In your opinion what is the most important subject? (1 Viewer)

michael1990

HSC
foram said:
Lol, i want to challenge my teachers now too. :D
I always challenge my teachers, ALWAYS!

I must be one of those real pain the arses, that everyone goes, oh please don't challenge me. But most of the time i am right, but sometimes i am wrong. Naturally.

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
foram said:
Lol, try driving without the laws of motion. I think you'll get arrested.
I have no idea what the hell laws of motion is but I still drive without getting arrested. Laws of motion still exist whether you are aware of them or not. Therefore the subject 'physics' isn't as important as you think ;)

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
kurt.physics said:
To be fair, without physics, there would not be cars!!!
And to be fair, without English society would lack communication skills.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
melanieeeee. said:
And to be fair, without English society would lack communication skills.
I beg to differ, what about japan where they speak Japanese? Or in Germany where they speak German, or in France where they speak French or in Russia where they speak Russian???

The only reason why the English language is the most widely spoken language is because English men colonized more and took control in some respects of Australia and other countries and as a result of there colonizations, English is the most widely spoken language.

Just imagine if Japan found America and Australia first and started it off, then the most wide spread language would be Japanese!!!

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
kurt.physics said:
I beg to differ, what about japan where they speak Japanese? Or in Germany where they speak German, or in France where they speak French or in Russia where they speak Russian???

The only reason why the English language is the most widely spoken language is because English men colonized more and took control in some respects of Australia and other countries and as a result of there colonizations, English is the most widely spoken language.

Just imagine if Japan found America and Australia first and started it off, then the most wide spread language would be Japanese!!!
But the fact is in Australia we use English...

Also, the subject 'English' isn't even about the language 'English' in year 12, its about writing essay, composing text etc.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
melanieeeee. said:
But the fact is in Australia we use English...
And we do this because...

melanieeeee. said:
Also, the subject 'English' isn't even about the language 'English' in year 12, its about writing essay, composing text etc.
You can do that in japanese!

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
kurt.physics said:
You can do that in japanese!
You didn't get my point. What you learn in English isn't so much the 'language'. Yes you can do that in Japanese. But what you learn in 'English' (or if you want to replace it 'Japanese') is learning to write essays, composing text etc. which will help you to commuicate better.

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
melanieeeee. said:
we just do, its just they way things work.
I was more so imply one of my previous points as to why we have the english language in Australia, the reason being of course that the english collonized.

melanieeeee. said:
You didn't get my point. What you learn in English isn't so much the 'language'. Yes you can do that in Japanese. But what you learn in 'English' (or if you want to replace it 'Japanese') is learning to write essays, composing text etc. which will help you to commuicate better.
I question why you then value english as the most important subject even though it is quite clearly not important as the same pricipals can arise in 5,000 different languages (therefor writing techniques etc)

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
kurt.physics said:
I was more so imply one of my previous points as to why we have the english language in Australia, the reason being of course that the english collonized.
ok then... i didn't really get the point of that...

EDIT: i do now.... but like ive said so many times it is the skills that you learn in English not the language in itself...

I question why you then value english as the most important subject even though it is quite clearly not important as the same pricipals can arise in 5,000 different languages (therefor writing techniques etc)
Just because the same principles apply doesn't mean that it is less important because of it.

Also if we are talking about subjects you don't learn how to make cars in year 12 physics...

Last edited:

kurt.physics

HSC
N/A
melanieeeee. said:
Just because the same principles apply doesn't mean that it is less important because of it.
Seeing as it is just one out of 5 to 10 thousand different ways of expressing the same thing, i would say, Ah, Yes it does!

melanieeeee.

Banned
HSC
kurt.physics said:
Seeing as it is just one out of 5 to 10 thousand different ways of expressing the same thing, i would say, Ah, Yes it does!
you are still not getting the message... think of English not as a language but as a subject where you learn how to compose texts, write essays etc. ... then even expressing whatever doesn't work without knowing how to compose texts writes essays etc. which is what English is about...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)