If you are in year 11, read this first. (1 Viewer)

jzhang2

HSC
2U topics should definitely be understood before proceeding onto 3U and 4U. I can't provide an example off the top of my head, but the straight answer is a resounding yes.

LittlerCandy

HSC
So you still do the 2U course but it doesn't count for your overall units?? Why do they do that? Do they think that students get an advantage or something?

nightweaver066

HSC
So you still do the 2U course but it doesn't count for your overall units?? Why do they do that? Do they think that students get an advantage or something?
The 2U course provides the foundations for some parts of 3U and 4U.

It's also testable in 3U.

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Just talked to my teacher today.... We are starting 4U next Monday :D
I freak out at the first class of 4U...
The 'i' is too hard...

Now look back at the stuff I learnt at that time, just too easy man.
The bos exam is hard tho

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Is it a satisfying course though, do you enjoy it?
Definitely a big yes
The questions are so much fun
This is the most challenging and interesting subject , I like it most
Never get tired of doing 4U questions

But at the beginning it was extremely painful
I was like in hell ...

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
Could still get frustrated if i don't get the question today.. But it's the same in every subject hahah

Yea I love 4U even though I'm too stupid to do some of the questions

HeyJes

Academic Tutor @ UNSW
HSC
Uni Grad
But you get the... Euphoria and happiness when you get it right or know the correct solution

kirstann

HSC
Hi, does anyone have the pdf version of cambridge mathmatics 4 unit? i want it desperately. and is terry lee good?

andybandy

HSC
this post makes me so sad, that i didnt pick up 4 unit, and when i wanted to it was two late -.-
ive been getting 90-95% in my 2 and 3 unit exams, except for a 1 off exam full of silly errors,
i love maths and find it so fun and challenging and easy (once you understand it),
i wish i could do 4 unit so much haha :(

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Heaps of people from my school go tutoring for 4 unit and started it almost two years ago. Is it too late if i start term 4 of year 11 and get over 95?
Wow that's quite early :/

I don't think it's too late for a tutor seeing as you would just be starting 4 Unit in Term 4

Never knew there were necros on BoS o_O

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Heaps of people from my school go tutoring for 4 unit and started it almost two years ago. Is it too late if i start term 4 of year 11 and get over 95?
It is never too late-don't compare yourself too much with other people-because maths really is a discipline requiring consistent practice, even if you learnt something two years ago, without practising regularly, you will lose the knowledge very quickly. Just focus on your own ATAR goal and do everything you can to achieve it:) Best wishes:)

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
4U is meant to be started in term 4 of year 11, which is when most schools do start it.

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
anyone who starts the course that far back is honestly retarded. you gain absolutely nothing. i'm doing the course currently, and there are a few kids who started it at tutoring at the start of year 11. Needless to say, none of them have even broken the top 15. The majority of the top of our course isn't tutored at all. definitely not something to worry about. if you're averaging over 95, you'll cope no problem, it's just about consistent and constant application. I try to do a few questions in each of my free periods at school, and i'm easily managing the course like that. the most important thing is that you love the maths. if you don't, you won't enjoy putting in the work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)