• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Improving my handwriting (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I believe that in HSC marking they have special markers for people with messy writing.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I write like a computer types ... but some how i still manage to write resemably fast ... but it does get annoying.

I can write about 12 pages an hour of those hsc booklets, and i do, i always have so much to say in essays. But coz i write so fast my writing becomes pretyy bad. Im contemplating in the hsc whether i should slow down slightly so my writing is more readable, coz in trials some of my teachers had problems reaing my essays -s till got top marks tho.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Don't care about whether your handwriting will make it slightly more difficult for the markers to read.

I would try and fix up any grammatical and spelling errors before trying to neaten up.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
in my eng trial results

when i got my papers back i saw the words "YOUR HANDWRITING IS TERRIBLE" on every single Q for paper 2

i have no idea how i ended up doing well in it though.. hahaha

mishka

HSC
N/A
i'm a lefty, and i write so fast that usually the ink doesn't have time to dry!!! i have blue ink all up the side of my hand when i finish!!! but i can write fast, cos i'm a neat writer. my maths teacher actually gets frustrated when he marks my tests cos it's like "how the bloody hell do you keep it so neat???!!!"
And as for english, i'm the same, but for having the neater handwriting. the student numbers don't work for me cos everyone knows my handwriting. :)

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
do u reckon they will mark you down just because of the aesthetics? are people really so assholish?

mishka

HSC
N/A
well imagine if you're a marker... you've already marked 50 essays and you come across a messy, scribbly paper. it's late at night. frustration levels are high. they can't take marks OFF technically, but if it's illegible, they may miss an important point you're making. therefore, it's best to TRY to make it at least READ-ABLE so they don't "write you off" (hahaha - what a good pun ;))

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
mishka said:
well imagine if you're a marker... you've already marked 50 essays and you come across a messy, scribbly paper. it's late at night. frustration levels are high. they can't take marks OFF technically, but if it's illegible, they may miss an important point you're making. therefore, it's best to TRY to make it at least READ-ABLE so they don't "write you off" (hahaha - what a good pun ;))

yeh good point. i just dont like to be cynical and coz ive got such shit handwriting i tell myself that itll all be ok...
hmm who am i kidding??? cheers mishka for bursting my bubble.
its good i need a reality check

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
I've been to have the occasional lapses re: handwriting. Personally, my handwriting is much better if I make it reasonably small rather than medium - large.

frazzle

HSC
My handwriting is ok... it's legible most of the time, even thoguh it is very messy. I don't know how to do running-writing properly though =S, but I don't print either, I kind of do a combinationfo the two...

my problem is I write too slow. in an average essay people can generally write 8 pages, I can only write 4... =\ It's so frustrating because I want to get all these things in my head onto the paper, but I just write so bloody SLOW!!!

yes, help would be appreciated...

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
the comment I received on each and every single one of my exam paper was “ your hand writing are incredible hard to read, improvement must me made”, my buz teacher suggest i should write bigger on every 2 lines..... okie dokie.. im blame it on too much typing keke

BabySilver

HSC
I hve shocking hand writing, i have my whole life, when i was in primasry school they thought somehow sending me to the school counseller was gonna help... mind you this was in the last half of grade 6 (bright one sparkies). But I have tried everything over the years, writing slower (though I was always the slowest writer in the class anyway), different pens with different grips, writing only on every second line,using books with guide lines, nothing really worked, sometimes writing over 2 lines (using one as a guide) does work but not often and it takes up twice as much space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)