Is survivor fake? (1 Viewer)

luv2luvurmama

HSC
Is survivor fake or real?

I like watching it sometimes, especially ..... "EVIL RUSSEL!!!!" lol.

But sometimes i just think its as fake, as horse shit in a dress.

I want to know the truth! now!

Freakstyler09

HSC
Is survivor fake or real?

I like watching it sometimes, especially ..... "EVIL RUSSEL!!!!" lol.

But sometimes i just think its as fake, as horse shit in a dress.

I want to know the truth! now!

I feel the very same way, I mean Russel seems quiet jolly, for a bloke who hasn't eaten for days on end.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
would literally lmao if this was true.

well we all know the eviction room thing is a set

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I dunno, Survivor is still good TV. Watching "Life at Ponderosa" (the place where evicted members who later become Jury members go), they do seem as they lost heaps of weight (as their weights before and after are compared, as well as pictures of themselves. I dunno, it could be visually edited.

And Christina is correct - Tribal Council is pretty much all staged with artefacts of the region. Even the reading of the votes is staged so as to create suspense on TV. Like in cases of 5-4 votes, in real life....they randomly pick out around 6 votes before someone gets the majority of 5, however, they edit the footage so that the vote is 4-4 before the last vote is called out.

LordPc

HSC
grow up. i think you greatly over estimate just how good people are at keeping secrets

And Christina is correct - Tribal Council is pretty much all staged with artefacts of the region. Even the reading of the votes is staged so as to create suspense on TV. Like in cases of 5-4 votes, in real life....they randomly pick out around 6 votes before someone gets the majority of 5, however, they edit the footage so that the vote is 4-4 before the last vote is called out.
i was never in doubt that the revealing of the votes was staged. jeff looks at the votes and decides the order in which they will be shown. they see exactly what we see with regards to votes (except that bit at the end where the person voted out makes a comment while the credits role). otherwise it is unfair if some votes are not shown. take last season where shambo would vote by herself

tribal council is hugely edited though. ive read somewhere where jeff said sometimes it goes for an hour, which they cut down to a few minutes

pman

Banned
HSC
They see the votes but I don't think they see who voted for whom.....as for food and water, they're given some but not much

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
i was never in doubt that the revealing of the votes was staged. jeff looks at the votes and decides the order in which they will be shown. they see exactly what we see with regards to votes (except that bit at the end where the person voted out makes a comment while the credits role). otherwise it is unfair if some votes are not shown. take last season where shambo would vote by herself
I read differently somewhere (don't remember exactly). But your explanation makes a lot more sense.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
I believe there is a lot of camera editing going on. The producers decide how they want to portray different people to make the show most interesting.

luv2luvurmama

HSC
So is it fake?

I mean, if you watched it, especially the season that just ended, russell just "luckily" found 3 immunity idols, in a row, when he was about to get voted off. Brett, won 3 immunity challenges in a row...

And they only talk to each other! when the camera's are filming them. Like when they are about to decide who to vote off, they only do it infront of a camera.

HSC
would literally lmao if this was true.

well we all know the eviction room thing is a set
fuck, really?

and here i was, thinking natural tribal council eviction things with little voting desks and pens and benches to sit on just happened to naturally exist on all these islands they filmed on, thanks for clearing that up for me.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
fuck, really?

and here i was, thinking natural tribal council eviction things with little voting desks and pens and benches to sit on just happened to naturally exist on all these islands they filmed on, thanks for clearing that up for me.
er ok cool :/
unnecessary rant is unnecessary

pman

Banned
HSC
Thr producers know what each contestant is good at and make challanges favouring who they want to survive

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
So is it fake?

And they only talk to each other! when the camera's are filming them. Like when they are about to decide who to vote off, they only do it infront of a camera.
There is probably some arrangement with the producers before the show that states that cameras will be on them at all times. They prob, just edit all the useless conversations out.

I think majority of things on the show are real, it's just that it's edited for a larger dramatic effect.

BlackDragon

HSC
It is really to a certain extent, but in order to make it work on television the way it does it will always be largely constructed like this. I mean, when you consider that they have cameras all around them and medical staff waiting by all the time, it is a very 'staged' reality. The only thing that isn't controlled is what comes out of their mouth, but with editing they take everything that has happened and create themes. I also think that they get them to repeat stuff they said if it wasn't caught on camera, or not correctly. All 'reality' TV is like this. Its as real as any other show that is not 'reality' TV.

LordPc

HSC
It is really to a certain extent, but in order to make it work on television the way it does it will always be largely constructed like this. I mean, when you consider that they have cameras all around them and medical staff waiting by all the time, it is a very 'staged' reality. The only thing that isn't controlled is what comes out of their mouth, but with editing they take everything that has happened and create themes. I also think that they get them to repeat stuff they said if it wasn't caught on camera, or not correctly. All 'reality' TV is like this. Its as real as any other show that is not 'reality' TV.
ok, i think at this point i need to ask what is this topic really about?

i thought we were discussing the reality of the show as a whole. that is, whether or not survivor is scripted and actors are being payed to play certain roles?

or are we talking about the use of editing in survivor?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)