Is Dux College better than PEAK? (1 Viewer)

Leo18032003

HSC
Hello everyone! I really wanted to go tutoring for Physics and Chemistry at the end October this year (I'm in year 11) and I would prefer to go to an affordable tutoring.

However, I am more willing to sacrifice the price for quality tutoring resources.

Can anyone please share me some tips about the topic??? Greatly appreciate the opinions!!!

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello everyone! I really wanted to go tutoring for Physics and Chemistry at the end October this year (I'm in year 11) and I would prefer to go to an affordable tutoring.

However, I am more willing to sacrifice the price for quality tutoring resources.

Can anyone please share me some tips about the topic??? Greatly appreciate the opinions!!!
Well I've never heard of PEAK all my life but I've heard of DUX many times and many people say it's good. I guess that counts for something.

Infntie

HSC
Disclosure: I do not work for PEAK as I am clearly a private tutor.

I can only speak for PEAK science because that is where I went for Physics and Chemistry tutoring from 2012-2013.

Personally I think it represents great value for students who are already self-motivated and disciplined. This because it was relatively inexpensive ($25 for 1.5 hrs per subject in a class of 30) when compared to mainstream colleges like MATRIX, Talent100 etc and how it managed to deliver quality classes because of the calibre of their teachers. The fact that you are surrounded by peers who are similarly motivated/disciplined is a bonus. The resources are there (not stellar, not terrible).

Do note that this is my personal experience and tutors have most likely changed. What this means is I recommend you assess both colleges by sitting in on one of their classes if possible. If they don't offer one, email the owner of the company and I'm sure they would happily oblige. It never hurts to ask!

Once in the class, work out if the teaching style of the tutors suit you. Look at the students around you. Examine the resources they provide. Then make your decision.

Best of luck!

s97127

HSC
Peak is worth trying because it's cheaper than other coaching colleges. I know 2 girls from JR and Fort Street who went there in 2017/2016 and got 99.95. cheers

hschelper01

HSC
Last year I went to DUX for Maths 4U and Chemistry - in Year 11 I went to Matrix. From personal experience, I would highly recommend DUX College. The resources/support they provide are unrivalled and I definitely would not have received the results I got without them ...

hschelper01

HSC
There's also heaps of forums on this website that debate which college is the best:

asiansubjects

HSC
Disclosure: I do not work for PEAK as I am clearly a private tutor.

I can only speak for PEAK science because that is where I went for Physics and Chemistry tutoring from 2012-2013.

Personally I think it represents great value for students who are already self-motivated and disciplined. This because it was relatively inexpensive ($25 for 1.5 hrs per subject in a class of 30) when compared to mainstream colleges like MATRIX, Talent100 etc and how it managed to deliver quality classes because of the calibre of their teachers. The fact that you are surrounded by peers who are similarly motivated/disciplined is a bonus. The resources are there (not stellar, not terrible).

Do note that this is my personal experience and tutors have most likely changed. What this means is I recommend you assess both colleges by sitting in on one of their classes if possible. If they don't offer one, email the owner of the company and I'm sure they would happily oblige. It never hurts to ask!

Once in the class, work out if the teaching style of the tutors suit you. Look at the students around you. Examine the resources they provide. Then make your decision.

Best of luck!
Peak is worth trying because it's cheaper than other coaching colleges. I know 2 girls from JR and Fort Street who went there in 2017/2016 and got 99.95. cheers
I currently go to Peak and would agree with these two. If you are a student who has the motivation to do well, then Peak offers great value compared to other centres (classes are currently $30 for 2 hours now). The tutors there all teach well and they provide nice resources too (regular homework, quizzes, mock exams and syllabus dot point notes). They do seem to get pretty good results too judging from their website (seems like they get regular state ranks nearly every year. The only other centres that I know that do this is ACE and Zhangs but they are more expensive): peakhsc.com.au/2019-honour-roll/

cathy.l

HSC
If you're looking for alternatives to the traditional tutoring centre style, I would really recommend Lesrn HSC. They are pretty new, but their courses are actually really good. I purchased their HSC Chem one for $149 but i think their prelim one is even cheaper and literally it has been so good. I tried a few tutoring places out and found that the tutors weren't that much better than school. I stumbled across lesrn's courses from a friend and its actually so good, because the teaching is really clear and explanation are easy to understand but then I can also ask questions directly with the tutor who created the course and they are really responsive - so it's like the best of both worlds. I also get to do it in my own time etc. Check it out!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)