youngminii

Banned
HSC
Ey Board of Studies people, FUCK YOU.
AHEHEHEHHEEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHHEHHEHEHEHEHHEHEHEH

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
hey namu sue the BOS for invasion of online privacy if theres such thing :haha: hey if any BOS people are reading this then try figuring out who i am that will be a challenge :confused: before we know it they will be rounding us up and interogating us to see who knows the "secrets of the scaling system" *ominous music*
how is it an invasion of online privacy

Uncle

Banned
HSC
that it was proven by my encounter with the Board of Studies personality yesterday that this website is actually patrolled by the Board of Studies...and they also try to find out who you are under particular circumstances.

I am fairly sure BOS know who many of us are. For example, they know very well that Lazarus = James King. I am also fairly sure that they know many other people around the website apart from me. I mean, let's face it. I hardly did anything to BOS and they know who I am...then they would basically know anyone who contacted BOS lately for marks back or other members who put up Cambridge/Fitzpatrick solutions on the website.

I will be honest...I was aware to some extent that this website was being increasingly noticed by the BOS but I NEVER knew that they were patrolling this regularly to the extent that they even know who you are! My case is not the only example, because earlier on BOS got some member on this website wrong (and called him dp624, lol)

Yesterday, I was at the Career Expo at Randwick Racecourse and at the Board of Studies stand, I met a Board of Studies member and we had a brief conversation.

Disclaimer: This is not accurate transcript of our conversation.

Namu: "Can I buy this book" *Handing over the book to the person*
Member: "Yes, what's your name?" *Getting a tax invoice paper*
Namu: "My name is Namu Lyoo"
Member: *Writing down my name and the signature* "Are you the one who...blah blah blah"
Namu: "Yes, I did. Um...how did..." *Looking over her name tag* and
"Oh I remember you from the...!"
Member: "Yes, blah blah blah"
Member: "I can see that you are on Bored of Studies alot"
Namu: *Awkward pause...* "Yeah....." - I wanted to ask how she knew about it...but I didn't have the courage somehow
Member: *Talks more about BoS*...I forgot what she said
Namu: *Getting out of there as soon as I can*

As far as I am aware, the member that I had a brief conversation seemed to take a relatively high position within the agency because I am fairly sure she is in control of all the publicity aspect of BOS (because she was on the Expo as a BOS representative and also, she was there for the top-in-the-course ceremony as a speaker). I wonder if BOS has some department going around there to patrol all the educational websites for HSC.

I can see why they are doing it. I mean, they may interpret that this website poses a "threat" to Board of Studies because of the members who constantly try to reveal all the "mysteries" in regards to HSC marking system, reporting procedures and etc which almost seem "unethical" to many students.

So to many of you guys who didn't know that BOS was actually patrolling the website, make sure that you keep your identity secret if you are trying anything...usernames like mine are just too obvious =(

EDIT: I wasn't sure where to put this thread up. No forum seemed to fit in with this thread.
lyonamu!
You're a hero!
You bested the state in HSC Mathematics!
The Bored of Studies know it.
The Board of Studies know it.
This shouldn't be surprising to you!

This is grounds for world domination!

Kaatie

HSC
didnt know that was leaked. At our school and the few school around our school all the physics papers went missing after they were done. to this day no one knows where they went, everyone had to get estimates... weird aye.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
lyonamu!
You're a hero!
You bested the state in HSC Mathematics!
The Bored of Studies know it.
The Board of Studies know it.
This shouldn't be surprising to you!

This is grounds for world domination!
hahaha ! world domination.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Of course the official BOS would be monitoring this website. The media already do, so why shouldn't the BOS? They have more at stake--this is a very easy way for people to distribute stuff that shouldn't be distributed (e.g. leaked papers). Namu, I will say you make no effort to conceal who you are (not that it is a bad thing!). dp62's identity was a bit harder to find, but when you're getting a UAI of 100 and whatever state rankings he got it's not hard to find out who he is.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I didn't know this... I thought there would be the odd check of the site.... but WOW.

I feel unsafe.

Michaelmoo

cbff...
HSC
Old post, but yeh, they do monitor.

Almost on a daily basis I would say.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
its not too hard for them to find out who u are if u disclose information. e.g. school, subjects (especially if u do not popular ones), birthdate, e.g. coz they have all your information right?

i guess it was kinda obivous they "patrolled" the forums.

They most likely have accounts too, and post things to sway us to what they want us to think, or to inform us of something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)