Illnesses, injuries, breakages.. what have you got/had?? (1 Viewer)

nwatts

HSC
Exphate said:
If you ignore my disabilty (Charcot Marie Tooth) I've had:-
yeah i have that, it's shit

go team us

oh and i've had a headache since october last year

Last edited:

xtinkx

HSC
Panda Bear said:
i've got some form of glaucoma... :(:(:(

hmmm im going for a test for glaucoma next week...both of my parents have mild cases of it....gooddie

I have also had injuries myself:
*I snaped my collar bone in half
*I had my bottom lip half ripped off...but to my advantage i now have nicer lips..dont know how that panned out but who cares
* I split my head open in the backyard

Note that all this happened under the age of 4....after the events i was put in dancing for balance and i havent had an accident since = )

Loza33

HSC
xtinkx said:
after the events i was put in dancing for balance and i havent had an accident since = )
Haha, most of my accidents were caused from ballet.. either while doing it, or due to damage from ballet... haha

yosemite sam

HSC
cytomegalo virus with long term fatigue from it, coupled with mild chronic fatigue. and i nearly broke my finger once doing a handstand. and i fractured my finger once playing balloon volleyball in class...on hell day! (6/6/06)

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
In terms of diagnosable stuff:

familial hyper-cholesterolemia - abnormally high cholesterol levels NOT associated with diet, but rather associated with dna, passed on by my lovely father
hypotension - low blood pressure 24/7
my eyes are larger than most - the pupil is too big and thus half of my vision is blurred.

Random other stuff:
Broken baby toe on my left foot 3 times at different times!
Broke my 4 metatarcils on the left foot

yosemite sam

HSC
Exphate said:
Fractured a finger on a balloon?
nah...my friend and i both went for the balloon at the same time, both missed and it turns out he has giant hands as hard as bricks just perfect for fracturing my finger on

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
I've had numerous sprained ankles and wrists from when i was an adventurous little tyke, mostly trampoline related
i broke my hip when i was 11 from falling of the second floor level of a building (really long story). because i was still growing when it also knocked my pelvis and any other bones out of whack and made my back grow retarded, as a result it now affects my knees, cos i put all my weight onto one leg cos my back is gay and the knee that never gets used plays up sometimes. Running especially bothers it. and i have mild lower back pain that im meant to do physio for. if only i never climbed that ladder!
i broke a rib when i was 19 from falling out of a bed.
about 6 months ago i tripped over on my own foot on a slippery floor at work backwards and hit my head, giving myself both a concussion and whiplash, from which I'm STILL recovering and i had to take about 10 weeks off from going to the gym when that happened too.
oh and i fell out of a canoe when i was drunk in new caledonia and did something to my ankle, cant remember. i was on crutches for the remainder of my schoolies cruise though!

Loza33

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
I've had numerous sprained ankles and wrists from when i was an adventurous little tyke, mostly trampoline related
i broke my hip when i was 11 from falling of the second floor level of a building (really long story). because i was still growing when it also knocked my pelvis and any other bones out of whack and made my back grow retarded, as a result it now affects my knees, cos i put all my weight onto one leg cos my back is gay and the knee that never gets used plays up sometimes. Running especially bothers it. and i have mild lower back pain that im meant to do physio for. if only i never climbed that ladder!
i broke a rib when i was 19 from falling out of a bed.
about 6 months ago i tripped over on my own foot on a slippery floor at work backwards and hit my head, giving myself both a concussion and whiplash, from which I'm STILL recovering and i had to take about 10 weeks off from going to the gym when that happened too.
oh and i fell out of a canoe when i was drunk in new caledonia and did something to my ankle, cant remember. i was on crutches for the remainder of my schoolies cruise though!
Yay!!! someone as damaged and retarded as me!!!

liverpool3k

Banned
HSC
ahah this thread is wack.
muddy soccer pitch. going full pelt from beyond halfway back into the penalty area. got to the ball, kicked it. foot got stuck in aforementioned mud. twisted. acl = dead.
then I'm lying in mud, with everyone looking at me like im retarded. I start to laugh, and hobble by myself about 5m before falling over, at which point someone helps me off.
lol.

HSC
i'm sure i can beat most of you in straight-out retardedness .. i was playing netball, went to shoot a goal from like right under the net, the ball bounced straight back off the bottom of the ring and smacked me in the face, and it broke my nose. all my friends laughed at me, and i was crying and laughing so hard at the same time i thought i was going to choke and die :eek:

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
- Broke two fingers the day of the Opening Ceremony of the Sydney Olympics.
- Exposed to some kind of chemical during my year off that left my left arm covered in blisters.
- Contracted meningococcal meningitis in September 2005.
- Broke my nose (twice) playing soccer when I collided with the goal posts.
- Nearly tore one of the tendons out of my ankle in an accident when I was 12.

Loza33

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
- Broke two fingers the day of the Opening Ceremony of the Sydney Olympics.
- Exposed to some kind of chemical during my year off that left my left arm covered in blisters.
- Contracted meningococcal meningitis in September 2005.
- Broke my nose (twice) playing soccer when I collided with the goal posts.
- Nearly tore one of the tendons out of my ankle in an accident when I was 12.
Wow... craziness!!!!

In light of this thread, today i dislocated my hip again.... damn dancing.... grr... it was ok.... a few painkillers.. quick visit to emergency.. which actually was quick... and its all good... crutches for a weekish and should be fine... it really isnt helping with the whole 'getting back into dancing, due to no more injuries thing'

Panda Bear

arab chicks? :|
HSC
xtinkx said:
hmmm im going for a test for glaucoma next week...both of my parents have mild cases of it....gooddie

I have also had injuries myself:
*I snaped my collar bone in half
*I had my bottom lip half ripped off...but to my advantage i now have nicer lips..dont know how that panned out but who cares
* I split my head open in the backyard

Note that all this happened under the age of 4....after the events i was put in dancing for balance and i havent had an accident since = )
the test doens't take that long.. they either poke your eye or puff your eye.

i've got a special rare case of glaucoma, alot of hospital staff know me now :p not like i'm happy about it lol

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
only had two major injuries
* broke my pinkie two on yr 7 camp
*tore the cartilage in my left knee doing PE at school that was a fun time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)