Internet @ USYD (1 Viewer)

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
.. yeah, how does it work?

And before you say 'just google it!' I did just google it but I don't really understand. So you can pay $4.40 per month to have unlimited downloads on dialup speed, right? How fast (slow) actually is dialup? I've never had it so I don't even know.

Otherwise, for broadband, it's a 100MB limit and 3.3c for ever MB over that? I'm sure I read somewhere that the src changed it to unlimited internet downloads, but maybe I was hallucinating because it does seem too good to be true and I can't find it anywhere on the website. At home I have a 5GB limit and I use that up in about 3 days haha... but if I just start using the internet for research and stuff, is 100~500MB ish sufficient per month?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
You get 6mb free per day on the wireless network. If you want more it's like 2 cents per MB or some shit, and u gotta have money already on ur prepaid extro account (that's what u use for printing, wireless etc)

HSC
Uni Grad
Find someone who already has internet access, ask to borrow their laptop and install a keylogger, retrieve their internet login details. Enjoy your free internets.

Repeat for unlimited free internets.

jet

Banned
HSC
Starting this year internet access is completely free for students. You just need to have a unikey to be able to join the VPN.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
Starting this year internet access is completely free for students. You just need to have a unikey to be able to join the VPN.
ABOUT BLOODY TIME

unlimited downloads right?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Sweeeeet, this makes me exceedingly happy. So it is unlimited? That's so good.

speedofsound

HSC
great, looks like 2010 hsc graduates at sydney uni are starting at just about the right time. :D

amber44

HSC
Good news about the unlimited net! Can't believe they got rid of Firefox on the computers! Now we can ONLY use stupid IE!

HSC2010

HSC
Can you get the wireless internet on your ipod touch???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)