• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

IPL-Cricket (1 Viewer)

AnandDNA

HSC
The IPL is starting in a few days
Post your thoughts and who you think will win
Some people have told me that it is only going to be shown on TEN HD i hope thats not true.

So post your thoughts bout the whole IPL season :uhhuh:

Muz4PM

HSC
I saw in my local guide that it will be broadcast on Channel 10, not Ten HD. However, I could be incorrect.

To be honest, I have no idea who will win, I don't know who is playing for which team and all the rest of that stuff. As a cricket fan I will watch it, and hopefully enjoy some good games. I wonder if Symonds will be worth the investment his team put in him, no doubt he will be.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
it is prioritiSe, you yank.

i really don't care which team wins, i just want to see some good games and good one-on-one contests which we'd never see. great bowlers and great batsmen going at it in a small time frame, gold.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
not interested. The main attraction to sport is that its either a club verse club each with a rich history, or country verse country.

Watching a mish mash of international players playing under indian city names in india sounds pretty lame to me. The only reason they are playing for is money, nothing is really to win or gain, unlike internationals.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
blakegman said:
Watching a mish mash of international players playing under indian city names in india sounds pretty lame to me. The only reason they are playing for is money, nothing is really to win or gain, unlike internationals.
This is the future of cricket. get used to it mate.

and what have you got against Indian City Names?

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
It'll probably be both Ten and TenHD (with the latter being High Def and with Dolby Digital sound. Maybe.). Naturally, I'll be watching the HD version.

It's one of those things that really isn't cricket but I think will be fun to watch anyway.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
Ten they will show it live. Ten HD is for replays and when the IPL interferes with coverage of the AFL.

mounica

HSC
Watching a mish mash of international players playing under indian city names in india sounds pretty lame to me. The only reason they are playing for is money, nothing is really to win or gain, unlike internationals.??

excusee me buhh. wah u got against indian city names?
& btww. if u think itss lamee. no onee gives. keep it to urself =)

Last edited:

blakegman

HSC
N/A
mounica said:
excusee me buhh. wah u got against indian city names?
& btww. if u think itss lamee. no onee gives. keep it to urself =)
Well apparantly they do because this is an IPL-Cricket thread not an IPL-Cricket (only for fans) thread. The whople point of this thread was to promote discussion on the IPL. clearly you missed that.

And what have i got against indian city names ? Ummm maybe the fact that they are umm Indian city names even though most of the players arent from the city nor even india. What happens if Calcutta or some other shit city wins the IPL, Who really cares in the team? probably none of them except the very few locally born players.

p.s most indian city's are shit btw. Doesn't necessarily mean the people are though.

oh btw if you think im lame, no one gives, keep it to urself =) . See what i did there?

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
blakegman said:
Well apparantly they do because this is an IPL-Cricket thread not an IPL-Cricket (only for fans) thread. The whople point of this thread was to promote discussion on the IPL. clearly you missed that.

And what have i got against indian city names ? Ummm maybe the fact that they are umm Indian city names even though most of the players arent from the city nor even india. What happens if Calcutta or some other shit city wins the IPL, Who really cares in the team? probably none of them except the very few locally born players.

p.s most indian city's are shit btw. Doesn't necessarily mean the people are though.

oh btw if you think im lame, no one gives, keep it to urself =) . See what i did there?
Its not about the city, its about the club. think about soccer. how many actually british players play in the english premierleague? Players play for their club.

Dude have you ever been to india? Do you even have a right to judge the city names? Or insult them? Dude wtf Kolkata a Shit city??? Kolkata or any other indian city has more history and meaning than any city u hail from. argghh ppl like you are the reason there is such a rift between indian and australian cricket.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
siddharthlaha said:
Its not about the city, its about the club. think about soccer. how many actually british players play in the english premierleague? Players play for their club.

Dude have you ever been to india? Do you even have a right to judge the city names? Or insult them? Dude wtf Kolkata a Shit city??? Kolkata or any other indian city has more history and meaning than any city u hail from. argghh ppl like you are the reason there is such a rift between indian and australian cricket.
Can't compare IPL to EPL. EPL clubs have historys of over a 100 years. IPL has 0. In soccer is it common practice to buy foreign players. In cricket it is a new untested concept.

Have i ever been to india? i know that 26 per cent of Indians live below the poverty line. Does that sound like a fucking good place to live to you ?

Who the fuck gives a shit about a country's history if it is a shithole? i have never been to kolkata, maybe it's a nice place however i don';t think it matters, my point was there are a lot of shit poverty stricken areas in india. Im sure some places are nice.

These is a rift between australian and indian cricket because
A) both teams are full of arrogant cunts
B) the ICC is practicully run by india because that is where the money is, and these indian officials are prone to bad judgement and just being allround faggots.

You have fucking clearly missed the point i tried to make. It's not about the city's or the city names, its about the fact the teams don't represent the city.

Muz4PM

HSC
blakegman said:
I agree to an extent. I think this tournament means more to the fringe players such as people like David Hussey. It would give these people another chance, on the world stage to prove themsleves against almost international attacks and how valuble they would be for their respective countries.

I agree that it probably will not mean the same for the international players as playing for their nation or state, but as they are professionals I am sure they will play to the best of their ability. I am sure they will strive to play well, so if there is another tournament like this, they can attract more money and maybe international selection, as i mentioned above.

I am sure that winning and losing will mean alot to the Indian fans who will follow their home/favoured towns and cities. However, as an international viewer, I just want to watch some good cricket, with no real vested interest.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
blakegman said:
Can't compare IPL to EPL. EPL clubs have historys of over a 100 years. IPL has 0. In soccer is it common practice to buy foreign players. In cricket it is a new untested concept.

Have i ever been to india? i know that 26 per cent of Indians live below the poverty line. Does that sound like a fucking good place to live to you ?

Who the fuck gives a shit about a country's history if it is a shithole? i have never been to kolkata, maybe it's a nice place however i don';t think it matters, my point was there are a lot of shit poverty stricken areas in india. Im sure some places are nice.

These is a rift between australian and indian cricket because
A) both teams are full of arrogant cunts
B) the ICC is practicully run by india because that is where the money is, and these indian officials are prone to bad judgement and just being allround faggots.

You have fucking clearly missed the point i tried to make. It's not about the city's or the city names, its about the fact the teams don't represent the city.
HOw dare you call India a "shit hole" i cant belive you!! you are nothing less than a racist!!!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
siddharthlaha said:
HOw dare you call India a "shit hole" i cant belive you!! you are nothing less than a racist!!!
Poverty: 26-27%
Population: 1,129,866,154

305,063,861 Indians probably disagree with you.

do you even know what racist means ?

I happen to have some Iraqi friends, but Iraq is still shit a shit place to live isn't it ?

Come back when you aren't as dumb as fuck

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
blakegman said:
Come back when you aren't as dumb as fuck
lol "dude dumb as a F**k"? your calling me stupid when u called me "dumb as a f**k"? how the hell can you be dumb as a F**k??? :p

sure india isnt the greatest place to live. but i think calling it a shit hole on a public forum is wrong. especially when you perspective of it is coming from a secondary or tertiary source. and yes that does make you a racist, you should understand what that is before you talk to ppl that u dont even know like this.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
siddharthlaha said:
lol "dude dumb as a F**k"? your calling me stupid when u called me "dumb as a f**k"? how the hell can you be dumb as a F**k??? :p

sure india isnt the greatest place to live. but i think calling it a shit hole on a public forum is wrong. especially when you perspective of it is coming from a secondary or tertiary source. and yes that does make you a racist, you should understand what that is before you talk to ppl that u dont even know like this.
It's a fucking saying mate. How clueless are you? i'm not one to brag but i can already guarantee from reading your posts that i am smarter then you. Which isn't saying much really.

Racism: a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others.

Find me a time where i fucking said that my race or any other race is superior to the Indian race. I never said Indians were shit i said parts of India were shit. Like yourself.

What are you, fresh off the boat or something ?

You're coming across as a half-wit.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
At blakegman:
Mate there is no way you are smarter than me. Your just a ignorant beer drinking bogan that has no knowledge of the world outside of his television screen.

And i reckon we should stop this. this is a IPL thread after all.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
siddharthlaha said:
At blakegman:
Mate there is no way you are smarter than me. Your just a ignorant beer drinking bogan that has no knowledge of the world outside of his television screen.
Says the person who doesn't even know what the word racist means and has trouble comprehending a simple argument. You assume because im Australian i'm a beer drinking bogan who has no knowledge outside of the media?

That's the most racist thing that's been said in this entire thread, you're a hypocrite.

I can tell by your posts either english isn't your first language or you are just thick as fuck. Have fun trying to reach your 97-98 uai aim, im sure you will breeze through standard english.

siddharthlaha

HSC
Uni Grad
blakegman said:
Says the person who doesn't even know what the word racist means and has trouble comprehending a simple argument. You assume because im Australian i'm a beer drinking bogan who has no knowledge outside of the media?

That's the most racist thing that's been said in this entire thread, you're a hypocrite.

I can tell by your posts either english isn't your first language or you are just thick as fuck. Have fun trying to reach your 97-98 uai aim, im sure you will breeze through standard english.
Mate your not a bogan cause ur australian, I can tell by your continuous swearing what kind of person you are. 90% of my friends are australian!.

And once you say a country is bad, you are looking down on its people. I dont hear you saying anything about Australia?

An mate ive lived in australia all my life (born and bred), so im just as Australian as you are.

And i will get to my UAI aim. I dont do standard english, I do advanced.

Show some respect cause u'll be shining my shoes one day.

ps and at least i have the decency to try and resolve the arguement. like i said before, stop this fight and we'll agree to disagree.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)