IMPORTANT - Mafs sux - surely u agree (1 Viewer)

cynical

Jesus.. what are you guys thinking? English is much better.. it's all about bullshitting! You can get away with not having read your texts and making up things.. In maths if you don't know the formulas, you're screwed!
Maybe I'm just jealous because I suck at remembering formulas. Le sigh.

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
cynical said:
Jesus.. what are you guys thinking? English is much better.. it's all about bullshitting! You can get away with not having read your texts and making up things.. In maths if you don't know the formulas, you're screwed!
Maybe I'm just jealous because I suck at remembering formulas. Le sigh.
Amen brother... if you are good at bullshiting you can pull texts, composers, themes, techniques, readings straight out of your ass! Try bullshitting up your own formulas, even in General maths they don't give you enuff formulas.

bevstarrunner

Maths Nut
HSC
While english is all about BS-ing, you are always gonna have inconsistancies with marking. With maths, there is one answer (maybe more than one answer), but you know if you got it right

dritz2003

HSC
N/A
bevstarrunner said:
While english is all about BS-ing, you are always gonna have inconsistancies with marking. With maths, there is one answer (maybe more than one answer), but you know if you got it right
Yes BUT English is a lot more useful in real life, as Bullshitting is a VITAL SKILL! I dismally failed to learn anything in 6 years of maths, I got the Volume question wrong in the year 6 exam and then got almost the same question wrong in the HSC, but at least my bullshitting skills are now 1337!

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
spellin MATHS propa is beta bcoz intanet tok is old dez dayz u no?
but yeh mafs iz hepz fun coz itz good yeh?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
dritz2003 said:
Yes BUT English is a lot more useful in real life, as Bullshitting is a VITAL SKILL! I dismally failed to learn anything in 6 years of maths, I got the Volume question wrong in the year 6 exam and then got almost the same question wrong in the HSC, but at least my bullshitting skills are now 1337!
I would put it to you that you would use things from the general maths course much more than you would analyse a text for its context, techniques and purpose.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
No, uni maths is da bomb. It offers a more balanced perspective on mathematics as opposed to just calculus.

mojako

HSC
withoutaface said:
No, uni maths is da bomb. It offers a more balanced perspective on mathematics as opposed to just calculus.
lol
finally theres someone who shares my opinion of the NSW HSC maths courses
hmm NSW is probably the only state which calls calculus-oriented course as a "Mathematics" course. They should at least incorporate the word calculus in the name of the course.

but.. even though its not calculus-oriented, Im sue it wont change ur opinion of maths lol
u will just be aware that calculus is just a fraction of maths but if u think the HSC maths is boring then u'll still think the real maths is boring

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
mojako said:
lol
hmm NSW is probably the only state which calls calculus-oriented course as a "Mathematics" course. They should at least incorporate the word calculus in the name of the course.

but.. even though its not calculus-oriented, Im sue it wont change ur opinion of maths lol
u will just be aware that calculus is just a fraction of maths but if u think the HSC maths is boring then u'll still think the real maths is boring
Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed HSC maths, just would have preferred that I had a broader understanding is all.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
mojako said:
lol

I agree...
BOS has succeeded in killing science and maths....
well of course maths is relevant, I mean I don't love it as much as waffy or mojako but I admit it has relevance...
all subjects have relevance, it depends on relevance for what.

mojako

HSC
sometimes I hate maths
just to clarify :p
and sometimes I fail to see how some of the questions are relevant

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
mojako said:
sometimes I hate maths
just to clarify :p
and sometimes I fail to see how some of the questions are relevant
Haha well I'm studying pure maths at uni, so everything's relevant for me:)

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Id prefer a syllabus saturated in calculus rather than statistics like some states have

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
im with acmilan once again (i just love this guy). The maths syllabus now is ok, although i wouldnt mind a broader course with even more work :D
I also can't wait till uni maths as well ^_^

F_W01

acmilan said:
Id prefer a syllabus saturated in calculus rather than statistics like some states have
Agree with that. As they won't let us 2 and 3U students use graphics calculators, this is much safer. Reasonably straightforward sort of course even if it doesn't have exactly what you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)