• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

I Am Legend (2 Viewers)

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
You know what would've been much better? Watching Will Smith go apeshit because he's gone crazy due to loneliness. He's only companion, Sam the dog, dead for weeks and he's been playing this episode in his mind over and over again until he realises the truth. Everyone really is dead, he's all alone and he kills himself.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Yea I think CGI should only be used for aspects of movement which couldn't be done by human actors...

the idea of them setting up such an advanced trap/pulley system just didnt seem to correspond with their caveman like intelligence.
Just before hand he talked about how one had come out into the daylight, fighting his natural survival instincts, could be an anomoly or could be some change in their social structure...

I thought that's where the plot was going.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I thought it was to juxtapose the idea that he was greatly underestimating the 'darkseekers'.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Stevo. said:
You know what would've been much better? Watching Will Smith go apeshit because he's gone crazy due to loneliness. He's only companion, Sam the dog, dead for weeks and he's been playing this episode in his mind over and over again until he realises the truth. Everyone really is dead, he's all alone and he kills himself.
Yea that would have been alright, that's where I thought it was going when he first met the new people but meh, it went worse.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Better plot would have been:

- shadow seekers can't breed with each other.
- shadow seekers that have evolved intelligence capture men/women who are immune to the virus to serve them forever as concubines, continuing their species forever.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
brogan77 said:
And then the mum and son come along, guided by God to this location, find him dead lose all hope and get eaten by the shadow seekers.

Cut to 10 years later, the intelligent shadow seekers have achieved interstellar spaceflight and now rule the galaxy.
I'll give you $10 to make this movie.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I got really excited when he went apeshit at Fred. I reckon the movie sorta went downhill from there.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Stevo. said:
I reckon the movie sorta went downhill from there.
What tool would manage to stab themselves in the leg...:rofl:

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
Well when you think about the way he fell, he must've dropped the knife right after he cut himself down and the knife bounced so it's edge would've pointed upward just as he fell on the pavement and landed with his thigh where the knife was. You'd think with all that exercise doing chin up and lifting his own weight he'd have a better grip on a 500g knife.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
Enteebee said:
Better plot would have been:

- shadow seekers can't breed with each other.
- shadow seekers that have evolved intelligence capture men/women who are immune to the virus to serve them forever as concubines, continuing their species forever.
Giving birth to something that feeds on human flesh. Interesting sensation I'd think.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I saw it yesterday, I thought it was pretty good. Could of been longer and they could of explained things more.

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
It was 2 hours and you say it could've been longer? You one of those people who didn't get the Matrix?

Edu.kid

HSC
I think the movie's trailer created a sense of action that never really existed. It was quite daunting and not as i hoped it to be. Maybe because we all expect great movies out of Will Smith.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Stevo. said:
It was 2 hours and you say it could've been longer? You one of those people who didn't get the Matrix?
I guess more after he died or more focus on people in the city changing and what he tried to do in the initial stages etc would of been nice. I haven't seen the Matrix since they were first released so that point is probably true.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Lizakith said:
It was kind of creepy because it was so quiet.

If I was studying film for anything, i think this would be a good one to study, technique-wise.
They said that inspiration came from when they turned the telly on to mute one day because their baby was crying and stuff, then they noticed how the movie (The Piano) made a different kind of sense muted - it felt more dramatic and such. So then they went and studied the first black and white silent films.

They also said it was a challenge dealing with an entire movie without dialogue. Hence the deer hunting, mannequins, flashbacks and the crazy car scene.

I liked this movie. It could have been better, but I appreciated it in way different to most movies these days.

It reminded me of Children of Men.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
Edu.kid said:
I think the movie's trailer created a sense of action that never really existed.
Agree. They took all, what? 3 high-action scenes and put them in the trailer. Im glad it was less that way inclined personally though.

And I think Will Smith did a pretty good job. He's come a long way from Philly :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)