Investment Banking Internships 2008 (1 Viewer)

pete_mate

HSC
just got an interview for risk management at macquarie.

Now i instantly regret not applying for equities. I suppose you can transfer internally or whatever, its not like its back offic/operations.

Also, i'm going on holiday to america next week, the 1st round is veery late for it...

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
If we apply for Mac, we get a preference were we work but not a choice because they allocate you to what your most suited for?

Rorix

HSC
Ralph, yep, pretty much. Of course if you preference some of the less popular groups (e.g. IBF, ECM, etc.) you'd stand a much greater chance if going where you want to go.

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
so why are first round interviews with your first preference?

peanutbolt

~Cold
HSC
Ralph said:
If we apply for Mac, we get a preference were we work but not a choice because they allocate you to what your most suited for?
did the psych test today >.< not happy jan- it wasn't easy (time-wise) :S

yeh with macq u have to try and convince them in ure final interview of why u want to be in a particular team, but ultimate decision is upto them.

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
peanutbolt said:
did the psych test today >.< not happy jan- it wasn't easy (time-wise) :S

yeh with macq u have to try and convince them in ure final interview of why u want to be in a particular team, but ultimate decision is upto them.
I had the test on tuesday, I wasn't happy Jan either mate, I only felt somewhat confident with the numerical.

peanutbolt

~Cold
HSC
Ralph said:
I had the test on tuesday, I wasn't happy Jan either mate, I only felt somewhat confident with the numerical.
yeh exactly, lets hope we get called in for final round (did you get called btw?)
some of the people who had applied everywhere and done psych tests got same questions and didn't even have to think for some questions (esp abstract reasoning)

spontaneous

HSC
anyone else get this email?

Congratulations on your success in progressing to a first round interview for Macquarie's 2008/2009 Summer Vacation Program. You would have recently received an email advising you of how to book into your first interview and next steps.

Please note that there has been a slight change to the interview process. Those candidates who are successful in progressing past the first round interview will undertake a second round interview prior to assessment, rather than undertaking an assessment immediately following the first round interview as indicated in our previous email. You will no longer need to keep extra time available to sit an assessment in the 24 hours directly proceeeding your interview.

Apologies for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused, please contact our Graduate Team if you have any questions.

Kind regards
Macquarie Group of Companies

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
spontaneous said:
anyone else get this email?

Congratulations on your success in progressing to a first round interview for Macquarie's 2008/2009 Summer Vacation Program. You would have recently received an email advising you of how to book into your first interview and next steps.

Please note that there has been a slight change to the interview process. Those candidates who are successful in progressing past the first round interview will undertake a second round interview prior to assessment, rather than undertaking an assessment immediately following the first round interview as indicated in our previous email. You will no longer need to keep extra time available to sit an assessment in the 24 hours directly proceeeding your interview.

Apologies for any inconvenience or confusion this may have caused, please contact our Graduate Team if you have any questions.

Kind regards
Macquarie Group of Companies

No i didn't get this e-mail. What division was this for? and when did you receive this email?

wah

HSC
N/A
congrats to all who received macq offers for IB :)

pete_mate

HSC
For macquarie i was able to book an assessment whenever i wanted.

I only interviewed today, but i put my assessment date like 2 weeks from now, i hope they don't get annoyed by this, but i'll be in america for 2 weeks so.. meh,

but apparently the risk management application process is quite slow.

MasterPUA

HSC
Affinity said:
wht did they ask you?
I have listed on my resume that my first job was at a local comedy club. The interviewer seemed to really like that and she asked me "tell me a joke that is neither racist nor sexist".

I couldn't think of anything on the spot. 99% of my material is racist or sexist. I ended up asking"why did the chicken cross the road?". FUCK.

They also asked me an easy question about the time value of an American put. I have LECTURED a course on options at a G8 university and I couldn't recall the answer under pressure. I tried getting the answer by working through systematically but I fucked that too. FUCK.

I wasn't nervous in any of my interviews except for GS. This sucks.

3li

HSC
N/A
lol how random

at 2:30 on a saturday
abn amro sends rejections

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)