I correct in saying so?
No you are not correct
Tafe courses do count towards the UAI.
If you study any of the 2 unit Industry Curriculum Framework (ICF) courses for two years, your results from the optional HSC exam can contribute to your UAI and help you gain entrance to university.
These include:
  • Business Services
  • Construction
  • Entertainment
  • Hospitality
  • Information Technology
  • Metal and Engineering
  • Primary Industries
  • Retail
  • Tourism

however if it is accounting it is different
The TAFE NSW Accounting course is the only other VET course which can be used to contribute to your UAI. This isn't optional. It DOES definitely contribute to the UAI. Only one of your VET courses can contribute towards your UAI.

So basically only ONE tafe course can contribute. You can choose if it does or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)