Is it Acceptable to do a Major Work on Accessing the Historical Accuracy of a Film? (1 Viewer)

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Re: Is it Acceptable to do a Major Work on Accessing the Historical Accuracy of a Fil

lol, 300

X

xeuyrawp

Re: Is it Acceptable to do a Major Work on Accessing the Historical Accuracy of a Fil

Anyone?

Thanks
I would think that simply assessing historical accuracy comes under history and not historiography. However, you can do things like why inaccuracies were made, what kind of impact they have, etc etc. History/film is a great historiographical topic - I've written about five essays on it, and they've all been enjoyable and a great historical enquiry.

For this, I would suggest History Goes to the Movies by Marnie Hughes-Warrington.

tjo176

HSC

PwarYuex, I understand what your saying and I've completed a draft, however I'm not sure if it engages with what your talking about. Would you be able to give it a quick skim possibley?

Thanks

sonyaleeisapixi

inkfacewhorebitchpixie.
HSC

I would think that simply assessing historical accuracy comes under history and not historiography. However, you can do things like why inaccuracies were made, what kind of impact they have, etc etc. History/film is a great historiographical topic - I've written about five essays on it, and they've all been enjoyable and a great historical enquiry.

For this, I would suggest History Goes to the Movies by Marnie Hughes-Warrington.
this.

i used a variety of films to assess the role of post modernism upon historical representation foussing on the vietnam war, so thats another way you can incorporate film accuracy into your work.

HSC

or you could say how the film inspired your investigation into your project and explain why in the intro and maybe incorporate it into the essay

i wouldnt think you would base your whole work on it though.

0hNivlek

HSC

At the History Teachers Association Lecture day last year at Macquarie University, they gave us examples of topics we could do and it listed: Historical accuracy of film/media (default).

LOL, someone from my class was gonna do 300 though he dropped it already.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)