• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
But that's just rebuilding, what about the homes lost, and everything in them? What about furniture that needs to be bought again? And people who need medical support for months, years or the rest of their lives?

Oh&i heard on another channel that it was 1 1/2 billion, yesterday.
I'd say that rebuilding includes homes and the cost of replacement of fixtures, chattels etc. Plus living in a warzone without contents insurance is p. fucking retarded.

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
People are getting the reasoning a bit confused here. Israel didnt stop because they wanted a cease fire, and they didnt stop because they thought Obama would do anything different. They stopped it for Obama's sake - most probably at the behest of the US. The US just want to ensure that Obama has a smooth inauguration and everyone can latch on to this whole feel-good crap "change is here" without any immediate contradictions.

Truth is if the war continued while Obama was in power, he would have endorsed it. This would cause him to lose a lot of popularity in the world. This way, the war is over, he can word things nicely for the time being showing his "humanitarian" side.

Basically for Obama, this was a bit of a headache and he called in a favour - Israel owes them the odd favour.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
People are getting the reasoning a bit confused here. Israel didnt stop because they wanted a cease fire, and they didnt stop because they thought Obama would do anything different. They stopped it for Obama's sake - most probably at the behest of the US. The US just want to ensure that Obama has a smooth inauguration and everyone can latch on to this whole feel-good crap "change is here" without any immediate contradictions.

Truth is if the war continued while Obama was in power, he would have endorsed it. This would cause him to lose a lot of popularity in the world. This way, the war is over, he can word things nicely for the time being showing his "humanitarian" side.

Basically for Obama, this was a bit of a headache and he called in a favour - Israel owes them the odd favour.
Doubt this.

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
Doubt this.
Whats there to doubt. my argument does have something to stand on. lets not forget that the rockets fired from Palestine have been going on for 8 years. but for some magical reason Israel launched an attack onto Gaza just weeks before bush's departure AND 3 weeks before their own election. The timing of this ceasefire is pretty much spot on for the last leg of the election campaigns to start kicking off and to give the new US administration a clean silver slate in the media and the wider world.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Fucking lol, Israel in cohorts with the new American government.

You muslams are heaps paranoid, eh.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
how the fuck is it a conspiracy theory. fucking grow up.
It's a conspiracy theory because it's a load of shit that you've just vomited up then, without any substantiation.

All you've got is grasping at straws James. This is the definition of a conspiracy theory. The fact that you think Israel pulled out purely because of America and their own elections is fucking hilarious.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
You fucks are seriously fucking nutty.

If you're serious, I honestly fear for the mental well being of at least 95% of participants in this thrad.

Jesus christ.

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
Can someone rationally sit down and think about this? ISRAEL DOES NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT UN. IT DOES NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT EUROPE. i am pretty sure everyone can agree on that. the fact remains that Israel had lost a mere 10 people since the war started, why the Fuck would it care about a cease fire.....it could go on belting the shit out of Gaza and know one would interfere. KNOW ONE. I said nearly 2 weeks ago that the War would end just before the inauguration, and that's exactly what happened. Israel does not take any orders from the US but this cease fire is all political. not an iota of it has anything to do with humanitarian Aid etc and all that left wing bullshit.

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
Some people are also Lizards. I'd say the elections in Israel may have had some impact, but I think it is serious dodgy territory to implicate the US' transition as having any impact other than cursory.
nolan, so its all a coincidence that a cease fire was APPROVED by Israel 48 hours before the inauguration. c'mon .

I know i have nothing to back up my claim but higher powers of the Israeli and American political elite would try to make sure that an inauguration is runing smoothly and hypocrisy isn't shown within the first week of obamas presidential term.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
nolan, so its all a coincidence that a cease fire was APPROVED by Israel 48 hours before the inauguration. c'mon .

I know i have nothing to back up my claim but higher powers of the Israeli and American political elite would try to make sure that an inauguration is runing smoothly and hypocrisy isn't shown within the first week of obamas presidential term.
It could've been approved a 3 weeks or 30 minutes before the inauguration and it would be just as 'plausible' for conspiracy nuts. The Israeli ceasefire followed the Egyptian negotiations, and generally they don't let shit like this drag out for much longer than a month anyway.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
what the fuck is with all these kaffir slutz thinking they know anything about islambs? BoS needs some serious religious policing, imo. No one cares about your bullshit theory about why the gazans(aka terrorists) are supposedly right. If mohammed (pbuh) had his way he would have stoned you to death long ago. Now seriously, fuck off and marry your 2nd cousin and cook me some falafel.

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
Oh for fucks sake. this thread is filled with Islamic terrorists or Israeli sympathizers. cant even had a decent discussion in here.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Oh for fucks sake. this thread is filled with Islamic terrorists or Israeli sympathizers. cant even had a decent discussion in here.
Pretty hard to discuss shit when the only thing you're bringing to the table are these half baked ideas of a conspiracy regarding the ceasefire.

tempco

HSC
Lol yeah the media isn't influenced by the Jewish interests when only the SBS has had an interview which remotely criticises Israeli's actions, and that was pretty weak anyway. Lap it up people, lap it all up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)