HTA History Day (Usyd) (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
There are gonna be a bunch of ancient/modern/extension history lectures at Sydney Uni on the 13th of June. Anybody going?
What are the topics? Or are these HSC course based lectures?

cerys

because i can.
HSC
I'm going to the one on the 15th.

Hafta remember to pay the money for the 'excursion' at the office :E

Last edited:

spoonbender

HSC
You can find the list of topics here (PDF). Oh and it turns out that it's from the 11 - 15th, not just the 13th.

And yeah, I haven't paid yet either XD

Last edited:

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
heh, a couple of the Pompeii lectures are taken by my Rome lecturer, hes really good. Wouldn't mind going to the persian wars/delian league ones for a bit of fun.

shayla

HSC
Im going to the modern one on the 13th, i hope its going to be good.

0hNivlek

HSC
Everybody who's doing Ancient/Modern or Extension are going! Gah~ have to get to Redfern so early -____-!

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
im going on the saturday, the 13th
woo

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
are these any good ? like helpful for exams and stuff ? because i went to a few hsc lectures this year and none of them were very useful :S. Do any past students know ?

=]

Kujah

HSC
N/A
kujah (the modern history moderator) went to one and he said it was good....
Indeed. The notes provided are fairly useful and although some of the lectures provide a skim overview of the module that you're doing, overall I thought it was pretty good.

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
Indeed. The notes provided are fairly useful and although some of the lectures provide a skim overview of the module that you're doing, overall I thought it was pretty good.
in this case i actually might go. sorry if this is a stupid question, but is it too late ? my school handed out notes a week ago, but i was away and didnt take it too seriously because my experience with the other lectures hadn't been too good :(

spazamataz

HSC
Im going on the 12th and 13th
Doing Germany on the 12th, then some other modern ones, then historiography and post-modernism on the 13th!
Have to stay overnight in sydney though.. booo..

Kujah

HSC
N/A
in this case i actually might go. sorry if this is a stupid question, but is it too late ? my school handed out notes a week ago, but i was away and didnt take it too seriously because my experience with the other lectures hadn't been too good :(
Well it depends on your school and when the deadline is. I suggest you ask your teacher. Although the lectures are alright, you also have the opportunity to roam around a uni campus :)

accio.brain

HSC
Going on thurs 11th to the modern history ones. i'm actually looking forward to it, except i have to wake up early to get to Redfern... =.=

spoonbender

HSC
I just got back. It was great, and I met THE Ken Webb! :eek: He really knows his stuff and he gave a lot of answers which was great.

I came in late for the first one so I missed out on the handout. Does anyone happen to have the handout for Germany 1933 - 39?

Rockyroad

Banned
HSC
nah i dont do germany sorry.
Most of the lectures I went to today (saturday) were very useful - the notes are a good summary. Except for the 2nd one - the western front, WWI - that one was terrible. He showed so many pictures of and raved about guns. He didn't cover the topic properly, it certainly wasn't an overview.
I'm glad I went today tho. The others i went to were so good.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)