I.R.P. Home (1 Viewer)

Kat92

HSC
Haii Guys
I am really struggling with deciding on a question/statement. I want to relate it to foster care as my family is involved in foster care, but I don't know how to put it. Any help would be appreciated...Cheers x x

What are you intending to aim to find out by conducting your research? Are you wanting to find out the physical effects, etc upon their wellbeing. Whether foster care is different from other styles of upbringing or what? You need to consider things like that so as you can then formulate your hypothesis which will be the foundation for your research. Sorry that I can't be of more help to you at the moment.

squirt_92

HSC
What are you intending to aim to find out by conducting your research? Are you wanting to find out the physical effects, etc upon their wellbeing. Whether foster care is different from other styles of upbringing or what? You need to consider things like that so as you can then formulate your hypothesis which will be the foundation for your research. Sorry that I can't be of more help to you at the moment.

yea something to do with the effects it has on children and their ability to attach to people because they have like never had a stable environment.. if you can think of any other topics which ill be able to find more information on feel free to offer help, i need all the help i can get atm

Kat92

HSC
yea something to do with the effects it has on children and their ability to attach to people because they have like never had a stable environment.. if you can think of any other topics which ill be able to find more information on feel free to offer help, i need all the help i can get atm
If you are considering how they interact, consider looking at social and emotional wellbeing and how it is affected. As there would be a range of factors which impounds upon them, certainly at a young age (i.e. negatively looked upon by peers, may not fit in due to social standings/etc) {Although, this really depends upon the type of parenting styles employed and the environment the child is being raised in}. As they become older and understand more of the situation it also may give them a sense of low self-esteem another reason why they may not interact as much.

Try to research some sites about wellbeing, self-esteem, foster parenting/ and the different types of social parenting so as to have some statistics and first hand information to include in your literary review. As the literary review contains information from sources of whereby other people have conducted similiar research. The information gained for the literary review will either aim to support or disprove your hypothesis (a statement of what you plan to find out by conducting your IRP research).

You will also need to strongly consider the implications of researching this topic, as how will you go about conducting your different types of methodologies. As depending on the type of people you survey they may become emotionally upset and find certain questions too personal and invasive of their comfort zone. To overcome this you can create a pilot survey and show you teacher before administrating to a small scale group. Once the people have completed the pilot survey you can then see whether or not the questions are working or need to be refined before creating a full-scale survey.

Another good tip, is to document all your planning and research in a diary to show the steps on how you went about progressing to your initial idea to your final idea on your topic. It also helps to show where you should be up to at each week and allows for you to make any necessary modifications before the due date. --> Seeing as you are using BOS, make reference somewhere in your IRP probably the acknowledgements of how other BOS members helped you with your planning talking you through possible ideas/ etc and helped to fill in your surveys/questionnaires.

:) :D

Last edited:

alex1905

HSC
What do you think of do private school students receive a greater level of education, and have higher levels of wellbeing then public school students??

i'm not sure if its good or not :s
i was also thinking about maybe doing something on immunisation for children???
i dunno.

Kat92

HSC
What do you think of do private school students receive a greater level of education, and have higher levels of wellbeing then public school students??

i'm not sure if its good or not :s
i was also thinking about maybe doing something on immunisation for children???
i dunno.

Pretty hard to make a comparison, as you would have to get a group of random private school students and public school students and then measure their physical, social, emotional, mental wellbeing, etc through a variety of different questions and observations.

Can't really visualise what you would do with immunisation of children. Would you do something on how different parenting styles affect the health of their children or something??

I say these things, as you need to relate your hypothesis back to the CAFS syllabus dot points. If you don't have a copy ask your teacher or go to the Board of Studies website and download it for your Core topics and Options.

alex1905

HSC
ok thanks heaps for that :D
i haven't been able to find much information on public and private schools, so i need to change my topic.
i've also been thinking of my research question being something along the lines of how does society perceive arranged marriages, and the effect they have on family units??
i dunno, i'm so lost :(:(

Kat92

HSC
ok thanks heaps for that :D
i haven't been able to find much information on public and private schools, so i need to change my topic.
i've also been thinking of my research question being something along the lines of how does society perceive arranged marriages, and the effect they have on family units??
i dunno, i'm so lost :(:(
Your welcome! :spin: Your new idea sounds interesting and pretty easy to go about doing :). I'm certain you would find plenty of stuff on the internet to help with the literature review. You would certainly have a broad perspective from people due to their individual beliefs, customs and cultures. Also if you knew someone from a different culture that was the result of an arranged marriage you could do an observation on the family. However, you would have to be careful of bias; due to your presence.

Don't worry, at first I was toally lost until I saw some things on the news and current affair programs that I could work into an IRP topic. The hardest part is deciding on an innovative and interesting topic to work with. Once you've done that, putting it together with good time management skills is the easy part! :) Upon completion, you'll feel a great sense of satisfaction that you put in the hard work. Just think once its all done you can treat yourself to a small :party: to celebrate your dedication from start to finish on your IRP!

alex1905

HSC
ok thanks heaps :D:D
the only problem is i don't know anyone in an arranged marriage.
i wrote down a whole list of research questions.
i've also been thinking like how does following a religion increase an individuals wellbeing?
cause i know a few religious people to interview.

i just can't wait till its over!

Kat92

HSC
ok thanks heaps :D:D
the only problem is i don't know anyone in an arranged marriage.
i wrote down a whole list of research questions.
i've also been thinking like how does following a religion increase an individuals wellbeing?
cause i know a few religious people to interview.

i just can't wait till its over!
It's totally up to you, whatever is easier. Select the one that you feel more comfortable with and can get more research on. Personally, I think you'll find more on the religion one (i.e. you could look at articles in the media on race riots, etc). Plus, there is a specific aspect that focuses on spiritual wellbeing. You could also interlink other aspects of wellbeing such as social and emotional if you wanted to.

alex1905

HSC
i've thought of a research question for the religion one, cause there seems to be a fair bit of info.
"How does the choice to follow, or not follow a religion impact on an individual’s wellbeing?"
im just gunna do a bit more research on it now, and head to the library later on this week.
Thanks for all your help !
:D

Kat92

HSC
i've thought of a research question for the religion one, cause there seems to be a fair bit of info.
"How does the choice to follow, or not follow a religion impact on an individual’s wellbeing?"
im just gunna do a bit more research on it now, and head to the library later on this week.
Thanks for all your help !
:D
Sounds good! :D Good luck with it. Remember to take some breaks with it now and then or otherwise you'll get over it really quickly. Just happy to help out! :)

Nickole92

HSC
Hey im also doing irp its about L platers and Road rage but im having a bit of trouble writing the introduction i have done everything but the introduction
any ideas or tips that could help me?

Kat92

HSC
Hey im also doing irp its about L platers and Road rage but im having a bit of trouble writing the introduction i have done everything but the introduction
any ideas or tips that could help me?
You can have a look at the structuring of some introductions of IRPS underneath the resources section on this site. =)

Kat92

HSC
Haii
I'm just wondering what goes into an appendix?
Any additional material that you have found whilst researching your IRP. Often it's too long to go into the actual report, you can also include copies of your planning and methodolgies/survey.

HSC
When is your IRP due?

we got ours last year, term 4 and it was due on monday

so we only got apparently 16 weeks

Britthargreaves

HSC
Hey everyone.

Im doing CAFS and my IRP is on teenage self esteem and body image. I found a really good website where you can create your own surveys and send the url to ur friends emails. I found this easier as its anomous. The website is Create Free Online Surveys with our Survey Builder

If anyone wants to do my survey go to

Survey provided by FreeOnlineSurveys.com

This would be muchley apreaciated as its due in a month. :D

Thanks hope this website helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)