in one sentence: my IP/GP is about... (1 Viewer)

SituationNoir

HSC
Psyched for group now!
It was going really bandly before, but now we've got a concept and we've done a trial performance already, so we just need to polish some things and it'll be finished!
It's called "In myspace, no-one can hear you scream..."

nearlythere...

HSC
IP- Tomorrow When the War Began, basically how the main character Ellie is trying to cope and understand and get her head around everything thats going on.

GP- The way news is more about entertainment than actually giving the facts.

both have actually turned otu better than I expected, so thats good.

hannah3333

HSC
IP: film noir - 50's black and white crime. i kill 3 guys :) lol

GP: the absurdities of life. its awesome. comedy:rofl:

BelTopp

HSC
N/A
IP - a 'larger' girl and he struggles to lose weight as she is taunted by a chocolate cake and scales.

GP - 6 villians gathering to discuss their ten year plans to end the entire world.

feeobee

HSC
IP: coulrophobia - the fear of clowns.

GP: What makes reality tv a reality?

:wave:

SouperGirl121

HSC
Did mine yesterday...what a relief. It changed so many times though. Final product:

IP: "simple girl" has manic urges to steal odd things, like men's trousers, a set of keys, and a baby. (Funny moments, but also very moving towards the end as she remembers her baby was stolen from her.)

GP: Two ex Ronald Macdonald clowns were kicked out of clown school, so they plan to take over the world, selling the McLife to turn people into Mcpuppets. I play the McPuppet, always malfunctioning.

goosiegoo

HSC
Well, GPs are over, but i might as well still say what mine was about.

It was 4 characters from different performance styles (absurdist, theatre of cruelty, commedia del arte and street theatre) that had some how ended up on the same stage together, couldn't get out, and didn't have a director to tell them what to do. On top of that, the absurdist character (me) didn't want any of them to escape, and continued to tell the audience that there was no performance, because it didn't exist. Hehe. Hard to explain, you really just had to see it.

loz8092467

HSC
Hey just wondering if you could tell me more about your gender confusion ip performance.
sounds interesting. Im doing HSC this year and am really keen to find out how you approaced it.
Get back to me please :)

Nightsarah

HSC
Haven't started on the GP yet but my IP is about:
A mentally unstable girl who has kidnapped her now lover in her chaotic struggle of dealing with the lack of a divine presence in her life.
Its sorta funny/quirky/sad.

Chazzz91

HSC
A paranoid new mother whose husband left her on the day of birth.
The funny thing is...it's a comedy...

l@n0

HSC
IP
the contradictions of love and what it means to be "in love"

GP
the glasshouse effect. That everyone can see you so why bother hiding, in regards to contemporary living and how people feel a need to know everything...if that makes sense.

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
IP: lady being given up for lent,

GP: Sweet Or Sour: judging a prostitute on her life expectancies after being chk-chk-boomed and "dying"
For some reason, from that sentence, kinda seems like a mix of Kill Bill and the performance at OnStage last year/this year (last year's HSC, this year's OnStage) of the 5 prostitutes

IP: The fact that anyone can be watching you, spying on you and can reveal secrets at any time (It's promotional design though)

GP: Changing a performance

parawhoree

HSC
haha yeahh i loved that performance "How do you like it, sweet or sour?" lmao.

my ip's gonna be awesome, i can get in to character for that one rather quickly, i love stanislavski, if not for him, we'd still be doing shoddy crap.

your IP sounds really good. good luck, next week on thursday is my examination date :bomb:

NCB619

I Am The Chorus
HSC
I didn't really like that, but we are using it for reason of our sexual innuendo scene in our GP, by saying that they used worse than us by saying "I haven't had anything to eat today except co**"

I thought of doing my IP how it was ages ago, but if I was doing year 12 next year, I would bodge up a monologue out of Lt. Aldo in Inglourious Basterds

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
IP: The idea of death as a performance, showing the lighter side of tragedy.

GP: The comical struggle between men and women in society.

RachaelRae

HSC
IP: Exploration of the power of women through the character Medea

GP: Actor/Audience relationship and finding your "prefect" audience.

yo gabba

HSC
ahah th 5 prostitues at onstage was fukn hilarious! i loved it when that one was talking about losing her shoe in th mud or whatever when they were all sayin there life stories .. the love me tender was awsum too , best individual i seen at onstage by far. unless this guy from my school in yr 12 gets in for next year .. now he is fucking brilliant!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)