• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Important - Please Read (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
That's fair enough Llyrai. I know I don't plan on long trips in really really strange places - I wan't to see some wild areas, but not too far off the track! I would get quite disorientated and perhaps even afraid. That is why I am using my rellies place as a base in Greece, and shooting off to the Slavic countries once I have spent enough time in Greece.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Yeah, I have daydreamed about travelling back to the Renaissance in Florence, or the Hellenistic period in Corinth and Athens....

HSC
N/A
It would be such an amazing trip...

On the down side, humanity has evolved much from those times. I don't think any man would take me seriously if I travelled back in time. What's the fun in looking pretty but being reduced to nothing more than an ornament on legs?

Feminism should have come in earlier. Like, at the time the universe was created.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Well said, Glitter...

I still think that if you had a strong enough sense of self then you would be respected, despite the age and despite the backward values. It wouldn't be easy, but being respected by others is secondary to self-respect.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Alot of things should have come in earlier. Somethings still havent.

EQUALITY! You and me glitterfairy!

*Damns the howard government.

HSC
N/A
lol @ Llyrai again.

Yes, the state of Australian affairs is questionable... time for a change of government, but who? We need a superhero to make everything better.

As for time - I don't know. The whole restriction thing was pretty much the basis of their world - and religion! I would be burnt at the stake, particularly if I were in France or Spain or England.

Plus, only one word - CORSETS.

HSC
N/A
'twould be marvolous to be alive in the time of the Renaissance though. So many new and revolutionary ideas.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
If Kerry gets in in America, Llyrai, then he will finally allow gay marriage. That would be a major step towards understanding and acceptance. It would also put some pressure on Howard...

(bye bye Bushy!)

HSC
N/A
REALLY? WOW!

So my gay friends might be able to marry and adopt kids in Australia one day?

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
I havent really been keeping up to date with American politics.

The coalitions power in the senate really fu*ked me up. God, what ever happened to democracy???

AND THEY'RE PLANNING ON REMOVING COMPULSORY VOTING!

HSC
N/A
The world is rapidly spinning into decline.

We're going right back to the corrupt Roman Senate.

And look what happened to them...

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
I found their rise and fall quite fascinating...Imagine what we could have become if they had 'survived' it all. Blows your mind away doesnt it?

HSC
N/A
On the other hand, they are also considering major restrictions on P-Platers.

Restricted power of engines I support.
Compulsary driving/education/all-around good stuff courses I support.

But curfews and passenger limits... well, curfews are my biggest fear.

HSC
N/A
Llyrai said:
I found their rise and fall quite fascinating...Imagine what we could have become if they had 'survived' it all. Blows your mind away doesnt it?
Am I allowed to say "fascinating until you have to memorise it all for Ancient History?"

I love READING about it, but memorising facts just isn't my idea of fun.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Rome wouldn't have survived anyway. There was only a certain amount of land an empire could occupy at that stage of technological development. Rome was overstretched...with legions in Britain, and fending off not only the Germanic tribes in the north, but fending off the coming of the Slavs, the Huns, the Bulgars, the Visigoths, further Celtic incursions, etc. Just like Persia - it became overstretched...

HSC
N/A
Well gentlemen, it has been a thoroughly entertaining and enjoyable night, but my internet connection calls. I bid you adieu!

*blows kisses to Goldie and Llyrai*

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
*blows kisses back at Glitter*

G'night! Sleep well!

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Sometimes i feel overstretched...

"Sit down on the couch there llyrai." I sit, and he watches me for a moment, before he asks "So what is it again you feel?"
"Stretched," I tell him, "Like butter over too much bread..."
He nods, and continues to look at me carefully behind those chorme glasses. I look out the window, its too uncomfortable to look back at him in the eyes. Theres sky, and clouds.
He says, "is that all?"
"No, there are other things: the stiffness in my back, the fight of morality and desire. I feel out-done, like I'm losing grip. I feel like im on the slop of failure, of loss..."
"I see..."
"Yes."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)