i know its prob been asked before BUT... any buffy fans? (1 Viewer)

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
is anyone else here slightly obsessive about our favourite vampire slayer?

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
yeah i know :( it will be a sad day for television. and i dont reckon a spinoff will work as well (although i said that about Angel and was proven wrong!)

ellipsis

HSC
Nah, that jumped the shark way back, around the time when she suddenly acquired a sister from nowhere. It shoulda ended when she left high school.

Used to be good but now its not even funny. The monsters look worse, kinda playdoughy ( and I would've thought popularity = high budget = better special fx, but apparently not) and anytime anyone dies, they just magic them back to life, so its not exactly edge-of-your-seat suspense.

And Angel used to be good, but its going to jump the shark this year - there's like creepy incest, its just wrong. :eek:
So it doesn't even bode well for any spin off.

Not to be negative or anything :p

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
i rkn angels good but buffy is sorta... crap?

i heard it cost the producers of buffy 20000$ (dunno usd or aud) to do the special effects of killing a vamp (like turning into dust)
that is per vamp

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I've been watching since the beginning, yeah its pretty interesting still, although not as good as the earlier seasons... Dawn is cute but f*cken annoying at times

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
has anyone downloaded much of the new series... coz its shaping up to be a pretty grand finale.

Christine

beige member
HSC
I LOVE BUFFY!!!(not smg - the show)
i watch angel occasionally mainly just to perve tho

scary thing is atm i really want buffy and spike to get together!!!!
i used to hate spike now hes just got this really sexy thing going on.... weird

its going to be a sad day when its all over - mind you this is from a person who cried during last years season final.

Sarah J

HSC
Shame on you all (cept for Chris, Minai and Snakeoils)!!! Buffy kicks arse.

That's all I have to say. :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I was for the first few seasons ... but ever since, i reckon theyve lost the plot completely ... although i know a few people who still watch it (obsessively) ...

kini mini

HSC
I've only seen some of the later episodes, which I didn't really like. I wish I did like it, it's one of the easiest series to download the new eps of :p.

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
although i know a few people who still watch it (obsessively) ...
im afraid, sadly, that i would fall into the obsessive category... i always subconsciously link my english texts to buff (hamlet is buffy, buffy is hamlet etc)...

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by kini mini
I've only seen some of the later episodes, which I didn't really like. I wish I did like it, it's one of the easiest series to download the new eps of :p.
u wanna tell me where to get em? ;)

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by snakeoils
try kazaa... trusty kazaa :D
Kazaa isn't that great for large files. Bit Torrent is good, also newsgroups like alt.binaries.tv.aus for Optus and alt.luser.recovery for Telstra. You get the latest eps from the US too :).

snakeoils

Why do I have this?
HSC
ive generally found kazaa pretty good... i can usually download a reasonable quality buffy ep overnight (56k connection)... but what is Bit Torrent?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
yes what is Bit Torrent, kini mini?
and I have cable, so I'm not really worried about large files

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by MinAi
yes what is Bit Torrent, kini mini?
and I have cable, so I'm not really worried about large files
Bit Torrent is a great new file sharing tool. Once the client is installed on your system, you download and run seed files that other people have provided to find the precise file - a bit like Kazaa's sig2dat system. The greatest thing about torrent is that it automatically finds sources, usually quite a lot of them, and you start uploading to others once you have a very small part of the file - propagation is therefore very fast. It's polite to keep the window open for a few hours after the download finishes to share the last parts of the file. Do a google search for the client. Seed file are available on a few sites and also on newsgroups liek the ones I mentioned.

But if you can't be bothered, all the files are posted to the newsgroups anyway.

snakeoils - have you looked at Telstra's 2-way satellite? High latency but fast downloads I hear. But expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)