• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is it okay to bug teachers? (1 Viewer)

LordPc

HSC
What's a tutor for then?
what if they, like most students, dont have a tutor?

they just don't like it when you bug them with a question the can't answer
this is annoying. ever had it happen to you when the question was actually content that should be covered according to the syllabus? thats the worst

Last edited:

clo-ree

HSC
my cafs teacher is the exact same
although honestly, in cafs i dont think it really needs much explaination.
No I agree it doesnt need much explaination - just some of the kids in the class would prefer to be smoking pot then being there - they are the ones who need it explained 20 times.

keeganryan

HSC
Questions are ok if relevant, but again, a class of 24 can't have everyone asking questions. If someone doesn't understand something, then they should seek help, but not disturb anyone else's learning process. If that makes sense.
Agree.
If you know what you're asking is relevant, but thus far unanswered, go ahead and ask in class. That's not something I'd classify as bugging.
But if you go off onto a completely unrelated tangent, and persist even once it has been dismissed, that's when you're crossing the line.

Also - Don't be one of those people who read something, and then ask a question about it to prove to everyone they're smart...it doesn't work and makes you look even more stupid.
Agree again.
Do not, I repeat, do not be one of these people. Get over yourself, we all know what you're doing, and we all knew whichever fact you're referring to before you did. So shut up :)

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
Albert Einstein was a teacher-bugger. He constantly pestered them with any questions that came to mind, and kept pursuing them until he got a satisfactory understanding.

Im thinking of the application of this in the classroom. Is this acceptable? I can see that doing this to a modest amount could be quite helpful (i.e if you don't know something, to raise the question immeadiatly). Do teachers appreciate this 'enthusiasm', or are they annoyed by it? What do you think?
depends on the teacher. some don't mind, some encourage it, some get pissed off by it - i hate this type of teacher the most, lazy shits...

HSC
No I agree it doesnt need much explaination - just some of the kids in the class would prefer to be smoking pot then being there - they are the ones who need it explained 20 times.
i 100% agree! hahahaha.

random-1005

Banned
HSC
Questions are ok if relevant, but again, a class of 24 can't have everyone asking questions. If someone doesn't understand something, then they should seek help, but not disturb anyone else's learning process. If that makes sense.

Thus it's always good to do a bit of googling or forum asking beforehand.

Also - Don't be one of those people who read something, and then ask a question about it to prove to everyone they're smart...it doesn't work and makes you look even more stupid.

lol theres this one kid in my eco class and he always starts his questions with "this might be off topic" and sure enough it is, and then there are the people that ask so many questions, attempting to understand the concepts, and they still dnt get it. i find that particularly amusing to watch

freaksoutalot

HSC
lol im always the noisiest most involved in my classes, and i guess its because i learn best from discussion. sometimes especially in like economics i feel like im the only one talking

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)