I can't feel my ass. (1 Viewer)

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Completely sore now numb after two lectures one in carslaw and the other in chem.
How are your asses feeling?

Sidenote : Worst and most depressing day ever, had no one to talk to no one to meet.

So down :(

studybunnies

HSC
i agree!
both about the sore asses && the lack of people to talk to
=(

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Things better get better.

This is going to be a long bad week.

bio_nut

HSC
You turn to whoever is sitting next to you and introduce yourself, retard.

edit: make that retards. Are you all antisocial idiots??!

Last edited:

Shoom

HSC
N/A
I did but you can't talk and then everyone goes off to diff lectures and you never see em again!.

Till the next same lecture were they wont remember you, because you spoke so little.

This is what happened some guy goes" Hi im matt" * shakes hand*"hi im shoom( not my real name:p)

never saw him again.

bio_nut

HSC
What do you mean never saw him again? You've only been here one day, try find him next lecture. I tend to have a little chat and joke around with them before the lecture begins, you normally have like 5/10 mins to talk.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Sit next to someone who's sitting alone, and introduce yourself....exactly what bio_nut said.

UncoKane

Huzzah!
HSC
Uni Grad
Chem and Carslaw seats are awful! So uncomfortable.

Wait til tutes. I made all my friends in the tutes.

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC
That's why I appreciated the Arts Mentoring Program so much. They put us with people who had similar timetables to ourselves. I've made some really good friends that I plan to see in almost 3/4 of my lectures. :)

You've really just got to introduce yourself to as many people as possible. Don't be so pessimistic about the whole thing... you've been there for a day. You will find friends, trust me. :p

roadrage75

HSC
That's why I appreciated the Arts Mentoring Program so much. They put us with people who had similar timetables to ourselves. I've made some really good friends that I plan to see in almost 3/4 of my lectures. :)

You've really just got to introduce yourself to as many people as possible. Don't be so pessimistic about the whole thing... you've been there for a day. You will find friends, trust me. :p

yeah, the first few days can be a little rough, but once you have your tutorials and the like, you meet new people pretty quickly.... im in 3rd year now, and i know pretty much everyone in all my classes ;)

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
AAH the Carslaw seats are hell for the general comfort of the arse area. I only had 1 hour in there today but I feel for all of you who had to spend any longer on those long, cold bitches of benches.

@X2RADialbomber The people in my Arts Mentoring group seriously had no subjects in common with me, at all. So I saw some of them around today but we were all in a rush trying to get to our respective places and out of the rain. I think I was sorted into that group because I initially had selected the subject they all had in common - but there was a major clash in my timetable that meant I had to drop it, hence me not being in any of their classes.

Seriously some of the people I "met" and/or sat near today were so antisocial though. Looks like some people just prefer to stand there alone with their phones for 10 minutes before a lecture rather than say anything. Becomes a little frustrating when people introduce themselves / say something to them and only get a "yep *goes back to phone*" in response.

Have learned my lesson and in future I'll just move on to find people who actually have a voice.
EDIT: If anyone's doing philosophy tomorrow come and say hi and don't retreat back to your phone the moment someone comes near you as if they're going to wax off your eyelashes and sell them for extra printing money on their uni cards.

Last edited:

X2RADialbomber

mandapanda
HSC
AAH the Carslaw seats are hell for the general comfort of the arse area. I only had 1 hour in there today but I feel for all of you who had to spend any longer on those long, cold bitches of benches.

@X2RADialbomber The people in my Arts Mentoring group seriously had no subjects in common with me, at all. So I saw some of them around today but we were all in a rush trying to get to our respective places and out of the rain. I think I was sorted into that group because I initially had selected the subject they all had in common - but there was a major clash in my timetable that meant I had to drop it, hence me not being in any of their classes.

Seriously some of the people I "met" and/or sat near today were so antisocial though. Looks like some people just prefer to stand there alone with their phones for 10 minutes before a lecture rather than say anything. Becomes a little frustrating when people introduce themselves / say something to them and only get a "yep *goes back to phone*" in response.

Have learned my lesson and in future I'll just move on to find people who actually have a voice.
EDIT: If anyone's doing philosophy tomorrow come and say hi and don't retreat back to your phone the moment someone comes near you as if they're going to wax off your eyelashes and sell them for extra printing money on their uni cards.
Well, that sucks :( I think I'm pretty outgoing and I'd definitely have a chat with people if they say hi or something. I thought everyone would be the same too especially 'cause most people will be alone and stuff... :p

spence

HSC

What time's your philosophy lecture? I'm in the 3pm one

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
What do you mean never saw him again? You've only been here one day, try find him next lecture. I tend to have a little chat and joke around with them before the lecture begins, you normally have like 5/10 mins to talk.
i lol'd at this

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
i had two lectures today, and only met one person. i was talking to her at the beginning and end of my lecture, then she had to catch a bus and i had to catch a train lol. only got her name, but we do 3 of the same courses, so if i see her again maybe i could try sit with her or something

HudsonCarrad

HSC
Yeah, my ass was kinda sore. Let's all bring really comfortable comedic cushions to our lectures from now on. That way we'll also be able to make new friends cause we'll recognise eachother.

Carslaw 157 = Bad wooden seats
Eastern Ave = Nice cushioned seats.

Shoom

HSC
N/A
Lol, I was thinking about brining cushions.

Anyone have Biol1911 two lectures tomorrow?

lychnobity

HSC
Not that I go to Usyd, but the people in my lecture all had their little groups, so when I tried introducing myself/finding some person to talk to I either got:

'hey, nice to meet you, i'm jake' *turns around to group*
*looks up, walks away*
international student
'k'

57o1i

Premium Member
HSC
I went with the "Hi, I'm Lauren, can I sit here?" approach today and it went very well.

Just had to bite back the fear they'd be like "No, get lost noob".

But I was so tired when I got out at 4pm. I haven't done any work at all since November, even paying attention to one person for an hour seems completely beyond me right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)