ipod - worth it? (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
IamaFloorMat said:
ic .. thats interesting.. i guess its not too bad unless you dont want to listen to a particular song.... (of course then it probably shouldnt be on the ipod in the first place)...
what you can do is plug it in and it randomly selects a whole bunch of songs to put on your ipod..... so you then take it out and have no idea whats gonna play next..... i think the main idea behind it is that you can plug it into your computer every morning before work/school whatever and do that every day

......or something

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
IamaFloorMat said:
Guys

im interested in this "Ipod Shuffle 512MB""

what on earth is it ? is it an addon for an ipod , or is it an actual new ipod which can only play songs in shuffle?? Its at a good price too

but can it only play songs in a shuffle ... like lol you cant even control it ??? thats kind of ..................
........... wierd..............

yeh you can control it, by just turning shuffle mode off.

Ive already ordered by 1gig shuffle ... damn its taking too long .

lil_star

Longing for IT!
HSC
could we get student discount for digi cameras? if so, what stores give those discounts/?

gem_max

HSC
I'd just like to take this opportunity to say I love my iPod and if my flat was burning down it'd be the first thing I'd save. Comes in handy too being cross platform and all when you consider that my teaching degree requires that I use both macs and windows computers. Thanks for listening!

banno

HSC
ipod shuffle

most of the phenomenon of the ipod was the huge storage space, people were amazed at the ammount of songs you could store on it and then, they bring out the ipod shuffle, with a much smaller size limit yet people are doing everything to get their hands on one, why not just get a normal mp3 player?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
cause ipods became a fashion accessory
and also the ipod shuffle is really easy and simple to use onlike these 80 buck ones u get from strathfield

Bone577

HSC
N/A
banno said:
most of the phenomenon of the ipod was the huge storage space, people were amazed at the ammount of songs you could store on it and then, they bring out the ipod shuffle, with a much smaller size limit yet people are doing everything to get their hands on one, why not just get a normal mp3 player?

I wouldn't say iPods capacity is what made it popular. Creative Nomads have been around for AGES, at least 5 years, and they held laptop HDD's from memory.
No, innovation isn't what made it popular, it was one of the best damn marketing/publicity crews ever to walk the earth.

As for the shuffle, I just don't know. It is little more than a glorfied "random" setting, hardly worth the effort.

gem_max

HSC
banno said:
Mmm I know what you mean. Ive recommended the iRiver or Creative muvo for my dad as he's looking at investing in the high capacity, mp3/ portable storage world. In my case I got the iPod before the craze had hit my area and as I said it was chosen above the other options for the simple fact that its cross platform. Ive got a 15GB one. I dont think you can get them anywhere now right?

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
that new ipod shuffle doesn't sound much better than the original ipod. sure its cheaper and smaller, but the ipod has bigger memory and more features. i love my 20g ipod soooo much.. currently on 1500 songs and growing...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Annegelic said:
that new ipod shuffle doesn't sound much better than the original ipod. sure its cheaper and smaller, but the ipod has bigger memory and more features. i love my 20g ipod soooo much.. currently on 1500 songs and growing...
It's not supposed to be better, it fulfils a different role entirely.

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
oh. ok then. i thought it was supposed to be the newer version of iPod.. or something.

woodsier

bleh
HSC
N/A
I went with the 20gb, however i'd prefer the 40gb. I do have 28 gigs of music on my computer, yet i only store 12 gigs of my favourite on my ipod. The rest, however, i find useful.

1. At School you can keep all your school files on the ipod, and plug it in to any computers to save your files or print files from home.
2. If you want games from internet cafe's or like to store apps they're good.
3. If your home network is down and you want to transfer things from one computer to another it's very neat. Especially if you don't have a USB key or you find that your files are too big. Also saves DVD/CD burning.

supercharged

HSC
N/A
Well in light of current developments i would just go with the ipod mini since it has better battery life than the regular ipod or else just pay a little bit extra and go for the ipod photo (they reduced the price since launch) if you need the extra capacity, no point in the regular ipod :)

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
If you didnt know already, apple have recently released a 6gb iPod mini. The 4gb is also still avaliable. The 6gb model is about $60 more than the 4gb.
You may also want to know that iPods no longer ship with firewire cables (I think it applies to Australia.. I'm assuming so). If you want to use firewire, you'll have to buy the additional cord seperately. You may be able to still snap up one still with a firewire cable though.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
they also don't ship with wall chargers now.......... gotta charge them thru ur computer is what i heard....
that's bloody ridiculous

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The mini's ship with firewire, usb, wall and headphones and belt holder :)

0Jade0

HSC
Everyone at school is obsessed with ipods.... I'm happy with my Creative Mp3 it holds 8,000 songs and still works after being dropped numerous times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)