Islam (1 Viewer)

bmwz4

HSC
all i know is being a muslim is great....it makes so much sense....especially the quran which is NOT written by any scholar.... if u understand arabic u wuld realise how precious it is in the sense that its not a recount of a story...each line has endless meanings and interpretations....i dont find the bible very reliable (no offence) as its been altered so many times and finally by constantine and filled with pagan traditions

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
HotShot said:
i dont think thats true, religion has very little to do with how kind or gud person is. I am sure Osama Bin LAden is very religious and devout, why dont you go marry him? you dont know whats guarenteed long term.
Apparantly he does have good manners! lol... sorry I dont have a source

As for the names, its doesnt really matter after all its a name. As for the kid and religions that should be ultimately his choice, wheter he wants to be a muslim. As a mother your responsiblity is to take care and not make choice for him that could change his life.
Part of taking care of a child, in the mind of every parent, is guiding them along the true path that u believe is right... not just for Muslims, but any parent. Before a child has matured enough to 'make their own decision' and perhaps search for some answers, a parent raises their child (in the case of a Muslim) as a Muslim. If ur a Muslim, u'd certainly want to raise ur child as a Muslim. In the end u'd be doing it subconciously anyway. For example ur child asks "Why are u putting ur head on the floor mummy?".... "my dear, This is how we pray to our creator 'Allah' the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) taught us to prostrate like this..etc.etc.)..."Can i do it too mummy"... "sure"... then Daddy comes along: "Daddy, where are u going" .."Im going to pray at the mosque".."Can i come too" "why do u pray at the mosque, why do u have a beard, why does mummy cover her hair" children are a curious bunch, they will question, and 'u' being a practicing Muslim, will respond accordingly... ok, i think u get my point.

not every non-muslims smokes, eats porks, gambles etc. Though you find quite a few muslims smoke, and 'rape'.
True

You cant get closer to GOD as its a belief. You belief can get stronger, but doesnt mean anything. i dont think ther is any feelin when you practice a religion-aprt from 'am i wasting my time'.
I dont think she meant getting closer in a physical sense, moreso in a spiritual sense/religious wise... by ur belief getting stronger u are getting 'closer' to God. I dont think a practicing Muslim thinks that way (i.e "am I wasting my time"?)... the whole concept of becoming a devout Muslim, is the result of realising ur not wasting ur time! How can u practice a religion if u dont feel strongly about it?

AS I said its ultimately your choice, your parents shouldnt have to make the choice for you. After all they are not marrying ur hubby, u are.
I think that was only quoted as an example, but ur right, and I agree!

Thats the problem, religion shouldnt be an issue, its discrimination, how different is person who follow islam to a person who doesnt, they both have the same number arms legs etc. they both are HUMAN.
True, they both have 2 arms, 2 legs (of course that's assuming theyre not disabled physically...), but religion is in fact an issue, a very important issue. when u get married ur not simply looking for the physical attributes of a person, I think Sly fly has made that quite clear... sure they both have all organs intact (not that theres a problem with marrying an amputee) but in the end, a practicing Muslim, would want a Muslim companion, if not a Muslim, a non-Muslim with the sole intention of converting (reverting) to Islam, not with the intention to please u, but to please the creator. Otherwise, I wouldnt want someone to become a Muslim simply bcause they want to get married to me.

sly fly

HSC
HotShot said:
i dont think thats true, religion has very little to do with how kind or gud person is. I am sure Osama Bin LAden is very religious and devout, why dont you go marry him? you dont know whats guarenteed long term.
Osama Bin Laden is not really religious. If someone isn't a good person, isn't kind etc then Islamically, he isn't regarded as being religious or being a good Muslim regardless of how many times he prays or fasts.

HotShot said:
beliefs are nothing- you believe in god , but do you trust him? you can believe in the sky fallin down. lol you can believe in anything.
Huh?

HotShot said:
As for the names, its doesnt really matter after all its a name. As for the kid and religions that should be ultimately his choice, wheter he wants to be a muslim. As a mother your responsiblity is to take care and not make choice for him that could change his life.
Names aren't a huge issue but I'd still want my kids to have Muslim names. Anyway, I was only using the name thing as an example of the types of issues that would arise. I agree it should ultimately be his choice. However, that doesn't mean I can't pave the way for him making the correct choice. I'd want to bring my kids up Islamically and then when they grow up, they can make their own decision. As a mother, my responsibility is to do what I think is best for my child. If later on, s/he doesn't agree with that decision, then s/he can do whatever he thinks is best for him.

HotShot said:
not every non-muslims smokes, eats porks, gambles etc. Though you find quite a few muslims smoke, and 'rape'.
I didn't say every non-Muslim does those things. But the vast majority would do atleast one of those or other haram things which I wouldn't tolerate in my house. I wouldn't marry a Muslim who did any of those things.

HotShot said:
You cant get closer to GOD as its a belief. You belief can get stronger, but doesnt mean anything. i dont think ther is any feelin when you practice a religion-aprt from 'am i wasting my time'.
Get closer to him in the spiritual sense. I never feel as though I'm wasting my time, I love it. Don't speak for everybody.

HotShot said:
AS I said its ultimately your choice, your parents shouldnt have to make the choice for you. After all they are not marrying ur hubby, u are.
HotShot said:
It's not about them making the choice for you, it's about wanting to make your parents happy. I'm not saying that if you find someone great then you shouldn't marry them simply because your parents oppose it, but I'd prefer to marry someone with my parents' blessing.

Akhir tu kho mefomi dega ke afghana chitor ast, iqa gapa yad doran :p

HotShot said:
Thats the problem, religion shouldnt be an issue, its discrimination, how different is person who follow islam to a person who doesnt, they both have the same number arms legs etc. they both are HUMAN.
It's not discrimination, it's a matter of preference. You might prefer your wife to be intelligent, does that mean you're discriminating against dumb people? Ofcourse not. It's just a matter of what you're looking for in a partner. I can't find myself being attracted to a non-Muslim.

Someone who follows Islam properly and someone who doesn't (whether they be Muslim or non-Muslim) are VERY different, it's a completely different way of life.

So what if they're both human? Does that mean you'd be willing to marry every single human? Ofcourse not, some people are automatically ruled out because they don't fit in with what you're looking for.

sly fly

HSC
Asalamualaikum,
I just wanted to congratulate all my Muslim brothers and sisters on the prophet's birthday (p). I had a good day but didn't get to go to any majlises coz I was doing my assignment :(. Insha'Allah you all had a great day.
But I was listening to that al muallim song all day in remembrance of the prophet (p), if you haven't heard it here's the video clip:

http://www3.youtube.com/watch?v=fLWLl99dXFg

ahh, I love sami yusuf, he has awesome songs......ya ommi has got to be my fave song of sami his though, it's very nice. It isn't directly relevant to the prophets (p) birthday but he did teach us the importance of treating our parents and especially our mothers, with kindness and respect so I guess it's reviving his sunnah :p......so what the heck, watch this videoclip too:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1258211311439100299&q=sami+yusuf

Sami is such a mumma's boy lol this clip makes me cry every time I watch it

wasalam

physician

HSC
Walaaykom ilsalaam, Jazaaki Allahu Khairan!

just had a listen. if that made u cry, u should listen to Ahmad Bukhatir's song "Ommi", although its in Arabic, u dont understand Arabic right? lol, u probably dont need to, the video clip is good enough! (lol, although I couldnt find the clip, or the link...)

What I like about Ahmad, is the fact that he totaly eliminates the use of instruments, and replaces instruments with background voices, creating a soothing unique style!

Neverthless, May the peace and blessings of Allah be upon upon Muhammad.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Osama Bin Laden is not really religious. If someone isn't a good person, isn't kind etc then Islamically, he isn't regarded as being religious or being a good Muslim regardless of how many times he prays or fasts.
Thats exaclty the problem, so then basically you choose who is a 'gud' muslim or not.

Names aren't a huge issue but I'd still want my kids to have Muslim names. Anyway, I was only using the name thing as an example of the types of issues that would arise. I agree it should ultimately be his choice.
The name is your choice, he cant choose it (and if its bad he can change it later np).
However, that doesn't mean I can't pave the way for him making the correct choice. I'd want to bring my kids up Islamically and then when they grow up, they can make their own decision. As a mother, my responsibility is to do what I think is best for my child. If later on, s/he doesn't agree with that decision, then s/he can do whatever he thinks is best for him.
Firstly you dont know if its the correct choice. Dont you think if your child is muslim that he potentially has a stronger chance of becoming a terrorist? u do whats best for the child, but religion is not the best? its simply a an easy way out.
I didn't say every non-Muslim does those things. But the vast majority would do atleast one of those or other haram things which I wouldn't tolerate in my house. I wouldn't marry a Muslim who did any of those things.
They dont necessarily do it in their house, and they can always change.

Get closer to him in the spiritual sense. I never feel as though I'm wasting my time, I love it. Don't speak for everybody.
lol, u do realise that u r wasting ur time. Just because everyone else prays doesnt mean anything actually happens. just because there is book which has been interpreted many ways, doesnt mean anything. think of it this,in that time praying what could you have done to help the world? maybe make some food for the poor, maybe work a bit more to get some more money etc.

It's not about them making the choice for you, it's about wanting to make your parents happy. I'm not saying that if you find someone great then you shouldn't marry them simply because your parents oppose it, but I'd prefer to marry someone with my parents' blessing.
so you say your parents dont care about your happiness? that u marry not for the benefit of a relationship but rather to please your parents?

I
t's not discrimination, it's a matter of preference. You might prefer your wife to be intelligent, does that mean you're discriminating against dumb people? Ofcourse not. It's just a matter of what you're looking for in a partner. I can't find myself being attracted to a non-Muslim.
imagine if the emplyer were like that, they preferref non-muslims cos they dont spend wasting on prayers and thus non-muslims would be more productive.
Someone who follows Islam properly and someone who doesn't (whether they be Muslim or non-Muslim) are VERY different, it's a completely different way of life.
wrong, life is essentially, eating sleeping and helping others -tats all in essence. a muslim is no different from a non-muslim, he/she have a both a heart and a brain. If you argue tha tmuslims have a better way of life- then just have peak at the muslim states and tell me that they a lead a better life>
tell me why did your parents come to australia? when they lived in a islamic state and led a better life.

So what if they're both human? Does that mean you'd be willing to marry every single human? Ofcourse not, some people are automatically ruled out because they don't fit in with what you're looking for.
yes, but not on the basis of their religon. yo marry someone u like, and not because of anything else. not because religion tells you that someone else is better. why? because is religion is a belief0 u cant trust it. You belive the sky is fallin down, do you trust it will happen. you will believe your friend, but do you trust him?

religion doesnt guarantee anything, u cant trust it alone. and i think its about time people realised this, instead of just following it to please others and 'god'.

Last edited:

physician

HSC
HotShot said:
Firstly you dont know if its the correct choice. Dont you think if your child is muslim that he potentially has a stronger chance of becoming a terrorist? u do whats best for the child, but religion is not the best? its simply a an easy way out.
Umm ur joking right?

if ur not... the answer is NO!

lol, u do realise that u r wasting ur time. Just because everyone else prays doesnt mean anything actually happens. just because there is book which has been interpreted many ways, doesnt mean anything. think of it this,in that time praying what could you have done to help the world? maybe make some food for the poor, maybe work a bit more to get some more money etc.
wasting time? No! how so, please enlighten us, I still cant see how we're wasting our time.

Food takes longer to make than what it takes for someone to pray. Do u say the same thing to someone having a coffee/tea (which ever u prefer) break? because in reality it takes just about the same time to pray(less actualy)!

What if i could make food for the poor and pray at the same time?

U might not see the benefits of praying, that doesnt mean there arent any benefits! the benefits arent just in the physical sense, but psychological as well... think of it in terms of ....

a person, on a journey in the jungle, with a map (of the jungle)!... every few hours, he takes out his map, contemplates whether hes going in the right direction, if he is, he continues his journey, if not, he realises his mistake, and heads back in the right direction...

Salat (prayer) can be symbolised in such a manner (i.e salat being the 'map'), its a very important part of every Muslims journey, without the Map u'd have no idea where ur going, or whether ur going in the right direction, the map keeps u on the right track... this requires reading the map, not just staring at it!

imagine if the emplyer were like that, they preferref non-muslims cos they dont spend wasting on prayers and thus non-muslims would be more productive.
Do non-Muslims go toilet? do they have coffee breaks? seriously, how long do u think it takes to pray? we pray 5 times a day, not 50!

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
salamz
i havent posted on bos in several weeks
i never thought the day would come
where i detatch myself from this website lmao
Alhamdulilah

HotShot

-_-
HSC
wasting time? No! how so, please enlighten us, I still cant see how we're wasting our time.

Food takes longer to make than what it takes for someone to pray. Do u say the same thing to someone having a coffee/tea (which ever u prefer) break? because in reality it takes just about the same time to pray(less actualy)!
u realise that you have no choice but to prepare in order to eat it? praying has no benefits whatsoever, at the end u dont gain anything. whilst cooking, you can have some tasty food at the end.

What if i could make food for the poor and pray at the same time?
can you? if you could, then why arent you doing it?

U might not see the benefits of praying, that doesnt mean there arent any benefits! the benefits arent just in the physical sense, but psychological as well... think of it in terms of ....
no, thats wat you think, praying has no psychological benefits.
a person, on a journey in the jungle, with a map (of the jungle)!... every few hours, he takes out his map, contemplates whether hes going in the right direction, if he is, he continues his journey, if not, he realises his mistake, and heads back in the right direction...
u do realise, that praying is different. you dont need to prayer to now if you are going in the right direction, according to ur theory those who dont pray are lost- i dont think so mate!
Salat (prayer) can be symbolised in such a manner (i.e salat being the 'map'), its a very important part of every Muslims journey, without the Map u'd have no idea where ur going, or whether ur going in the right direction, the map keeps u on the right track... this requires reading the map, not just staring at it!
as i said before, u dont prayer to know where ur life is heading.

Do non-Muslims go toilet? do they have coffee breaks? seriously, how long do u think it takes to pray? we pray 5 times a day, not 50!
we all need to go to toilet. both muslims and non-muslims. but we dont need to pray. a coffee break has the benefit of increasing ur productivity by keep ing u alert, but praying is just a waste of time.

physician

HSC
can you? if you could, then why arent you doing it?
Who said i wasnt? that was my point!
Why r u drinking coffee, when u could be cooking for the poor, isnt that selfish? (note: im only using ur thought process from ur previous post)

no, thats wat you think, praying has no psychological benefits.
Why not? Have u tried it? how r u so sure?

u do realise, that praying is different. you dont need to prayer to now if you are going in the right direction, according to ur theory those who dont pray are lost- i dont think so mate!
Obviously u didint understand 'my' theory!.... I was refering to Muslims, a Muslim who wants to know where theyre heading "Islamically"... my theory has nothing to do with non-Muslims, and contrary to what u concluded using the above theory (i.e "Those who dont pray are lost") those 'Muslims' who dont pray are "Islamically" Lost!

]as i said before, u dont prayer to know where ur life is heading.
As above!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Who said i wasnt? that was my point!
Why r u drinking coffee, when u could be cooking for the poor, isnt that selfish? (note: im only using ur thought process from ur previous post)
ur not using my thought process thats ur thought process. see u can drink coffee be more alert which well help in your duties with the poor. or u could drinnk coffee while helping the poor. but u cant do this while praying. i have never seen anyone do this while pray, as matter of fact they dont give a shit what happens around them when they pray.

Why not? Have u tried it? how r u so sure?
because, not everyone prays and they all are mentall fit.

Obviously u didint understand 'my' theory!.... I was refering to Muslims, a Muslim who wants to know where theyre heading "Islamically"... my theory has nothing to do with non-Muslims, and contrary to what u concluded using the above theory (i.e "Those who dont pray are lost") those 'Muslims' who dont pray are "Islamically" Lost!
why do they need to know where they are head 'islamically' - when i say its a complete waste of time - u have no benefit?

As above!
'islamicaly lost'- they were already lost and even more lost when they continue praying, as they aare serving no purpose. a person crossing a street has purpose of getting to the other side of the road, a person praying - wastes his time. essentially then praying -its purpose is a waste of time.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
HotShot said:
ur not using my thought process thats ur thought process. see u can drink coffee be more alert which well help in your duties with the poor. or u could drinnk coffee while helping the poor. but u cant do this while praying. i have never seen anyone do this while pray, as matter of fact they dont give a shit what happens around them when they pray.

because, not everyone prays and they all are mentall fit.

why do they need to know where they are head 'islamically' - when i say its a complete waste of time - u have no benefit?

'islamicaly lost'- they were already lost and even more lost when they continue praying, as they aare serving no purpose. a person crossing a street has purpose of getting to the other side of the road, a person praying - wastes his time. essentially then praying -its purpose is a waste of time.
dude, how can u judge if prayer is a waste of time?
its actually the most constructive thing i do with my time..and i dont feel its being wasted..
for me its not a waste..this life we live an average 60 years is a waste of time if its not spent in prayer and in worship and obedience to Allah swt our creater.
you may think otherwise but from a muslims perspective..prayer is not a waste of time
it helps me better then a cup of cofee..after i pray at work especially i think cleary and i feel refreshed and calm and happy and more focused on my life and my actions and i try and stay in a pure state ...this is beneficial for me and those around me..
prayer provides healing and its a medicine for the soul...im sorry but cofee goes in one hole comes out the other, puts u on a temporary caffene high and ur back to feeling like shit again
5 prayers a day keep me sane everyday of my life Alhamdulilah
its beneficial to MUSLIMS as we have much to gain from prayer in this life and in the hereafter...
and if u have a problem accepting it..then so be it but its not goign to change how muslism feel about prayer and convincing me that cofee is better then praying is like wtf ...noo

transcendent

HSC
N/A
this life is the only life you'll get, unless you believe in reincarnation. it's a gift. if you want it to be a gift from a so called god that's fine. you want to dedicate some of it to prayer, fine. but i still see it as a waste of time and even if i was religious i wouldn't spend it on prayer. so are you saying that not praying 5 times a day makes people INsane?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
transcendent said:
this life is the only life you'll get, unless you believe in reincarnation. it's a gift. if you want it to be a gift from a so called god that's fine. you want to dedicate some of it to prayer, fine. but i still see it as a waste of time and even if i was religious i wouldn't spend it on prayer. so are you saying that not praying 5 times a day makes people INsane?
no i am not saying that not praying 5 times a day makes people insane
i never used to pray at all and i was perfectly sane
but it helps keep me in a state of sanity
what i define sane as anyways
coz i think its insane to live and not know wtf ur living for..as many people do
yadaa yadaa yadaa however we all have our own perceptions and view on life and its purpose yada yadaa yadaaa etc that is all

transcendent

HSC
N/A
why do you feel there needs to be a reason to live? why not just accept life? are you insecure? are you afraid of someone or something that is out to get you? does having a reason to be alive make you feel better? i'm asking in an inquisitive tone, not patronising.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
transcendent said:
why do you feel there needs to be a reason to live? why not just accept life? are you insecure? are you afraid of someone or something that is out to get you? does having a reason to be alive make you feel better? i'm asking in an inquisitive tone, not patronising.
why do we work?..for many reasons..for money, for survival, some do it for fun, some do it to occupy their time..for some its a social thing..some work to be in control or to feel needed in society some like to do certain things in their trade some do it for a living, some do it for status and power etc etc etc
there is always a reson why people work..people dont just work just because..no one works or has a job for no reason ....and why do we eat..?..we eat for survial..our body needs nutrients that is found in foods..we eat coz food is nice..we eat when we are hungry or bored or depressed ..we eat for a reason to supress our hunger..most importantly the reason food exists which is for our survival thats the purpose of food..and thats why we eat..
so we eat for a reason and we work for a reason
and i live for a reason..do i have to be insecure to live life for a purpose?
im sorry but if someone kidnapped you and put u in a isolated cell you would think WTF AM I DOING HERE WHAT IS GOING ON?..HOW DID I GET HERE. WHO PUT ME HERE. WHERE AM I GOING. WHATS GONNA HAPPEN. WHAT DO THEY WANT FROM ME? ETC ETC.. you need answers..u would prolly go crazy
well i've been put here on earth and been given life and i cant help but wonder the same..so i find islam which is perfect to me in every aspect and lays down my whole reason for life and makes clear sense and i just love it so i follow it.
i dont just live just 'because' otehrwise id go crazy too..not coz im insecure..but coz it only makes sense to live life knowing what the purpose is ..yadaa yadaa yadaa..im so over it i cnat be botehred justify myself anymore..im just gonna live..and if u think im lame then cool
also when i said kidnapped n put in isolation not knowing a thing..i was not comparing that to this life..its just being in this life is kinda the same in a sense that we dont have a clue when we are bought in it or any control over being brought into it
just like someone kidnapping u and putting u in a room u dont have a clue or a choice ur there and u want anwers etc..

HotShot

-_-
HSC
soha said:
why do we work?..for many reasons..for money, for survival, some do it for fun, some do it to occupy their time..for some its a social thing..some work to be in control or to feel needed in society some like to do certain things in their trade some do it for a living, some do it for status and power etc etc etc
there is always a reson why people work..people dont just work just because..no one works or has a job for no reason ....and why do we eat..?..we eat for survial..our body needs nutrients that is found in foods..we eat coz food is nice..we eat when we are hungry or bored or depressed ..we eat for a reason to supress our hunger..most importantly the reason food exists which is for our survival thats the purpose of food..and thats why we eat..
im sorry but if someone kidnapped you and put u in a isolated cell you would think WTF AM I DOING HERE WHAT IS GOING ON?..HOW DID I GET HERE. WHO PUT ME HERE. WHERE AM I GOING. WHATS GONNA HAPPEN. WHAT DO THEY WANT FROM ME? ETC ETC.. you need answers..u would prolly go crazy
well i've been put here on earth and been given life and i cant help but wonder the same..so i find islam which is perfect to me in every aspect and lays down my whole reason for life and makes clear sense and i just love it so i follow it.
i dont just live just 'because' otehrwise id go crazy too..not coz im insecure..but coz it only makes sense to live life knowing what the purpose is ..yadaa yadaa yadaa..im so over it i cnat be botehred justify myself anymore..im just gonna live..and if u think im lame then cool
also when i said kidnapped n put in isolation not knowing a thing..i was not comparing that to this life..its just being in this life is kinda the same in a sense that we dont have a clue when we are bought in it or any control over being brought into it
just like someone kidnapping u and putting u in a room u dont have a clue or a choice ur there and u want anwers etc..

but why do restrict to yourself, why dont you question why god exists? or why he need to exists? or why u need to question ur own existence?- they are idiotic questions!

the fact is you exist. regardless of the reason, u will still exist- - ucannot change anything.
we work as a choice. we dont have to work. but existence doesnt work that way, we have to exist- we have no choice there!.

as i said, u wasting 5 minutes of ur time praying, when u could be chatting with u r mates, doing something that will help ur existence. rather than, making assumptions!./

transcendent

HSC
N/A
soha said:
fair enough. :) lol i didn't know God was a kidnapper :p

Kulazzi

HSC
HotShot said:
as i said, u wasting 5 minutes of ur time praying, when u could be chatting with u r mates, doing something that will help ur existence. rather than, making assumptions!./
Dude, you just have to accept that praying is a part of our existence. By praying, there is a belief and hope in God. Praying helps you keep focussed as you are looking down, reciting the surahs, concentrating on getting them pronounced correctly, concentrating on doing your prayers correctly overall, just as you would concentrate in studying or focus in studying.

There's no point in arguing, we have tried our best to explain the concept to you. It's like when the buddhists meditate, or when the Christians pray in Church (or even before they go to sleep, or before dinner) or when the Hindus do 'Pooja'. It's evident in all belief systems, not just Islam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)