• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Important - Please Read (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Katie states that she is tired and had absolutely no idea what Lynn, Justin, Marcus and Alan are arguing about. Katie also wishes everyone goodnight before she goes to sleep.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Alan must say that he has a distaste for this argument, and in order to change the topic, he would like to say, there is a cricket in his room (somewhere) that wont stop makign that cricket noise.

He knows he will have a terrible time sleeping to night....

"Nights super-katie" Alan waves.

J

jhakka

Justin gasps in shock at the revelation that a cricket is making cricket noises. :D

Justin also wishes Katie a good night.

HSC
N/A
Lynn says goodnight to Katie and admits that she too has little idea of what's going on, but she LOVES her friends too much to really care.

Lynn hopes Alan finds cricket soon and removes it. She cannot abide noices keeping her up at night - not even the alarm clock tick-tick-ticking away.

goldendawn

ὄσον ζῆς...
HSC
Marcus disagrees. Marcus understands that love can involve suffering (the etymology of the word passion is from the Latin term, "passio", which means suffering), but Marcus believes that love ultimately leads to transcendance. Just as the use of discord or atonality in music establishes a sense of instability, it promises to find the tonic. Marcus believes that insults form part of our own self-deception. They express indecision, rather than true affection; they express uncertainty, rather than fostering sincerity and understanding.

An insult is not a joke. It is clothed in the absurd. It is its egoic nature which tickles us. "Dost he laugh in the devils face?" Faust.

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
Katie lingers a moment longer to make it known that there is a moth in the kitchen where she is sleeping that keeps bumping the celing. She hopes it wont bump itself to death.

Goodnight :D

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
hahah thank you all. Alan also finds the ticking annoying. And not his alarm clock..HIS WATCH ALONE IS ENOUGH TO ANNOY ALAN!

J

jhakka

super katie said:
Katie lingers a moment longer to make it known that there is a moth in the kitchen where she is sleeping that keeps bumping the celing. She hopes it wont bump itself to death.

Goodnight :D
Justin doesn't like anything crawly. :(

He says goodnight again.

HSC
N/A
Lynn suggests Alan throws his watch out the window.

If Alan still needs to tell time, she offers to lend him her watch - one that ticks without making a sound :D

J

jhakka

Justin has a self winding watch that doesn't need a battery. Justin got it for his 18th. :)

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
goldendawn said:
Marcus disagrees. Marcus understands that love can involve suffering (the etymology of the word passion is from the Latin term, "passio", which means suffering), but Marcus believes that love ultimately leads to transcendance. Just as the use of discord or atonality in music establishes a sense of instability, it promises to find the tonic. Marcus believes that insults form part of our own self-deception. They express indecision, rather than true affection; they express uncertainty, rather than fostering sincerity and understanding.

An insult is not a joke. It is clothed in the absurd. It is its egoic nature which tickles us. "Dost he laugh in the devils face?" Faust.
Alan must put a stop to this now, as he cannot bring himself to ignor it.

Alan believes Marcus is living to rules that need no apply. If so much thought was placed into the usage of expression, including insults, then i wonder how many people would talk?

Being honest, Alan admits that because he does not know everyone here that well, he can only express emotion and feeling on a very superficial level. Therefore, he cannot honestly believe that if he said "I love you" to say, Lynn, that it would be sincere. AS although Alan does love Lynn, it is only aesthetic (Alan apologises, *kiss), so instead, he finds ways to express that feeling via insults, which are indeed more fitting for the job.

However, contradicting that, he insults (and they, me,) his best friends all the time, for the reasons i mentioned ealier.

In either case, to end this entire conversation, "to each his own".

Last edited:

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
LOL probably. Alan didnt understand Marcus' point very well.

J

jhakka

Justin declares that he is tired and is going to bed.

"Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night."

HSC
N/A
Lynn comforts Marcus.

Lynn feels that we do, all in fact, "get" Marcus' point but sometimes it takes a little while to digest. However she stresses that Marcus' points are all very valid, and that he should not be ashamed or pressured into changing what he writes, or the way he writes.

HSC
N/A
Lynn wishes Justin a good night's sleep with no puppy whines in the middle of the night.

Llyrai

My Beast?? 48/50 !!!
HSC
Alan has read, and re-read marcus' post, and still maintains what he believes. Anyway, Alan is also off, tired.

"Sleep tight everyone"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)