Human Induced Climate Change (1 Viewer)

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
so youve basically just admitted that you dont care about people who will exist and live after you
oh I care, its sad that our glorious species is going to die out

but to fuck over this current generation and the generations that come after it with policy, that suggests that if we cut carbon emissions we can actually stop the inevitable climate shift, is fucking ludicrous to me

Subhas Bose

Banned
HSC
how do you know that the climate shift in this case is 'inevitable' or at the very least it doesnt mean there's nothing we can do

the point is that it can be strongly ameliorated if the world reduces carbon emissions

even the chinese are getting into this

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
how do you know that the climate shift in this case is 'inevitable' or at the very least it doesnt mean there's nothing we can do

the point is that it can be strongly ameliorated if the world reduces carbon emissions

4.3 billion years of climate shifts

the climate we have is an anomaly not the norm or the majority

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A

is we stoped all green house gas emissions tommorrow, it isn't going to change the fact that in 5000 years or whatever the earth is going to enter another ice age

Subhas Bose

Banned
HSC
m8 the climate will change again of course

point is why fuck ourselves up royally now if theres something we can do to stop it or at least greatly reduce the severity of the situation

the point of life is to last as long as it can

i don't actually think AGW will kill us off fyi but it'll probably make the planet a drastically different and harsher place

Last edited:

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
m8 the climate will change again of course

point is why fuck ourselves up royally now if theres something we can do to stop it or at least greatly reduce the severity of the situation

the point of life is to last as long as it can

i don't actually think AGW will kill us off fyi but it'll probably make the planet a drastically different and harsher place
pumping co2 into the atmosphere would actually reduce the severity of the upcoming ice age, so why don't we pump more into the atmosphere?

Subhas Bose

Banned
HSC
m8

maybe within 5000 years

we will actually have access to technology that will allow us to terraform other planets or controlt he actual climate of our own

Subhas Bose

Banned
HSC
yeah this guy is just

insulting

to libertarians

i mean trying to argue against a very well established, thoroughly connected and agreed upon body of evidence for your own ideological purposes is something that libertarians would just NEVER do

HSC
yeah this guy is just

insulting

to libertarians

i mean trying to argue against a very well established, thoroughly connected and agreed upon body of evidence for your own ideological purposes is something that libertarians would just NEVER do
What exactly have I done wrong? Rothbard is my hero; I agree with pretty much all his ides.

Edit: discount my previous post. I wAs just joking. I am too ignorant on the topic to have a say.

Subhas Bose

Banned
HSC
Edit: discount my previous post. I wAs just joking. I am too ignorant on the topic to have a say.
lmao i dont know that much about it either

i just observe the lameo arguments of 'denialists' (or whatever they're called) frequently on sites like ozpolitic and in media discourse and conclude there's probably just not that much that's intellectually honest there

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
sarcastic post brah not so much singling out you
lol libertarianism has nothing to do with my opposition to government policy on this issue

just don't see the point in fucking peeps over for something that the record of history has proven will just happen anyways

I would find it more justifiable if they were saying we need to have polices of transferring from coal fired to renewable energy, not because of the environment, but because fossil fuels will run out and we need to get rid of our dependency

but justifying all these taxes and crap because of something we can't avoid anyways? that is fucking ridiculous

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
lol libertarianism has nothing to do with my opposition to government policy on this issue

just don't see the point in fucking peeps over for something that the record of history has proven will just happen anyways

I would find it more justifiable if they were saying we need to have polices of transferring from coal fired to renewable energy, not because of the environment, but because fossil fuels will run out and we need to get rid of our dependency

but justifying all these taxes and crap because of something we can't avoid anyways? that is fucking ridiculous
i think everyone acknowledges that the change is inevitable its just that we have accelerated changed to the point where it will cause catastrophic damage to the environment ie all of everything will die. whereas in the past the change has been more gradual and plants/animals have adapted

increase the tax burden slightly for future generations so the planet (and us) has time to adapt or ensure they will return to the stone age idk man

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)