Is anyone else over the HSC? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

benilic

HSC
oh hell yes. seriously motivation for trials atm is zero! Whether it is because i know my stuff well enough or not we shall see.. then again all exams appear to be the ability to recall memory, not use of one's intelligence that matters to the HSC. formulaic and repetitive.

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC
there is not even a word in the english language to describe exactly how over the hsc i am

its 2.a.m and im still up trying to memorise my essays for paper 2 trial and i am exhausted

but sleep is for the weak

collide

HSC
cucum3rs said:
there is not even a word in the english language to describe exactly how over the hsc i am

its 2.a.m and im still up trying to memorise my essays for paper 2 trial and i am exhausted

but sleep is for the weak
im still up cramming for my eco exam tomorrow. i basically feel like i know nothing still yay..

then after my exam im gonna have to do another related text for frontline and try to memorise all three essays somehow for paper 2 on wednesday. arghh.

soo sleep deprived.

wish the hsc was over now.

cucum3rs

Queen Of The World
HSC
i feel for you love!

my best advice to you is to prerecord all of your essays and try listening to them while you type them out ... im not sure if theres really any logic behind the method ... but i learnt a whole essay in about an hour

sleep is for the weak...

well an hour after saying that ive decided that the strong are ugly

no sleep and all work makes cucum3rs an ugly kid :bomb:

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
lol i think its gotten to the point where its nothing new and sheer lazyness has just taken over me
year 12 isnt stressful its boring! :p

Ukui

HSC
LOL i think every single person who does the HSC gets to the Screw it stage.. but all in all everyone still studies cause they want something in life.
Like for eg. i started studying a week before the trials cause i know my IT trail exam counted for 100% stupid Teachers and VET courses but still like everyone gets to the stage were they are ready to go home and stay there and quit the HSC but unless you see fit that you dont need the HSC then you wont do anything about it cept start studying and live it through.

Peace!

N

noir.

cucum3rs said:
i feel for you love!

my best advice to you is to prerecord all of your essays and try listening to them while you type them out ... im not sure if theres really any logic behind the method ... but i learnt a whole essay in about an hour
I agree with you there. its a good way to record your notes by voice or transfer your typed ones to an ipod or some gadget like that. great way to learn lines for drama too :p

flic07

HSC
N/A
thats SO true.. i have no idea what i want to do after the HSC and have nothing to work towards, so i have basically NO motvation! if i totally suck, then im sure theres pleanty of great things to do at tafe! and heaps of those courses can get you into uni too!

the HSC is making me lose all my funness!! grrr....... but hopefully schoolies will make up for that. :D:D:D

murphj

HSC
My short story for english was pretty crap I think. It was about some young aspiring motorbike rider who crashes and is confined to a wheelchair for life. Then he goes up the coast entirely on his wheelchair to raise money and awareness for victims of road tragedies. lol

I dunno, hopefully it was ok - it was only 1.5 pages though.

What did everyone else write about? My section 3 was better i think, but still only 2.5 pages

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
i wrote lyk 9 pages for section 3 and about 4 for section 2.
my storyline was soo crappy lol.
i spoke about my sister and i going on a pilgrimage to the vatican and how our perceptions differed in that myn was more spiritual :S
hopefully all is well!

Ahmed A

[JLS.MCH]
HSC
lmaoo!
oups i shuddn b laughn :(
the reading response i think was too simple in the CSSA. making us refer to only one text...
still, it saved me about 15 mins which came in quite handy :idea:

murphj

HSC
I think my three worst exams (the 2 english ones and modern history) are in the first week - but then again I don't really know til the results come out. Next week is general maths, business and legal (ugh).

Definitely not looking forward to three hours of modern history in the afternoon :(

richey

HSC
Im really not looking 4ward to the Physics exam next thursday!

jenstheshiznit

HSC
try running out of time....woah man i can never finish the english exam..i think i write too slowly...i had like 15 mins for section 2...not cool...

had business today tho...wrote sooo much, and my worst two 2moro :( hsc sucks !

Russdog

russell
HSC
Beege said:
how does that relate to journeys?
how doesn't it? the whole story was about his inability to make it from the yard where the kids were tormenting him, to the top of the tree which was the only safe place in the yard, yet he managed to make it (although I didn't have time for a conclusion). for the kids, it was just a game. to the little kitten, it was a matter of life or death.

fkn pwnaggge imho.

edit: ok. it's not really a journey, the top of a tree. but for a cat it'd be a bit of a fuckin' trek..

campbellleo

Idyllic Ballina: It's enough to make you rather si
HSC
sorry if i'm breaking the thread of the conversation a little here, but for anyone else who is stressing out, and who doesn't have a specific goal (as in, they are applying for university next year, and that is all they want to do), just don't.

i think that almost all of the important, interesting people in the world would do horribly at the HSC, because listening to every banal word that your teachers say and spending your days studying instead of experiencing life has never, ever been a positive character trait.

i don't mean to insult anyone who is working toward a goal - if that is what you want, i salute you. but in all honesty, i am sceptical of anyone who says they know what they want at this age and stage of their life.

if you examine your vague career aspirations, please, take money out of the equation at least. nobody was every happy from having money. i just got back from a holiday to thailand (in the middle of my HSC year! woohoo!) and those dirt-poor kids are happier than any i have ever seen in australia.

and even if you have a fairly good idea of what you want, or you want to keep you options open, remember two things. number one: going straight into uni before you experience at least some part of the world outside of school is NEVER a good thing. number two: this is supposed to be the best part of your life.

the teachers and parents tell you that you have to study and work, so you can be successful in later life. what-the-fuck-ever! from now on, whoever tells you that study got them where they were, take a step back and see if they are even happy where they are. i know half my teachers aren't, and the few who are happy are telling me 'stay the fuck out of university for a while'.

i mean, there is so, so, so much more to life than material success. i find it so ironic we can be studying poets like Coleridge, and being told to memorise, learn that, study this, prepare that, but all the time we are ignoring the biggest joke: we are inside doing this when Coleridge is screaming at us how pointless it is! he is telling us to imagine, to think, to live, not to memorise...

it really is horrible the way the education system is set up. i say, almost anyone who is actually pursuing something real in life would be fairly relaxed about this exams. i mean, they are so arbitrary: they dont measure someone's worth, just their willingness to sacrifice their time for something that is very close to useless. screwed if i want to win THAT category.

phew! rantage. well, i have english paper two trial tomorrow, so i guess i should... study, or something? ;)

interested to hear your views...

Last edited:

traptj

HSC
lol i give up stupid trials i tried to do the bio and chem papers from last year and i just figured out i done nethin lol meh suckss:burn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)