Islam (1 Viewer)

reemz

HSC
y do u gus make islam out 2 be so hard to undersatnd wen its not. a muslim believes in god (allah) and that muhmad is his prophet and islam isnt politics its a way of living life. muslims go by set rules, dogs arnt allowed becoz they are 'ns'. some muslims have dogs, but they arnt allowed in the house and there saliva is the most forbidden part. but who cares about y we arnt allowed to have dogs honestly

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
ha! dog saliva isnt forbidden in the sense that u get sins!!

its just dirty
meaning, just like blood, urine and some other sutff u cant pray with it and u shouldnt go around playing with dog saliva got it!!

like a doctor can work with blood, or a butcher for one, but they must clean themselves from the blood before prayer, no one likes a guy walking the the street with blood anywayz!! :)

reemz

HSC
mr EaZy said:
ha! dog saliva isnt forbidden in the sense that u get sins!!

its just dirty
meaning, just like blood, urine and some other sutff u cant pray with it and u shouldnt go around playing with dog saliva got it!!

like a doctor can work with blood, or a butcher for one, but they must clean themselves from the blood before prayer, no one likes a guy walking the the street with blood anywayz!! :)

i no that just tryin to help out

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
reemz said:
y do u gus make islam out 2 be so hard to undersatnd wen its not. a muslim believes in god (allah) and that muhmad is his prophet and islam isnt politics its a way of living life. muslims go by set rules, dogs arnt allowed becoz they are 'ns'. some muslims have dogs, but they arnt allowed in the house and there saliva is the most forbidden part. but who cares about y we arnt allowed to have dogs honestly
lol you make it sound as if dog saliva is poisonous! Yeah, but I get your point its just that dogs are impure hence forbidden. This is really a trivial aspect of Islam...its not one of the pivotal element of Islam that distinguishes it from other religions. I can't beleive it was brought up anyway. Its never been brought up even with my convos with Muslim friends so yeh it pretty much dumbfounded me. However, i agree with your Reemz, its true how people use some of the most trifle rules of Islam and make it sound so fundamental and confusing leading others to think that Islam is a reallly ambigious religion full of confusions and wotnot for someone who has never heard of these things.
As for me, I wasn't trying to complicate things. I was just endeavouring to respond to hotshot's comments, hence my hesitation to explain the Hadiths of Bukhari which I know can be a bit confusing for someone who hasnt heard of before. But if someone just denounces something I beleive in as non-sensical fairy tales, surely that requires some explanation?

Mr_eazy, did you say you'll study how ISLAM is interwind with law? what subject is that? how come I never studied that! :(
Sis tangerine, I couldnt agree with you anymore! I just love the scientific miracles exposed in the Quran exposed 1,400 years ago. It has never ceased to astound me. SubhanAllah. :)

reemz

HSC
mz purfect i completely agree with u. islam isnt that hard and the only thing that concerns people is the petty stuff lyk y we cant have dogs and eat pork. espeially nowadays people regard ISLAM as a religon that trains terrorists and supports terror y cant ppl realise that ISLAM is one of the very few religions that actually makes sense!

mz_purfect

Pedantic Perfectionist
A paradoxical world where innocents suffer n crims
HSC
reemz said:
mz purfect i completely agree with u. islam isnt that hard and the only thing that concerns people is the petty stuff lyk y we cant have dogs and eat pork. espeially nowadays people regard ISLAM as a religon that trains terrorists and supports terror y cant ppl realise that ISLAM is one of the very few religions that actually makes sense!
Indeed, your spot on sis reemz. My English teacher once asked me whether in my opinion 'terrorists' are actually Muslims upholding the word of God' I didnt have to think twice in responding in the negative. Terrorists are not Muslims becuase if they were then they'd follow the Hadith of the Prophet (pbuh) who for 40 years was so NICE to the non-Muslims that they trusted him more than anyone else nicknaming him Sadiq (the honest) and Amin (trustworthy). Most of those non-Muslims would ask him to keep their money rather than their own people. If Muhammad (pbuh) the Prophet on whom the noble Quran was revealed was SO incredbily nice to the non-Muslims then how can Islam be a religion that preaches terrorism (hurting innocents)?

I recall one of my fave hadiths: this non-Muslim used to throw her garbage from her balcony on the Prophet (pbuh) everyday he passed her house. One day, she didn't throw anything and fell sick. Our Prophet (countles blessings on him) was so hospitable that he actually went to see what's wrong with her. When he went, he asked the lady why she hadn't thrwon garbage on him and whther she was feeling OK. The lady was speechless beyond belief! She could not comprehend that the man on whom she had been throwing all this disgusting garbage at, actually came to ask what was wrong with her? That he was worried for he to such an extent that he came to see her why she was sick instead of telling her off about the garbage? The lady became Muslim on the spot. Infact most non-Muslims converted to Islam primarily becuase of the perfect characteristic and mannerisms and attitude of the Prophet (pbuh) towards them. This is how Islam teaches us to treat non-Muslims. How can terrorists call themselves Muslims?

reemz

HSC
mz_purfect said:
Indeed, your spot on sis reemz. My English teacher once asked me whether in my opinion 'terrorists' are actually Muslims upholding the word of God' I didnt have to think twice in responding in the negative. Terrorists are not Muslims becuase if they were then they'd follow the Hadith of the Prophet (pbuh) who for 40 years was so NICE to the non-Muslims that they trusted him more than anyone else nicknaming him Sadiq (the honest) and Amin (trustworthy). Most of those non-Muslims would ask him to keep their money rather than their own people. If Muhammad (pbuh) the Prophet on whom the noble Quran was revealed was SO incredbily nice to the non-Muslims then how can Islam be a religion that preaches terrorism (hurting innocents)?

I recall one of my fave hadiths: this non-Muslim used to throw her garbage from her balcony on the Prophet (pbuh) everyday he passed her house. One day, she didn't throw anything and fell sick. Our Prophet (countles blessings on him) was so hospitable that he actually went to see what's wrong with her. When he went, he asked the lady why she hadn't thrwon garbage on him and whther she was feeling OK. The lady was speechless beyond belief! She could not comprehend that the man on whom she had been throwing all this disgusting garbage at, actually came to ask what was wrong with her? That he was worried for he to such an extent that he came to see her why she was sick instead of telling her off about the garbage? The lady became Muslim on the spot. Infact most non-Muslims converted to Islam primarily becuase of the perfect characteristic and mannerisms and attitude of the Prophet (pbuh) towards them. This is how Islam teaches us to treat non-Muslims. How can terrorists call themselves Muslims?

well wat can i say other than ppl have to get over ignorance of society and realise that muslims are humans and that terrorism is not wat islam is about but rather wat properganda represents it as

reemz

HSC
killing in islam

soha said:
yes it is fucked indeed
i mean in islam..if u take a life the punishment is hellfire
so why would a muslim kill ..especially for no reason
the ones that do..God knows what will become of them
ur r gettin confusd islam not bout killin. killin in islam is one thing that good never forgives unless it is one of these who ever protects themselves, there land, there goods,, there women and there religon.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
reemz said:
ur r gettin confusd islam not bout killin. killin in islam is one thing that good never forgives unless it is one of these who ever protects themselves, there land, there goods,, there women and there religon.
yeah but im referring to if you take a life unjustly

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
what i lvoe about Islam is how science is not forsaken by religion, yet intertwined within i, everything from creation, to the composition of the earth, the architectural significance of mountains,seas etc..all there and it's all only just been discovered...the Qu'ran never ceases to astound me
there are like so many branches of science that intertwine with islam
and withign islam there is so many different islamic sciences..
i recall people saying islam is anti-science..
but its not true

mr EaZy

punchbowl bro- its the best place to live !
HSC
next sem ill be doing legal process and history, nah we dont go in details but ive seen in some people's notes that islamic law, unlike our own common law, puts religon and secular practices in close proximity. UTS does offer islamic law (one professor converted to islam and studied islamic law in malaysia), but i dunno if ill take that up (still deciding whether or not to transfer to unsw where my friends are and some other reasons)

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
yeah why are we complicating Islam? lol it teaches us that a simplistic lifestyle is indeed the most spiritually fulfilling one, even though I'm tempted by the material A LOT i try to cut down and abide by it's teachings i.e love Allah and his Prophets more than I love what will one day be lost.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
so r u saying that religion and politics are the same? is the bible and politics the same? there is more to politics than just laws.

ok let that be so. Tell me the difference between the Saudi Arabia, and othe middle eastern countries when compared to western countries. They are not democratic! Are you saying the religion of Islam is not democratic? I hope not!

that the problem, how can you expect others to understand, when yourself cannot step outside and see from their perspective. Another with simplicity, you guys have some good explanation, with a hell lot of jargon. How is someone who is not arabic, non-muslim supposed to understand?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
No Offense, i understand how you feel towards the quran, but all religions have sceintific marvels. Hinduism, Buddhism and so on. You just have read their relevent texts, like the quran.

Another is Ancient Egyptians they themselves had some scientific marvels, pyramids, and so on. This was well before the quran was revealed. Same goes to other ancient civilisation, there is just so much information, that it is important to realise that many of these could well perhaps have existed before, you never know.

For example Greek mathematicans, yoga, Ayurveda

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
that the problem, how can you expect others to understand, when yourself cannot step outside and see from their perspective. Another with simplicity, you guys have some good explanation, with a hell lot of jargon. How is someone who is not arabic, non-muslim supposed to understand?
our bad...what jargon would you like explained?
i can think of a couple ive said so here goes

sawaab: umm how do i say this, its a little bit like heaven points...its the recognition you get for each good deed, charitable act etc you do, everyone gets them even non-Muslims, this is what will be counted when we die..although *no-offence to non-Muslims* it will primarily benefit Muslims because the fundamental belief to get you into heaven is to believe there is only one God and Muhammed(pbuh) is His Prophet.

guna: the opposite of sawaab. what you get for each bad deed you do, if, upon death, a Muslim has more guna than sawaab this will mean he/ she will be punished for the wrongs the have committed and then allowed into Paradise, just because you're Muslim doesn't mean it's plain sailing..there's effort involved.

hadith: sayings of the Prophet pbuh as recorded by his companions of the time, some are also the sayings of his family and companions (the most perfect Muslims)

any more? i cant think of anything else I've said

oh wait
shariah law: the jurisdiction of the Islamic world, how it is to be conducted as well as how one must conduct him/herself in accordance with rules which cater for courtesy of others and respect for oneself.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
No Offense, i understand how you feel towards the quran, but all religions have sceintific marvels. Hinduism, Buddhism and so on. You just have read their relevent texts, like the quran.

Another is Ancient Egyptians they themselves had some scientific marvels, pyramids, and so on. This was well before the quran was revealed. Same goes to other ancient civilisation, there is just so much information, that it is important to realise that many of these could well perhaps have existed before, you never know.

For example Greek mathematicans, yoga, Ayurveda
we recognise that, but these revelations were in additon to what was already known back then, the greek mathematicians discovered the intricacies of number with the instruments they possessed, the revelations in teh Qu'ran were so incredibly beyond their time it was in no way possible that Muhammed pbuh thought of them, being uneducated and illiterate, yes socially, morally and spiritually he was superior, but he had not been educated about the sciences or numerial workings of the universe thus proof this could only be the word of Allah
the Qu'ran stated that the future held a decrease in the numbers of males and an increase in teh numbers of females TRUE,

ok i got a list of signs of the future as orchastrated by Islam...nearing the end of the world as we know it, I'm not saying the end is tomorrow, but most of this is true if any of this information is wrong please tell me..because this is a website and I don't know the exact pages of reference in the Qu'ran

anyway, this was stated well before it's time as was much of what is illustrated in the Qu'ran scientifically and numerically:

Signs of the last day

* When it will be regarded as a shame to act on Quranic injunctions.
* When untrustworthy people will be regarded as trustworthy and the trustworthy will be regarded as untrustworthy.
* When it will be hot in winter (and vice versa).
* When the length of days is stretched, i.e. a journey of a few days is covered in a matter of hours.
* When orators and lecturers lie openly.
* When people dispute over petty issues.
* When women with children come displeased on account of them bearing offspring, and barren women remain happy on account of having no responsibility of offspring.
* When oppression, jealousy, and greed become the order of the day.
* When people blatantly follow their passions and whims.
* When lies prevail over the truth.
* When violence, bloodshed and anarchy become common.
* When immorality overtakes shamelessness and is perpetrated publicly.
* When legislation matters pertaining to Deen is handed over to the worst elements of the Ummat, and if people accept them and are satisfied with their findings, then such persons will not smell the fragrance of Jannat.
* When the offspring become a cause of grief and anger (for their parents).

p.s Jannat means heaven, I'm not sure what Ummat means

ok yoga and ayurveda, i'm indian so i know all about this, like the kama sutra these resulted after years of hindu/muslim wisemen researching the properties of roots, plants, herbs and soils...these discoveries were also research based and the resulting conclusions that, e.g CENTELLA ASIATICA is a blood purifier, toner, exfoliant, diuretic etc due to human curiosity and necessity which led to testing of different natural sources, the Qu'ran is different as none of this was researched by an human being prior to it's inscription. Ayurveda is actually a combination of ayurvedic medicine and umami medicine (ayurveda being more hindu based and umami being more islamic based). Therefore, although ayurveda is quite religiously intwined, the basis of it arose from neccesity and not religion.

i'll write more later

Last edited by a moderator:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
thanks, some of the stuff, i am unsure of. you know, its kinda like predictable sorta thing.

anways, thanks.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
thanks, some of the stuff, i am unsure of. you know, its kinda like predictable sorta thing.

anways, thanks.

anytime, it's good to clear stuff up :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)