• No

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • I use another browser

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I recently started using Firefox again and I love it, esp. the multi tabbing instead of several windows. It also never stuffs up, unlike explorer, which is always displaying errors and needing to close and not responding. What do you think?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
I have my reservations- Firefox still has a long way to go. It does however have an edge in security, but, I feel this is because there are significantly less people looking for exploits in it, rather than the number looking for exploits in IE.

For the moment, yes, I think it has a bit of a lead.

P

pLuvia

It has a bit of a lead, since it does stop most pop-ups unlike internet explorer, and is quite reliable

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
And there i was thinking it was because of its ability to update security concerns regularly..
Independent security ppl are always testing everything.. i think its because IE is based on a scaffold of legacy code making it somewhat fragile.. more people have access to it.. so it essentially gets 'tested' more..

FireFox is cleaner and less cluttered.
aside from very rare occasions where i use IE.. mainly activeX applications which would be exploit points.. its my primary browser.. for XP and linux

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
And firefox has the ability to host IE in its tabs using IE Tab
IE Tab, an extension from Taiwan, features Embedding Internet Explorer in tabs of Mozilla/Firefox.
So you just use Firefox all the way, but when visiting IE dependant web pages just right-click and select "View page in IE Tab".

HSC
Firefox all the way! Started using it about two years ago and its been fantastic. Also love the way how you can customise Firefox with hundreds and hundreds of extensions to choose from. In addition to that, there are way less errors on firefox.

HSC
AntiHyper said:
And firefox has the ability to host IE in its tabs using IE Tab

So you just use Firefox all the way, but when visiting IE dependant web pages just right-click and select "View page in IE Tab".
Extremely handy tool. Love it.

P

pLuvia

Too bad I don't use Firefox since the scrolling ability doesn't work

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I like how extensible Firefox is. In one browser, I have tabs, a Gmail notifier, Ad blocker, flash-blocker, spell checker, and just about everything IE had, except for ActiveX. The only time I use IE now is for Windows Update. :)

Firefox definitely has an edge on IE at the moment, especially in terms of security. Like Mednez said, there probably aren't as many people actively looking for exploits to take advantage of, and it doesn't tie nearly as deeply into Windows, meaning that bugs generally aren't as dangerous. We'll have to see whast Microsoft can do with IE7 - at least it'll have tabs. :p

pLuvia said:
Too bad I don't use Firefox since the scrolling ability doesn't work
What scrolling ability?

I_F

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I absolutely love Firefox, its head and shoulders above Internet Explorer in every way.

anita_wax

tehnaz
HSC
i know everyone pref firefox. but i got this updated version of explorer with all these added security functions. and ive never actually gotten a virus from the internet, and when i spyware scan i only get tracking cookies.
alot more functions work in ie so im sticking with ie here, since ive had no problems with this computer since i got it a year ago...
i get warnings & everything if a site trys to download some b/s thing onto my comp so i never have any problems :)

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
AntiHyper said:
Read what i said, use IE Tab so you'll never have to leave your firefox :p
I know IE Tab exists, but I don't actually mind having Windows Update as a separate process. I don't love Firefox that much. :p

I_F

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Well I like Firefox better than IE but that's like saying rabies is better than aids.
The current Firefox seems to chew up 100+ mb of ram when running. Not happy.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Firefox Vs Internet Explorer....

The differences in security, vulnerability, performance and features definitely separate the browsers but it depends on your situation on if and how you can use each of the browsers. Wether people like it or not IE is considered along with Microsoft Windows as the industry standard and is used in schools, industries, offices etc.

Although I have to agree Firefox general security may also be attributed to people purely trying to exploit the worlds most used internet browser IE and thus people with Firefox have added security…

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
I've used Firefox since 0.9 was released.
It was pretty comparable to IE at that point.

However since 1.5 was released Firefox is quite a bit ahead of IE in my opinion...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Firefox leaks memory like a bitch on both of my machines, but I still use it because IE 7's interface is clunky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)