in a bad state :( (1 Viewer)

Magical Kebab

HSC
yes, title explains it.
I have been studying quite a lot and expect to get quite high marks. Last week, i received my 3unit mark back for circle geometry and i received a 23/50. Im currently entering depression and am really confused on how this happened.
If u do realise my atar aim, its quite obvious this is impossible for me.

any advice would be appreciated, i suck.

nazfiz

HSC
Think about the positives. At least you screwed up the exam in your prelim year and not your HSC year (when the assessment marks actually count). Make sure you learn and understand whatever you got wrong to make sure this doesn't happen in HSC year.

enoilgam

HSC
yes, title explains it.
I have been studying quite a lot and expect to get quite high marks. Last week, i received my 3unit mark back for circle geometry and i received a 23/50. Im currently entering depression and am really confused on how this happened.

You will find that the vast majority of people who get high ATARs will have done poorly in one or two exams here and there. Did everyone do poorly, or just you? If not, then there is still more then enough time to come back from a poor performance at this point. Unfortunately, with academics work does not always equal results - you can put in the hard yards for 2 weeks and it all can go to the shit in a 60 minute exam. You might just have had an off day or something.

EDIT: Your in year 11, so learn from your mistakes and move on - remember now is the time to screw up. Hopefully, you fix up these problems for next year.

sweetkiki

Unconscious Member
HSC
N/A
what was the class average/highest mark (this is important)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
yes, title explains it.

Failing in prelim means jack-all. Don't worry bro

SunnyScience

HSC
It's only prelims. It counts for NOTHING. Don't feel bad, consider it a learning experience.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Dude, seriously IMO just don't stress to much about it. You remember that bad feeling when you saw that mark, do you want that again? I'd imagine the answer to be no. Make this bad mark act as a motivator for you to study efficiently and to ultimately just improve your results. I don't need to tell you that you're intellectually gifted; your subjects already tell me that (unless you're a douche bag who just chose subjects that you're not capable of - which I know you're not). If the highest was 32/50 then seriously just forget it. It's obvious it was a challenging exam then. Just relax and always remember; when you are freaking out and everything is wrong just think of a kebab and everything will be ok; I think you already know how magical it can be :D

sweetkiki

Unconscious Member
HSC
N/A
How did your peers find it?
Is the person that got the top mark an outlier? are they extremely proficient at maths? how did they find it?

ncoul

HSC
Studying and not receiving fruition in results can be hugely discouraging, but relax. Take a break off work for an afternoon, listen to some music, watch a movie, read a book. I know I can't study after receiving bad results, it's normal.

sweetkiki

Unconscious Member
HSC
N/A
just noticed this was for prelim lol
cmon who cares
for all of my hsc subjects (on average) my marks were 1.5x higher than in prelim

also
you might not have studied the right way
did you do lots of practice questions
did you learn from your mistakes
did you actually understand the concepts
did you take breaks inbetween study periods
were you actually paying attention when you were 'studying'

all things you should ask yourself

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
And it's Circle Geometry - you either see it or you don't most of the time.

Autonomatic

HSC
N/A
yes, title explains it.

Don't worry to much, after all it is only yr 11 and doesn't really contribute your ATAR. This is a learning process and the mistakes you have made will make you a better student since it is something you can work on. This is a perfect example of something you can use as a drive or motivation for your next tests.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
just noticed this was for prelim lol
cmon who cares
for all of my hsc subjects (on average) my marks were 1.5x higher than in prelim

also
you might not have studied the right way
did you do lots of practice questions
did you learn from your mistakes
did you actually understand the concepts
did you take breaks inbetween study periods
were you actually paying attention when you were 'studying'

all things you should ask yourself
Cmon, this isn't court.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
You're fine, especially seeing as it was obviously a difficult test given the top mark.

It's only a bad state, if you don't learn from this and improve on it. Most people have a topic they might not have an affinity for in maths, personally I find geometry hard (I just don't see it sometimes) so I had to put lots of work in there. Trust when its fine, I had some not so great results in Yr 11 but you just learn in time for Yr 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)