• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Important - Please Read (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
On a less random note, LLYRAI IS MOVING OUT OF HOME!!!

But cant find a suitable appealing place to live. On campus is actually more expensive than they make out to be. All these extra fees...gawd!

HSC
N/A
really? Cool! I can't wait till I move out, even though I promised to stay till my little brother could drive (and that's going to be at least 2 or 3 years).

What Uni are you going to next year? how much is on-campus accomodation?

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
(hopefully) USYD. On campus ranges from 70->300 bucks per week.

But the cheap accomondation is crap, and the okay accomondation is really expensive. Its cheaper to actually find your own place, its just i think id be really bored if i found a off-campus place, since i wouldnt know anyone. Atleast on campus, you run into people and can make convo.

HSC
N/A
How bad is bad? Like, lumpy matress and communal outdoor bathroom?

Hmm. Next year offers a completely new world, both enticing, and downright scary. It's going to be weird coming out of the High School system, even though we've been rebelling against it for the last few years.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
I am going travelling next year...I am going to Greece, Macedonia, Bulgaria and Romania! 'Cause I am a year younger than all of you and have a year to burn!

HSC
N/A
Sounds tempting. I've never been to any of those places...

Although I HAVE been to New Zealand, Singapore, Malaysia, London, Scotland, Ireland, Paris, Rome, Canada and the USA...

I do wish I had a year to burn though. Just to be free...

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
You people make llyrai sick.

*vomits embarassingly on his own pants.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Don't kill me! :eek:

I consider myself lucky. Mind you, skipping a grade wasn't necessarily easy when I had to put myself amongst a group of completely new kids, and deal with exam formats I had no idea about! I made it though, and I am very proud of myself! Third in the grade! I think I deserve to get my year off.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Crikey, Glitter, you have been around the world....
I have only been to China so far

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Vietnam and American for Llyrai.

Disliked both. Im not muhc of a traveller. I mean, for a short period, its fun, but i hate extended stays - over a week.

HSC
N/A
It's overrated.

After travelling so much, particularly when I was younger, has made the novelty of travel completely die. Plus, now I'm of an age where I don't want to go with my family anymore - just with a few friends, and actually LIVE the place for a week or two. I'd give up all my sight-seeing just for something like that.

My parents - my mum really - is a travel freak. It's the equivalent of seeing the same kind of things you see in an encyclopedia, except for Pompeii, which I loved. I'd really prefer to soak up the culture, and you can't do that when your mother is screaming at you to put on your "ultra-secret-body-compartment-to-store-spare-emergency-money-and-passports". Ugh.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
I think it would be nice to spend three weeks in each place...that way, you can truly experience tha flavour of the region, without getting seriously home-sick

HSC
N/A
America's weird. Like, you see on TV how it's all so fast and filled with people and neon-lights.

Then you GO there... *shudder* I felt agrophobic.

Strange that I'm now actually considering moving there to work for a couple of years in the distant future. That kind of adrenaline rush appeals to me.

But they let people have GUNS over there!!! *glitterfairy hides under bed*

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
I hear that some parts of America are pretty rough; and that Australia is a paradise by comparison. I don't plan on going to America. I am more interested in old Europe and off-the-beaten track locations in China and Mongolia - which will be the locations of the trip after my trip next year :p

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
I know...

Im someone who likes to stay put. That kind of adrenaline, doesnt appeal to me. Its not something id spend so much money on.

HSC
N/A
Hmm... old europe...

I do so love the Baroque and Renaissance eras, does anyone else dream of being transported back to those times? I'd love to meet Leonardo Da Vinci.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)