Islam (1 Viewer)

heybraham

HSC
revelations in the Holy Bible predicts a new world government who will dictated by a single man, and any man who doesn't accept the 'mark of the beast' of his government will not be able to buy of sell.

sound kinda like the war on terrorism. and the dictating world govt sound kinda like the United Nations, who dictate the most basic of human rights (laws). As of now, no one can bring down the UN, the UN is here to stay forever, whether for better or worse, until the ends of the earth.

and also the Bible predicts, this deceiving leader will use blasphemously use the name of God for his cause (think US constitution, George Bush getting Christian votes by claiming to be CHristian yet he kills millions by making a bull**** war against afghanistan and iraq because some Osama dude was given millions of dollars by the CIA to bomb the WTC so they could make war against any country they chose). and also predicts famine and earthquakes etc. think global warming = famine. etc. apparently they predict global warming WILL bring famine at the rate its going at around 2040

i'm not saying the prediction in Quran are false, but you can't ignore the Bible's one either.

Last edited:

reemz

HSC
hey ppl dont forget that the quaran wasnt the only book that muslims followed also in the past muslims believed in the bible, the thourat, zabour, another 1 which i cant remember and the quaran. though muslims began to reject the ther books as humans began to change them to suit the contemporary society, while the quaran could never be changed.

tempco

HSC
the original scriptures, of course.

gospel, psalms, torah and the quran.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
heybraham said:
revelations in the Holy Bible predicts a new world government who will dictated by a single man, and any man who doesn't accept the 'mark of the beast' of his government will not be able to buy of sell.

sound kinda like the war on terrorism. and the dictating world govt sound kinda like the United Nations, who dictate the most basic of human rights (laws). As of now, no one can bring down the UN, the UN is here to stay forever, whether for better or worse, until the ends of the earth.

and also the Bible predicts, this deceiving leader will use blasphemously use the name of God for his cause (think US constitution, George Bush getting Christian votes by claiming to be CHristian yet he kills millions by making a bull**** war against afghanistan and iraq because some Osama dude was given millions of dollars by the CIA to bomb the WTC so they could make war against any country they chose). and also predicts famine and earthquakes etc. think global warming = famine. etc. apparently they predict global warming WILL bring famine at the rate its going at around 2040

i'm not saying the prediction in Quran are false, but you can't ignore the Bible's one either.

that's because the Qu'ran and the Bible were essentially one book...non-muslims please don't take offence..but then the Bible was changed in many parts.

your views may differ however

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
that's because the Qu'ran and the Bible were essentially one book...non-muslims please don't take offence..but then the Bible was changed in many parts.

your views may differ however
well its true
there is many branches of christianity and sects and bibles and testiments and versions and editions

whereas the koran has stayed intact and never been changed or rewritten

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
heybraham, noone is denying the scientific facts displayed in the bible all those millenia ago. in fact i, and every muslim would agree, that these facts were presented by God. however, the Bible itself was changed, misinterpreted and corrupted over the course of time and this has hindered it's interpretation and it's claim to be the "infallible word of God". But by the same token, if u and i were to agree that the scientific facts in the bible were from God, logic would maintain that the scientific facts in the Quran (which in number, far exceed that of the bible) are also from God. Scientifc facts which, revealed over 14 centuries ago in numerous verses, have only been discovered with advanced technology and many scientific genius. This has left the scientific world baffled as they themselves acknowledge that the superior knowledge and understanding of science, astronomy, geology, mathematics, chemistry, physics, meteorology(the list goes on) displayed in the Quran can ONLY have been sourced from a divine being. For those who claim that the Quran was written by Vatican scholars (ie. refer to Bekstah's earlier post), by the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) who was uneducated and illiterate, having had absolutely no scientific training whatsoever, please enlighten me..... how could intricate explanations about the reproduction cycle have been explained 1400 years ago when people were living in huts? How was it that the water cycle and the Big Bang were explained in detail at a time when popular belief said the Earth was flat?

IamaFloorMat

HSC
N/A
tangerinespeedo said:
look, hotshot, in all honesty you can't just rely on the word of one muslim to validate the claims made, yes dogs are 'forbidden' to an extent but its not only because they bite, which is a rarity anyway, they are often dirty in behaviour and physicality, yes modern medicine has allowed significant advances in animal hygeine, yet the nature of dogs will inevitably expose them to their usual sources of uncleanliness, nonetheless we don't forsake dogs, rather acknowledge their loyal, protective behaviour and as such are allowed to keep them in certain circumstances.

i hate how humans (not muslims okay) in general look down upon animals in such, i hope one day dogs evolve so much that they become almost human and then be able to command us.
And i hate how some of these countries treat animals as welll

no im not a fukin hippie ok

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
soha said:
yeah animal cruelty stinks
in islam its forbidden to mistreat an animals
isn't there a belief in islam that you can't eat meat if it was mistreated in death or something like that?
i remember researching a food tech assessment ages ago
and just remembered that
but please correct me if i'm wrong

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
waddle_828 said:
isn't there a belief in islam that you can't eat meat if it was mistreated in death or something like that?
i remember researching a food tech assessment ages ago
and just remembered that
but please correct me if i'm wrong
yeah
like the animal has to be slaughtered correctly ..halal
where its cut at the neck and it doenst feel pain..and the blood is drained
and its blessed as its killed
so yeah

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
soha said:
yeah
like the animal has to be slaughtered correctly ..halal
where its cut at the neck and it doenst feel pain..and the blood is drained
and its blessed as its killed
so yeah
thanks for the info!

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
hm i went to a lecture today at st marys hall
it was about critical issues facing women in islam
by sheik khaled yassin and sheik abu yusef
they were awesom..i loved every minute of it
and the halal meat pies were a bonus
yay
neways..both sheiks raised soem interesting points
that got me thinking..
and they reminded us just how liberated and elavated women in islam really are..
it was cool

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
lol..kery anne ha a discussion/debate on her show with a christian minister a muslims guy and a australian author on a book about islam
and some audience members ..
they were talking about misconceptions of islam..
but alot of people seem to be drifting from topic and talking about things they wanted to make clear rather then sticking to the topic and question

it was ok..but annoying when she cuts people off because there wasnt enough time..

HotShot

-_-
HSC
interesting

Its interesting SOHA about what you said. Basically you are saying that many women dont realise how liberated they are, isnt that contradictation in itself. Like they dont have the freedom to find out if they are free?

Does that mean you are told to be free?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
HotShot said:
Its interesting SOHA about what you said. Basically you are saying that many women dont realise how liberated they are, isnt that contradictation in itself. Like they dont have the freedom to find out if they are free?

Does that mean you are told to be free?
wtf are you talking about
islam liberates woman
the religon itself
you look into islam and what koran and hadith says and follow it properly and you are liberated
so i dunno what you are trying to say here..
if you follow real islam woman are free and liberated and such
yes many waman dont realise
many woman dont know their reanlislmaic rights and duties
like myself..i knew some rights but when you go to a lecture or someone teaches you in depth..you realise even more how liberating and good islam really is for woman

stop taking something beautiful and turning it into something ugly

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
ok, islam teaches that women are equal to men, not inferior in the slightest and definately not placed on earth to be nothing more than sexual objects for the pleasure of men. Women are thus told to cover themselves modestly so as to allow men to look past their physical beauty and recognise them as individuals with thoushts, minds etc.
Before Islam the arabs used to bury little baby girls as boys were believed to be more auspicious, Islam abolished this worldwide, forbidding such inequality. It stated that women should get inheritance etc even in the presence of a brother (i.e in the old days the inheritance would go solely to the male heir of the family, be it son, nephew, grandsn etc). It forbade prostitution, sexual perverseness or objectification of women so strongly that it was a complete turnaround for the society of pre-Islamic Arabia.
there's more...along the lines of a woman completes and man and vice versa therefore your life partner has equal share in family life etc...men and women are equal
there is also a saying recognising the importance of women in family it goes:
'If you educate a male you educate one man, if you educate a woman you educate a whole family' as more often than not the woman is the one who teaches the kids etc...not all the time nowadays but like i said, more often than not.

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
soha, i went to that khaled yasin lecture too!! did you go to the friday one about youth and reality ? that was excellent. i was so inspired by the friday and the sunday one! which row were you sitting in on sunday?

tempco

HSC
my sister brought up an interesting point a few days ago... there was no feminist movement in islam since there was no need for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)