I can't feel my ass. (1 Viewer)

kyeol58

HSC
yeah eastern ave is too cramped. if only carslaw theatres had cushioned seats- then they would be the best because at least your not cramped in there.
i dont really mind being cramped, unless theres some massive/fat guy next to you, (which is what happened to me today -___-)

i just hate the fact that all the seats are joined up. one massive/fat guy will just slouch down into his seat and everyone near that guy just jumps up...

plus i hate people who shake their legs. PLEASE BE AWARE EVERYONE IN YOUR ROW CAN FEEL IT! argh cant concentrate cuz of it LOL

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
i was thinking about exiting through the doors down near where the lecturer stands, but im not sure where they lead out towards so i didnt :p
Hahahah, it exists out to Carslaw. Just walk up the stairs on your right and you'll be outside the timetable changing place. :)

Rextu

HSC
Just find someone hot to sit next to and ask them what degree they're doing. (Actually, that seems to be able to get conversations going anywhere). Smile, look at their face... you know all the stuff they taught you in Kindergarten.

Infact, Sesame Street if you can remember it gives good advice as well... just smile, say hi, talk a bit and you're friends!

Haha, but anyway Eastern Ave is pretty comfy and feels cosy. But I'm never able to keep still during lectures anyway.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
lme teach you how to make friends at lectures buddy.

-Sit down next to some one or wait till someone sits next to you. Try say hi, if this is not possible because you're either shy or anything. Then try this.

-Drop your pen on the floor next to the person who sits next to you. They will most likely pick it up, shake hands at this moment or at least introduce yourself :L

- If you cant do that, then just when you arrive outside your lec, walk to someone there u want to talk to, ask them if this is the right room. Shake hands, introduce blabalabla there you go :)

- Or when you get in lecture room, find someone u wna hang with, ask them if theres anybody sitting next to them lmao. They will say no? then u sit down introduce yourself weeee and theres +1 to your facebook friends

^^
What poor advice. Just make friends in tuts/labs. Noone makes friends in lectures.

HSC
Uni Grad
What poor advice. Just make friends in tuts/labs. Noone makes friends in lectures.
The advice is good but as you said, lectures aren't for making friends as the opportunities they present are quite poor.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
also, unless you really connect (low chance), and unless the person is as desperate for human contact as you are (unlikely), then you'll probably never see them again because they won't sit next to you again, nor will they be in your tuts in all liklehood.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
say hello to the other students that look desperately lonely. talk to me - since all my friends graduated last year i've become desperately lonely :(
so obvious dude.

come say hi to me again sometime soon plz

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
wow i hung out with a new friend i made on monday for like 2 hours during my break :)

and i met like 5 new people today hehe. one of em was a friend of that girl ^^^, three others randomly came up to me and asked where the science department was, then we ended up chatting. and in my biostatistics tute i was chatting with the girl next to me.

oh and i also met some random at the train station this morning while waiting for a train. he was doing some beauty diploma on broadway and wanted to open his own salon lol :)

meeting new people isnt so hard after all. i guess making good friends is though.

JohnMcGee

Banned
HSC
did you meet any guy's that weren't gay? because unless you're gay also then you'll want friend of the opposite sex so you dont look homo. admittedly, this is more of a concern for guys

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah of those 3 people that randomly came up to me, 2 of em were guys.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
umm i think one wasnt too bad looking. obvious player though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)