Is the war in Iraq justified? (3 Viewers)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Astro: WTF?!?

Leetom: Actually, the UN weapons inspectors found a cache of scud missles during there search for WMD, which were detroyed by the UN weapons inspectors-THIS IS FACT. Do you think Saddam would spend millions of dollars a year on WMD, to not have any? I think this is a pretty stupid thing to do. Do you agree?

Sweets: Have you been to Iraq in the last year? I havent. How do you know that the Iraqis resent the Americans rule? Also, if someone came into our country, it would be a different story. We're a democracy. Ruled by the people through their representatives. Iraq was a dictatorship. Ruled by Saddam and his family. In our society, people dont get picked up on the street to be taken to Police stations, sporting fields, etc., to be raped, tortured, executed and used as scientific experiments. If you like the sound of this why dont you go to Iraq 20 years ago when Saddam was in his prime. Yeah. I didnt think so.

So what if they want oil. They freed a nation from repression and tyranny. The Iraqis will see more of the revenues from oil know under US administration than they ever did under the rule of Saddam. This should be blatantly obvious to any logical person.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
thorrnydevil- i think your completely missing the point.

What any logical person could see that the Iraqi ppl resent the Americans..do u read the papers???. I think it is much to simplistic to say oh look at the great americans- demorcratic and all freeing the Iraqi's....how much freedom is actually prevailing today?????? The Al-Jazeera office in Iraq actually got shut down, hows that for democracy?? Isn't freedom of speech a central part of the concept. Opps I forgot thats only when it suits thier purposes.

I can see your point but its to black and white and the world just isnt that black and white.

and more to the point have u been to Iraq lately, can u personally tell me that the freedom bell is ringing in Iraq??

Last edited:

astro

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Astro: WTF?!?

QUOTE]

You said the "US has its puppet in power" and then you implied that the Iraqi people would now see the profits of the oil under this puppet...i really doubt it....as if the US will let a majority of the profits go to Iraq

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Why wouldn't they? Sure, there gonna take some for themselves, but they'll see more under a US administration than under Saddams dictatorship in which he took everything and bought total crap like gold AK-47's.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Leetom: Actually, the UN weapons inspectors found a cache of scud missles during there search for WMD, which were detroyed by the UN weapons inspectors-THIS IS FACT. Do you think Saddam would spend millions of dollars a year on WMD, to not have any? I think this is a pretty stupid thing to do. Do you agree?

So what if they want oil. They freed a nation from repression and tyranny. The Iraqis will see more of the revenues from oil know under US administration than they ever did under the rule of Saddam. This should be blatantly obvious to any logical person.
True, the U.N weapon inspectors found scuds but they weren't fitted out with the chemicals requird to class them as WMDs. Also, the regime was giving their scuds to the weapon inspectors. Also, having scuds isn't dousn't justify a war.

You state often Saddam spent millions on WMDs. So, where'd they go? And where did you hear that Saddam was spending millions on them? I thought the majority of his weapons were supplied by the U.S.

Also, freeing the Iraqis from repression and tyranny?
This argument had no weight, because if the Americans had stated this as the pressing issue which required an invasion of Iraq, then the U.N would not of opposed the war.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
leetom said:
Also, freeing the Iraqis from repression and tyranny?
This argument had no weight, because if the Americans had stated this as the pressing issue which required an invasion of Iraq, then the U.N would not of opposed the war.
How doesn't it have any weight? Yes, it was the main reason they went to war, but, dont you agree that it makes the reason they went to war a little more justifiable? Also, the UN General Assembly didn't oppose the war. It was France who vitoed it. Do you know why? Because France had billion dollar deals with Iraq and the Middle East.

Also, Iraq is covered in caves and under ground bunkers. Saddam had years if not decades to hide his weapons from the Coalition and UN.

Kulazzi

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
How doesn't it have any weight? Yes, it was the main reason they went to war, but, dont you agree that it makes the reason they went to war a little more justifiable? Also, the UN General Assembly didn't oppose the war. It was France who vitoed it. Do you know why? Because France had billion dollar deals with Iraq and the Middle East.

Also, Iraq is covered in caves and under ground bunkers. Saddam had years if not decades to hide his weapons from the Coalition and UN.
ok
(1) please refer to resources as evidence when you say all of this because for some reason I don't believe you
(2) Iraq is covered in caves and underground bunkers???? Dude, u seriously gotta take a holiday trip to Iraq. I don't think you've been to Iraq so how would you know? I definitely know that Iraq is not "covered in caves and underground bunkers" because I have an Iraqi friend, who had these experiences and i think she knows what it looks like and I'm pretty sure I know what Iraq looks like more than you do.

Edit: You still haven't replied to the post I had made in the Merlin thread, I noticed your key words but you must've certainly notice my key sentence cos as i mentioned, you haven't replied to it therefore you could not think of anymore arguments and you started to work on going against crazyhomo which was pretty cowardice of you

Last edited:

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
Ok are we moving to this whole it was justified because they removed a dictarorial govenment. Why doesn't America go remove that despotic tyranical oil nation posing to be a democratic country, oh wait they already have their oil. Oh yeh what abou all the corrup rulers in Africa...oh wait there is nothing valuable there.

Generator

HSC
N/A
There are far too many anti-yanks on this board...

Kulazzi, your evidence is no more believable than thorrnydevil's (a friend vs the fact that saddam was found in a hole).

Generator

HSC
N/A
Sweets said:
I think it is much to simplistic to say oh look at the great americans- demorcratic and all freeing the Iraqi's....how much freedom is actually prevailing today?????? The Al-Jazeera office in Iraq actually got shut down, hows that for democracy?? Isn't freedom of speech a central part of the concept. Opps I forgot thats only when it suits thier purposes.

It's not that simple. The Middle East and the West are very different (using broad generalisations and all). The US supposedly stands for secular governance yet, if I am not mistaken, the Islamic world sees no such distinction between the church and the state. Now in order to promote Western democracy (which we all hold in the highest regard for some reason) the US has to impose its own ideals rather than make use of those suppressed by Saddam (he ruled over a secular Iraq) as there is a distinct possibility that immediate 'democratic' processes will lead to the establishment of a government that is not democratic in the Western sense. Nobody in the nice and secure West would like that, would they?

I'm only trying to point out [what I see as being] the obvious, but just take this post in whatever way you want. I may have a skewed sense of logic, too, but oh well. Point out any flaws, please.

Kulazzi

HSC
Generator said:
There are far too many anti-yanks on this board...

Kulazzi, your evidence is no more believable than thorrnydevil's (a friend vs the fact that saddam was found in a hole).
Generator, ok, but still the fact that saddam was found in a hole doesn't necessarily mean that Iraq is covered in "caves and underground bunkers", and no I don't mean to be anti-yank, just anti-bush :)

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Kullazi: I also have a friend from Iraq. He's a doctor. He and his family had to escape the persecution of Saddam so fled (legally) to Australia. He's told me about the parades in which the weapons where marched down the streets and out to the country side. Where they were hidden. In caves and bunkers. Think about it.

Also, what did you post in the Merlin thread?

Sweets: Actually, Africa has the largest diamond deposits in the world.

Generator: Where a dying breed mate. Us patriots have to stick togethor.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
thorrneydevil- I was refering oil wise......

And its not about being Anit-American at all. My best friend is an American. It's just simply about showing some critical discrnment towards the media, u know not believing everything on Today Tonight :eek:

Generator

HSC
N/A
thorrnydevil said:
Generator: Where a dying breed mate. Us patriots have to stick togethor.

I'm far from being on your side... I was merely stating the obvious.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Generator said:
I'm far from being on your side... I was merely stating the obvious.
Then I guess your not the man (or woman) I thought.

Kulazzi

HSC
Maybe if you search for it, then you'll find it and THEN you can reply to my post. I'm not going to dig it up for you, sorry. I cannot be bothered. The easiest way is to click on my name and then when u get to my profile, click on "find all posts by kulazzi" or something like that (If you don't know already) and then you'll find a few from the merlin's thread there

Edit: What the hell is my quote doing in ur sig????????? I haven't said that.

Last edited:

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Kulazzi said:
ok
(1)
(2) Iraq is covered in caves and underground bunkers???? Dude, u seriously gotta take a holiday trip to Iraq. I don't think you've been to Iraq so how would you know? I definitely know that Iraq is not "covered in caves and underground bunkers" because I have an Iraqi friend, who had these experiences and i think she knows what it looks like and I'm pretty sure I know what Iraq looks like more than you do.
Iraq isn't the perfect hopliday destination at the moment Kulazzi..
how do you "definitely " know that iraq isnt covered in caves and underground bunkers? beacause a friend told u so? you can't always believe what friends say, plus the underground caves and bunkers are naturally not going to be revealed to the public... so who really knows whats there

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Find it and I'll answer it.

Actually, you did say it. This thread, post 49, second sentence under (2).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)