If You Could Choose A Text To Study For English, For Your HSC, What Would It Be? (1 Viewer)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Atlas Shrugged

I know it inside out, but no one else would be bothered reading the whole thing/getting a thorough understanding of it, so I win.

also its obviously an amazing book that should be read by everyone etc etc

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
why would you want to use your favourite tv show/book as a your english text you'd hate it so much after dissecting it

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
why would you want to use your favourite tv show/book as a your english text you'd hate it so much after dissecting it
doesn't always happen. sometimes it doesn't feel like work when you actually like what you're doing. each to their own, i guess.

OP: the fountainhead or any of patrick wolf's songs for romanticism.

stupid era constraints. wish we did 'after the bomb' - it would've chimed well with my strange fixation on war literature/film.

or scrubs for teh lulz.

stackman

HSC
I used the Power of One br Bryce Courtenay. Good book. Use the part where they are doing the black singing in the jail. You can tlak about the uniformity of all the black people and the young boy Peekay.

Gmac_0

HSC
1. Fight Club - for sure, be heaps to write about.
2. The Silence of the lambs. Awesome book, great writing, don't know much could be written in terms of analysis on it though.
3. One flew over the cuckoo's nest.
4. Catcher in the Rye.

The first three have the bonus of the film, #4 is on VCE english lists under 'Context' I believe, but my school did not pick it :/

kawaiinlove

HSC
That would be awesome, though US series only
Agreed. The host on the UK was a douche. EVERY time something got interesting (ie possibly implying themes of profanity or sexual references ;)), he'd wrap it up. -_-

Anyway, Mean Girls. I know it's over-used but I wouldn't have to bother memorising quotes, ever :).

gella

HSC
I was to choose a text I would choose A Clockwork Orange or The Picture of Dorian Gray, two of the most interesting novels I have read.

And 1984 as well, but we actually did that at school :D
used this for year 11 yieww, power

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Black books! now that is a good choice, but what elective unit were you studying?
Retreat From The Global. I did the episode 'Blood'.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
well first I would make a short film which shows copies (possibly all copies?) wuthering heights burning, possible alongside bronte's exumed corpse

then i would study that

aggghhh.. high school english

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)