I really need a 99 atar (1 Viewer)

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
go to page 28 of here: https://www.uac.edu.au/assets/documents/scaling-reports/preliminary-report-2020-nsw-hsc.pdf
youll see that the atars increment by 1.7% as you go down on the right-most column
pattern stops at 82
I’ve read other BOSTES documents which explain that each ATAR unit increments by more than 1% (for this particular year, 1.7%) of students who achieve an ATAR because it takes into account the entire cohort who were enrolled in primary, some of whom may have left before year 12 (got an apprenticeship, turned 17) or took non ATAR subjects in Yr 12. So ATAR of 99 means the student is in the top one percent of their whole cohort throughout most of their schooling.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
@vernburn @black.mamba

Back up?
any of you boys know 70 atars?
I know several people who got ATARs of 70 or less. They are successful skilled tradespersons. In an economy with high and ever rising real estate prices, their skills ensure that their time is well renumerated.

Last edited:

Notneccessary234

HSC
As I have mentioned I really need a 99 atar to get into the uni that I am passionate about, I have just started year 11 and am willing to work as hard as it takes, and would like guidance on how to study, how many hours and anything that can help me get the 99 atar. I am doing eng and maths ext 1, physics, economics and business studies. I also go to a public school ranked in the 300s

Thanks in advance.
Yea you better put your head down and hope that your other students aren't idiots

4321suomynona

HSC
I know several people who got ATARs of 70 or less. They are successful skilled tradespersons. In an economy with high and ever rising real estate prices, their skills ensure that their time is well renumerated.
i think u mean "remunerated" dk not sure lol

black.mamba

HSC
I’ve read other BOSTES documents which explain that each ATAR unit increments by more than 1% (for this particular year, 1.7%) of students who achieve an ATAR because it takes into account the entire cohort who were enrolled in primary, some of whom may have left before year 12 (got an apprenticeship, turned 17) or took non ATAR subjects in Yr 12. So ATAR of 99 means the student is in the top one percent of their whole cohort throughout most of their schooling.
ATAR takes into account the entire HSC-age cohort, including those who are not ATAR-eligible. The ATAR-eligible cohort is academically better than the whole cohort (which is why 1.7% of ATARs are above 99, for example).

If you want it from UAC themselves, they have written that:
  • "Students who receive an ATAR of 80.00 in 2019, for example, have performed well enough in the HSC to place them 20% from the top if every HSC-aged person in the state had been ATAR-eligible"
  • "The model expects all the most able candidates to complete Year 12 and be eligible for an ATAR"

Grinder

HSC
I do have another form, The main reason I need a 99 ATAR to apply overseas to study technology and management.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
nah you don't fam, my ATAR wasn't worth the paper it was written on and I'm doing just fine.

Obviously don't waste your time (like i did) and actually put in a respectable amount of effort - but there's likely more ways to get to where you want to than you are currently aware of.

Grinder

HSC
I want to study Technology and Management at oxford and something similar in the USA or London.

2xq

HSC
Uni Grad
I want to study Technology and Management at oxford and something similar in the USA or London.
Interesting... Are you sure you want to go overseas abandoning all you friends here in Australia? Bear in mind your qualifications may not translate back over. Your university fees will also be massive as well.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
What's more impressive is how you did better in 4u then in 3u, many other good students get like 97 in 3u but like scrape an e4 in 4u.
Yeah 3u is kinda like a silly mistake exam while 4u is like "if you solve it you solve it"

Lets be real tho who actually has the willpower to study for english when their strong suit is maths.
Yeah true english was literally my weakest subject and I put the least time into it, it was too boring LMAO

Grinder

HSC
I have to 4u maths though, if I want to apply to the uk lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)