I got 81.00, and did nothing all year. (1 Viewer)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Takuto said:
oh please, 300 hours is NOTHING. That number doesn't even account for the time you would spend at school.

tommykins, didn't you get b6 for maths.

LOL< YEAH MAN. go add up how much time you spent doing exercises and memorising formulas.

why does everyone feel the need to underexaggerate (for lack of a better term) the time they spent studying.

FAIL.
i got band 6 for both 3unit and 4unit.

i don't think theres any memorisation of formulas (i know it from last yr anyways, the graph ones)....just critical thinking in solving problems. i'd finisha ll the homework set in class.

phys i just fucked around in class along with english (hence 85 and 79 respectively)

chem i listened but never did homework.

although i did have like a 3-4 hr marathon on maths for 4-5 days prior to hsc.

you make it out like hsc is VERY hard.

cxlxoxk said:
sorry but i have to disagree, and can't go any other way.

my classwork/homework was a half-ass attempt, BUT

my study plan for exams all year consisted of writing up notes, repeating aloud what my notes say several times, using mnemonics, and adopting use of flash cards...i don't see how i could have improved on it...

the work i could have improved on, and that would have given me some more memory of the ideas in the course, something like academic bulemia below:

Urban Dictionary: academic bulemia

but not my study plan, it was pretty solid.
Where are your past papers?

theres your problem.

cxlxoxk

HSC
gloworm14 said:
where does physical appearance come into it?

are you suggesting that everyone who gets >90 isn't 'hot'?
:rolleyes:

no i'm saying personality comes into it??? physical appearance i know nothing of for BoS members.

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
cxlxoxk said:
no i'm saying personality comes into it??? physical appearance i know nothing of for BoS members.
i wasnt talking to you silly

FatJ

The Sexiest Man Alive
HSC
My current list of Hates:
My fellow classmates for dragging my overall scores down
Anything even minorly relating to chemistry.
People like this.

I say troll. "I'm a hot white girl". Yeah. Troll.

HSC
If your mature enough or have been brought up to keep to a consistant study plan and work harder and harder with different study methods as the exams come closer than your results and uai are an adeqate indication of your hard work. If your study is isolated to 2-3weeks prior to the exams with no notes completed (myself) then you can also get "what you deserve."

With the op being omitted as im sure they are trolling (truth of their uai irrelevant), you need to put things into perspective and even thought these results may not be an adquate reflection of your academic capabilities you have not choice but to accept them, acknowledge those who did do great, and move on to the next stage of life. Regrets can last but it is how you use that regret to better yourself which shows your abilities.

Have a good christmas,

Cheers.

sirfeathers

HSC
adnan91 said:
Also i know a guy who only studied b4 exams like mostly no homework and such and got 88.75 suppose natural talent comes in as a factor
haha eren...

yeah i agree with lyounamu. to do well in the hsc you need to study effectively. "quality, not quantity". although certain subject combinations can certainly help you out with the scaling, there is no reason why anyone couldn't achieve 80+, if you have effective study techniques and are committed.

lionking1191

HSC
cxlxoxk said:
ps. what makes you "hot"...personally, i don't find this boasting *o i'm so good, i got 81 without any work* "hot"...
OP's a troll.

trolls are hot.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Takuto said:
someones abit envious that i'm able to study relatively low hours and still get a high uai.

sorry i know how to study effectively, sucks doesn't it :(

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
jennny18 said:
I didn't do homework, bluffed school work, and just read from the textbook for like an hour each subject. All I needed was 76.00. And I see all these nerdy Asians and geeky White people who study from dawn until dusk, and brag about getting a 90+. Well I'm a hot white girl and didn't fo anything all year and got above what I needed.
And people say arrogance is dead.
The combination of egotism and degradation make you a royal bitch.
You have succeeded in the HSC, but your personality will ensure that you will fail in life.

Kalashnikov47

HSC
PEOPLE! STOP talking about people having natural talents and they can get a great results without trying! I don't believe in such myth, becaue I have seen lots of people who got higher UAI than me study harder than me.

Now I regreted that I havent tried my hardest over the year~~~ next year at uni I'll hav to do the things I didn't do in order to get into the uni I could'nt get into.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Kalashnikov47 said:
PEOPLE! STOP talking about people having natural talents and they can get a great results without trying! I don't believe in such myth, becaue I have seen lots of people who got higher UAI than me study harder than me.

Now I regreted that I havent tried my hardest over the year~~~ next year at uni I'll hav to do the things I didn't do in order to get into the uni I could'nt get into.
get used to it, there are people out there who dont need to study yet can still rip you apart.

ongitsanjali

HSC
Tully B. said:
And people say arrogance is dead.
The combination of egotism and degradation make you a royal bitch.
You have succeeded in the HSC, but your personality will ensure that you will fail in life.
succeeded in the hsc? nahh 80+ is no where near success... if it was 90 or something then she might be able to talk..

i like this jenny person. she amuses me :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
get used to it, there are people out there who dont need to study yet can still rip you apart.
I am sure everyone studies to various extent. Even if some people claim not to have studied, they did. If they didn't study AT ALL, they wouldn't have scrapped 70+ UAI. Common sense purely itself cannot give such a high UAI.

h1958buglid

HSC
jennny18 said:
I didn't do homework, bluffed school work, and just read from the textbook for like an hour each subject. All I needed was 76.00. And I see all these nerdy Asians and geeky White people who study from dawn until dusk, and brag about getting a 90+. Well I'm a hot white girl and didn't fo anything all year and got above what I needed.
man i fucking hate people like you! ur arrogance and lies

my friend from another school convinced me all year she never did a minute of work.. said she was aiming for 65+ ... then she got 88 uai and goes "hehe did no work im so smart :p"

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
h1958buglid said:
man i fucking hate people like you! ur arrogance and lies

my friend from another school convinced me all year she never did a minute of work.. said she was aiming for 65+ ... then she got 88 uai and goes "hehe did no work im so smart :p"
There was a girl that I know who claimed to have done no work whatsoever and got 98 UAI. She was saying how she wanted to get 80 UAI...

I just hope that some people are just trolling.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
lyounamu said:
I am sure everyone studies to various extent. Even if some people claim not to have studied, they did. If they didn't study AT ALL, they wouldn't have scrapped 70+ UAI. Common sense purely itself cannot give such a high UAI.
nah, my friend just listened in class and that's all - he has great memory.

just did 3-4 past papers prior to exams.

got 98 something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)