Is getting an access card worth it? (1 Viewer)

danal353

HSC
Guess I can only wait till I go to usyd to see what it's like. Hopefully uni isn't as ridiculously expensive as it sounds. How do people NOT have part-time/casual work in uni?
well I suppose they either live off a scholarship or their parents give them money

aussie-boy

HSC
Guess I can only wait till I go to usyd to see what it's like. Hopefully uni isn't as ridiculously expensive as it sounds. How do people NOT have part-time/casual work in uni?
Generous parents or youth allowance

---

Re access, if you want to have a fulfilling time at uni you need to be part of campus life - every club, society, music group requires USU membership (as they get subsidies when USU members joing their club)

Parties and ticketed random events all have $5-10 discounts with access

And youve got to remember that the USUs primary role is to represent the student body to the university, ie working for our benefit. This reason alone is IMO sufficient to support the USU, especially during a time when unis are becoming stingy and money grabbing

rx34

HSC
If you live on-campus in the residential college, you automatically get the Access card. (at least for me)

bio_nut

HSC
If you live on-campus in the residential college, you automatically get the Access card. (at least for me)
yeah, think I read this in my info book the other day and was a little surprised. hopefully!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)