Interracial relationships (1 Viewer)

HSC
so you dont judge their race but still what they look like???

i know wat u mean i just had to say it.

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
I say that if they're hot, then why not? It really does come down to whether or not you prefer someone who looks Asian or Australia etc.
Calm down people:p

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
lol i came here frm overseaz and i do have standards i consider like culture or family values and stuff but at the end it all comes down to love- if itz dat strong & if u can aggree with the person then nothing else really matters after all its his/her and your life so i think are fine.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Abraham Gorilla said:
Are you serious?

I have a suggestion for you. Go over to Saudi Arabia, or Ethiopia, and demand that they institute "Multiculturalism" and allow a hundred thousand people that are NOT of the race that founded the country, flood into their country each year.

They'd shoot you.

If you survive, go back to an African, Middle Eastern or East Asian nation, and demand that they cater to people of every different race and accomodate to the needs of migrants and refugees that don't speak their native language or are "disadvantaged".

They'd shoot you.

If you survive, protest, and call them all evil "racists".

They'd shoot you.

And yet Australia DOES flood in a hundred thousand odd people each year who are NOT of the race that founded this nation, it IS multicultural, it DOES cater to people who don't speak English or are disadvantaged due to their ethnicity.

How DARE you insult the thousands of men and women who have worked so hard, fought and died in wars and sacrificed so much to make this country as great as it is. Go live in Africa for a few years if you think Australia is so evil and racist.
well comparing it to the extreme other, of course it's incredibly less racist

And yes, Australia is definatley multicultural, full of beautiful people of different races

But other than that, Australia is not full of tolerant people, simply because it's not a utopia, and I assume derrida is still shocked about how much racism is still evident in such a free and tolerant country (or so it should be).

I don't know how the ratio goes in Australia when it comes to racist people, but there are also certain degrees of racism that I stumble on on everyday life. Not all the time, but when it does, it's incredibly surprising to me.

As dreamy and unrealistic as it sounds, most of us surround ourselves with educated and informed people that have similar view or views to us. I too find it shocking and upsetting at how much racism there still is in Australia, whether or not you compare it to any other country.

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
alot of ppl are racist, from all cultures, instead of pointing fingers, just treat everyone the same ure self,

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
Abraham Gorilla said:
A
re you serious?

I have a suggestion for you. Go over to Saudi Arabia, or Ethiopia, and demand that they institute "Multiculturalism" and allow a hundred thousand people that are NOT of the race that founded the country, flood into their country each year.

i think Ethiopia is really suffering too much from poverty and have more important problems to deal with than Fucking Multicultarism .. infact if it helped feed them and give them a better life i bet theyd go for it regardless

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
this thread is getting a bit off topic, its suppose to be about ppl of diff nasho getting together and making babies of mixed nashos.

and there should be more loving.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Abraham Gorilla said:
To say that being anti-racist = being "educated and informed" is somewhat supercilious of you, just because someone does not embrace multiculturalism or interracial dating/breeding does not mean they are uneducated or ignorant. Surely we should all have a right to free speech. Lately this seems to have been restricted to "free speech if you agree with the most popular point of view".
[...]
IMHO scaremongering about racism is completely unproductive and a danger to freedom of speech.
Firstly, you should be aware that we do not actually have a Constitutional right to freedom of speech. Moreover one might say it should be trumped by equality if it encourages discriminatory behaviour. The context of multiculturalism may well be extended to areas in which it would be discriminatory to act based upon such attitudes.

It is like gay people; if you don't like them, you are free to hold that opinion. But the moment you let that opinion dictate your behaviour in a significant context, such as employment choice, you step over the line and are acting unfairly (and in most cases illegally).

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
^this person is probably right, cant go wrong with a 3rd year law student.

Paroissien

HSC
Yeah, but that always happens. People here seem paranoid of anything even slightly racist, or anything that can be manipulated to sound racist

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
Paroissien said:
Yeah, but that always happens. People here seem paranoid of anything even slightly racist, or anything that can be manipulated to sound racist
yeah some ppl seem so sensitive, especially abos.

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Abraham Gorilla said:
Australia does not have a "Bill of Rights" similar to that of the United States because freedoms such as that of speech are deemed to be upheld by common law.
Actually common law is superceded by statute. Ergo, government can set whatever laws they wish that censor or overrule freedom of speech (so long as it does not infringe upon freedom of political communication).

Abraham Gorilla said:
This thread is about dating, not employment. It is not illegal to prefer to date within your own race, as far as I am aware. Now, the topic was changed somewhat by the claim that Australians as a people have strong racist attitudes. The existence of the laws you speak of are proof that we as a nation reject racism in 'significant contexts' such as 'employment choice'.

Therefore certain (and most likely a minority of) individuals being opposed to interracial dating surely cannot mean that as a nation we are overtly racist.
The thread has gone off topic yes. I simply make the point that rejecting multiculturalism encourages inappropriate behaviour in other areas; a slippery slope.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Abraham Gorilla said:
"Racism" is embedded somewhat in human nature, we prefer somewhat to be around those similar to ourselves. The only way to abolish it altogether would be to abolish race by means of interbreeding, which would IMHO be a tragic thing due to the loss of distinct cultures in exchange for one "melting pot".

To say that being anti-racist = being "educated and informed" is somewhat supercilious of you, just because someone does not embrace multiculturalism or interracial dating/breeding does not mean they are uneducated or ignorant. Surely we should all have a right to free speech. Lately this seems to have been restricted to "free speech if you agree with the most popular point of view".

Also it's funny you should mention "educated" people, because it seems to me that our intellectuals and academics are the ones who are most certain that the Australian people are so racist. This idea is explained more clearly by these pages:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11476971%5E25717,00.html
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,11548935%5E25717,00.html

This country is free enough that you can be in love with whomever you like. Even when one dates within one's own race, it is not likely that everyone in the world will approve of the relationship. Social class and other factors can cause disapprovial, unrelated to race.

IMHO scaremongering about racism is completely unproductive and a danger to freedom of speech.
*rolls eyes*

notice
how
i
said
it
was
unrealistic, and very utopian if racism didn't occur in Australia? I'm saying that can't deny that Australia isn't free of racism, it can never be, really, so, you've kinda missed my point slightly, but good work :)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
I have no probs with interracial relationships, my only dispreferance is dark skinned chicks they do nothing for me

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Korn said:
I have no probs with interracial relationships, my only dispreferance is dark skinned chicks they do nothing for me
wow.

this whole tan, fake-tan trend must piss you off ay

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
wow.

this whole tan, fake-tan trend must piss you off ay
Sort of, well i prefer non tanned chicks, plus its healthier; no skin cancer and less wrinkles wehn older

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)