I got 81.00, and did nothing all year. (2 Viewers)

jennny18

HSC
I didn't do homework, bluffed school work, and just read from the textbook for like an hour each subject. All I needed was 76.00. And I see all these nerdy Asians and geeky White people who study from dawn until dusk, and brag about getting a 90+. Well I'm a hot white girl and didn't fo anything all year and got above what I needed.

lilredelmo

HSC
Well you obviously did some home work or your Assesment marks would have brought you below an 81 UAI!!

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
well congrats to you.
lets have a party and celebrate:party:

JRAHS-Student

HSC
Actually, I'd think you'd be surprised at the amount of work some people do at my school and what UAIs they get...

Some people believe effort is directly proportional to what UAI you get in the end. Unfortunately, or fortunately (depending on who you are) it's not the case. Some people just 'get it' even without doing much at all while others can spend days and hours and still not fully grasp a concept.

rasengan90

HSC
jennny18 said:
I didn't do homework, bluffed school work, and just read from the textbook for like an hour each subject. All I needed was 76.00. And I see all these nerdy Asians and geeky White people who study from dawn until dusk, and brag about getting a 90+. Well I'm a hot white girl and didn't fo anything all year and got above what I needed.
Good for you, you got a mediocre UAI and did not have enough respect for yourself or foresight to try at the HSC. Congrats and thanks for the bragging about something thats not that spectacular. The subtle racism was good also.

cxlxoxk

HSC
i half-worked my ass off all year and only got 67.95...

not everyone can get 81 without even trying...

if i put total effort in, into work, i may have got like 78.05, which was my aim, but 80-90 and 90+ is unreachable for some.

HSC
Well I handed in an A4 sheet of paper with a large penis drawn on it for every assessment task, and drew bunnies all through my exam papers instead of writing answers, and I got a UAI of 100.00. The OP is no great shakes.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
cxlxoxk said:
i half-worked my ass off all year and only got 67.95...

not everyone can get 81 without even trying...

if i put total effort in, into work, i may have got like 78.05, which was my aim, but 80-90 and 90+ is unreachable for some.
That's not true.

HSC is more about how you study. It's not really about how much effort you put in. No matter how much you study, if your study plan is poor, thre is no way your brain will absorb the information.

If you adopt an appropriate study plan, you can benefit heaps from it.

Takuto

HSC
81 is impossible without putting in effort.. either you were very attentive in class, tried very hard on the assignments, or you pulled some massive cramming sprees.

$100 that you studied at least 300 hours throughout the year , even though you 'say' you only studied an hour for each subject.

you can't lie, i have experience =D

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
jennny18 said:
hahahaha very subtle trolling there.

Takuto said:
81 is impossible without putting in effort.. either you were very attentive in class, tried very hard on the assignments, or you pulled some massive cramming sprees.

$100 that you studied at least 300 hours throughout the year , even though you 'say' you only studied an hour for each subject.

you can't lie, i have experience =D
false.

cxlxoxk

HSC
jennny18 said:
ps. what makes you "hot"...personally, i don't find this boasting *o i'm so good, i got 81 without any work* "hot"...

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
veloc1ty said:
Lmfao. 300 hours for 81? I know people getting well above 90 who probably didn't do that many hours. That's nearly an hour per day all year. o_O
i probably did...30-40 hrs overall for the whole year.

ha.

Shezz90

HSC
lyounamu said:
That's not true.

HSC is more about how you study. It's not really about how much effort you put in. No matter how much you study, if your study plan is poor, thre is no way your brain will absorb the information.

agreeed

adnan91

HSC
tommykins said:
i probably did...30-40 hrs overall for the whole year.

ha.
Id agree all i did was try to pay attention in class if the teacher wasnt boring then do past papers. Even ask my parents theyd be like u didnt study much. Also i know a guy who only studied b4 exams like mostly no homework and such and got 88.75 suppose natural talent comes in as a factor

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
Takuto said:
by trolling i mean shes throwing in the sarcastic hints that shes a hot white girl that did piss all as an insult to those who tried.

it is true however you can get a decent UAI with the right subjects and the right study tools/methods. I don't remember studying much more than 3/4 hours in the library per day and I spent heaps of time playing pool with my friends in the library youth centre.

Takuto

HSC
oh please, 300 hours is NOTHING. That number doesn't even account for the time you would spend at school.

tommykins, didn't you get b6 for maths.

LOL< YEAH MAN. go add up how much time you spent doing exercises and memorising formulas.

why does everyone feel the need to underexaggerate (for lack of a better term) the time they spent studying.

FAIL.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
where does physical appearance come into it?

are you suggesting that everyone who gets >90 isn't 'hot'?
:rolleyes:

cxlxoxk

HSC
lyounamu said:
That's not true.

sorry but i have to disagree, and can't go any other way.

my classwork/homework was a half-ass attempt, BUT

my study plan for exams all year consisted of writing up notes, repeating aloud what my notes say several times, using mnemonics, and adopting use of flash cards...i don't see how i could have improved on it...

Where are your past papers?

theres your problem.
edit: i thought past papers/practice essays was assumed for everyone...i did a lot of them.

the work i could have improved on, and that would have given me some more memory of the ideas in the course, something like academic bulemia below:

Urban Dictionary: academic bulemia

but not my study plan, it was pretty solid.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)