Is anyone suffering from sleep depravation? (2 Viewers)

nicole21290

HSC
I'm pretty happy with how much sleep I get. I generally go to bed about 12 then sleep til 6:30. I sleep into about 9 on Saturday and 8 on Sunday, and also have a sleep Sunday arvo for a few hours (I never do any work on Sundays so it's not like I'm wasting good study time!) This is pretty regular except the night before assessments when I usually get to bed around 12 and get up at 3 or 4.

A few nights in a row of this are okay but more than that just makes me uncomprehensible when I speak. I have to drag my body out of bed. Like one week when I had an assessment and I had two hours sleep then the next night I had three and two nights after that I only got 5. I don't remember the weekend that followed cos I nearly slept through the whole thing! :)

goosiegoo

HSC
~untitled~ said:
Hmm, the hsc seems to be having the same effect on one of my friends mathematical abilities. One day just jokingly i asked her what 1+1 equalled, and she said 1. The sad part is is she was actully serious, haha!
Haha! The HSC is taking away my ability to speak properly, or really hear anything anyone says. A girl at the counter in the newsagent asked me if i wanted anything else and i said 'good thanks how are you'.

~untitled~

HSC
goosiegoo said:
Haha! The HSC is taking away my ability to speak properly, or really hear anything anyone says. A girl at the counter in the newsagent asked me if i wanted anything else and i said 'good thanks how are you'.
Aparently gum helps your hearing abilities? Im slightly sceptical though... but gum is gross anyways, id rather just not hear anything

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
~untitled~ said:
but gum is gross anyways, id rather just not hear anything
Your priorities seem to be a little skewed, I'm afraid.

Chinmoku03

Ippen, Shin de Miru?
HSC
Eh... I get an average of 4h sleep during weekdays >.>; Sleep around 2 usually and wake up at half past 6 and I'm surviving. I usually catch up on sleep during weekends. I think it's usually from 2 til 10.

I think the recommended amount of sleep for people our age is 7~8h

HSC
I've said it before in this thread guys, but go to bed one or two hours earlier and notice how much better you feel. It's insane.

goosiegoo

HSC
Musk said:
u think it gets better at uni?

it doesnt :rofl:
Really? Most people i know who go to uni sleep for like 10 hours a day. Haha. And they're not failing or anything.

bringbackshred

I AM ANGRY.
HSC
or B Aeronautical Engineering.

(Yes, I'm obsessed with that degree)

Shadowulf

HSC
m0ofin said:
If you don't feel like it's sufficient, try to fit in some afternoon naps, although they do make you feel somewhat more tired after waking.
lol the last time i took a nap.. well not afternoon nap coz i got home around 6, took shower, ate dinner, looked at a few pieces of work
and at about 7 i was gonna take a "short" nap and then continue working till 10:30 or so, except, i guess i was pretty damn tired, coz i woke up from my nap at 11, and thought
"oh man its bed time" so i fell asleep again and toke up at 7 in the morning
but man that was the first time ever i didnt fall asleep on the train to school, and i found it very hard to feel tired at school ahaha
sleep is great =P

tlodg

HSC
N/A
goosiegoo said:
Really? Most people i know who go to uni sleep for like 10 hours a day. Haha. And they're not failing or anything.
maybe because it's their first semester and the exams aren't over yet?

Last edited:

dukey

HSC
Sleep at 8pm.. wake up at 3-4am

Works for me.

Killing me slowly though :p

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
tilda-lou said:
try not being able to sleep and still being awake most mornings till 4 then sleeping till 6 or 6-30 then going to skool and then working till 6-30 and then home , eat, study, and stuff then repeat the process, sometimes i dont sleep at all unless i take herbal sleep assistance tablets.
i cant help it
first post in a long time, so bored tonight that I decided to visit BOS and see how everythings been going lmao, especially since I don't have MSN right now (ask SoulSearcher, usually I'm always on lmao)

anyways tilda-lou, that's really bad, sounded sort of like me during my HSC except I didnt take tablets or work (coz of my incredible laziness) but I had an incredibly messed up sleeping pattern as well similar to yours and it's really screwy, but you can't help it :( just keep truckin soldier.. lmao nah have you visited a doc yet? I never did so I was stuck with chronic insomnia the whole HSC.

Boxxxhead

Local hairy ethnic man
HSC
goosiegoo said:
lmao wow, I sleep about 4 hours on weekdays right now, just because if I go bed before 2am or something, I won't sleep the whole night. It explains why I look 21 when I'm 17 lol (as people tell me)

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
dukey said:
Sleep at 8pm.. wake up at 3-4am

Works for me.

Killing me slowly though :p
A classmate of mine does something similar. Sleep at 6-7pm and wake at 2am to get her h/w done. It works for her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)