Is anyone suffering from sleep depravation? (1 Viewer)

Sofstar

HSC
I went to sleep at 9:30pm last night. 9 hours of sleep! Win!. But i woke up twice throughout the night.

I'm not THAT sleep deprived. 7ish hours is enough for me.

IceOnFire

HSC
m0ofin said:
If you don't feel like it's sufficient, try to fit in some afternoon naps, although they do make you feel somewhat more tired after waking.
After afternoon naps, I can't sleep at night, which makes me more tired in the morning.

Also from experience, they kind of waste time, which means there is limited time to get all your work and studies done.

Bel_T

HSC
nichhhole said:
You know that thing when u hear a bell/ringing in your ears?
thats some syndrome that starts with 'TS' something and it's a sign that ur sleep deprived.. [or so my tutor told me..]
really? =/ the other day in class I heard this weird high pitched beeping noise, but my friend next to me couldn't hear it...I thought it was either I have exceptionally good hearing, or I'm going mental, but I guess being sleep deprived is a new option ><
I get around 6-7 hours sleep on weekdays and I still tend to fall asleep in class ._.
I take afternoon naps, but then I sleep later at night, and the cycle goes on...

HSC
-Bel- said:
really? =/ the other day in class I heard this weird high pitched beeping noise, but my friend next to me couldn't hear it...I thought it was either I have exceptionally good hearing, or I'm going mental, but I guess being sleep deprived is a new option ><
I get around 6-7 hours sleep on weekdays and I still tend to fall asleep in class ._.
I take afternoon naps, but then I sleep later at night, and the cycle goes on...
Might have been the 'ultrasonic ringtone' that they have been plugging on TV.

I personally can't hear it because I am amazingly deaf.

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
oh i cant hear that ringtone either lol .. and my friend had the phone on the highest volume. -_-"

yeah , i sleep around 12-12:30 and wake at 6:15. around 6hrs for me then ? like ... i dont wake up incredibly tired or anything , but it really kicks in around 6pm. dont get ne sleep on the wkends either , tutors are pretty early in the morning. >< !

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
yeah , i sleep around 12-12:30 and wake at 6:15. around 6hrs for me then ? like ... i dont wake up incredibly tired or anything , but it really kicks in around 6pm. dont get ne sleep on the wkends either , tutors are pretty early in the morning. >< !

hung you are a loser, who wakes up THAT early? :D
i sleep at around 1, sometimes 2 and wake up (barely) and 7:45am so thats not enough sleep i know, and right now i'm feeling it, i feel like i'm gonna just collapse. Mostly its fine, but add in the stress of assessments ( like today i had 2) and then i'm just exhausted.

~untitled~

HSC
Shotgun Wedding said:
Might have been the 'ultrasonic ringtone' that they have been plugging on TV.

I personally can't hear it because I am amazingly deaf.
Lol, same here. Someones phone with the siilent ringtone went off in half yearlys. I just kept working and didnt even realise, until the exam was finished and everyone was talking about it, haha.

HSC
~untitled~ said:
Lol, same here. Someones phone with the siilent ringtone went off in half yearlys. I just kept working and didnt even realise, until the exam was finished and everyone was talking about it, haha.
Guess who got a message halfway through his software half yearly when he forgot to put his phone on silent....

~untitled~

HSC
Shotgun Wedding said:
Guess who got a message halfway through his software half yearly when he forgot to put his phone on silent....
Lol, it couldnt have possibly been you, haha. I have a fear of that happening, so i leave my phone turned off in my bag in foyer of the hall. Coz our school gets external supervisors for all our exams, they go psycho about phones going off... Theyre nice to us , but just are scary when phones ring.

tilda-lou

HSC
try not being able to sleep and still being awake most mornings till 4 then sleeping till 6 or 6-30 then going to skool and then working till 6-30 and then home , eat, study, and stuff then repeat the process, sometimes i dont sleep at all unless i take herbal sleep assistance tablets.
i cant help it

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
tilda-lou said:
try not being able to sleep and still being awake most mornings till 4 then sleeping till 6 or 6-30 then going to skool and then working till 6-30 and then home , eat, study, and stuff then repeat the process, sometimes i dont sleep at all unless i take herbal sleep assistance tablets.
i cant help it
god that sounds horrible ><"
dw HSC's guna be all over in 6 months.

vicodin-romance

HSC
I get about ten hours.
This is because I don't study for every minute of the day lol.

You're supposed to get an average of 8 - 10 hours a night.:bomb: <--- bahaha how funny is that emoticon

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
vicodin-romance said:
I get about ten hours.
This is because I don't study for every minute of the day lol.

You're supposed to get an average of 8 - 10 hours a night.:bomb: <--- bahaha how funny is that emoticon
haha awww 10 ?
i miss that number

~untitled~

HSC
i only got 1 hour last night.... but of my teachers said that drinking energy drinks is good because it increases concentration, and that we should be drinking them before exams...

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
nichhhole said:
You know that thing when u hear a bell/ringing in your ears?
thats some syndrome that starts with 'TS' something and it's a sign that ur sleep deprived.. [or so my tutor told me..]

*crouches in corner,assumes foetal position clasping ears in hand, 'won't the fucking ringingggggggggg stoP!'*

:)!
Your tutor's probably talking about Tinnitus. It isn't really caused by a lack of sleep but rather, one too many rock concerts.

~untitled~

HSC
Hmm, the hsc seems to be having the same effect on one of my friends mathematical abilities. One day just jokingly i asked her what 1+1 equalled, and she said 1. The sad part is is she was actully serious, haha!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)