Israel–Gaza conflict (1 Viewer)

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
I don't have any doubt it was an election ploy by Kadima who will desperately try and hold onto the Israeli Knesset. Israelis are looking for hardliners who will be tougher on terrorism and Israel's response, or lack thereof to the rocket crisis in Sderot and Southern Israel really got to the Israeli Public.

Needless to say that the increased weapons storage, increase in attacks and increase in funding by Iran and other Arab States which meant that Hamas had access to rockets that started shooting further into Israeli cities would also be good reason to severely damage their stockpile and armed force.
how so? kill 400+ woman and children?

oh wait....they were living with those terrorists!

anyways, why the fuck are they picking on a shit whole like Gaza. srsly, If Israel really wanted to stop the rockets they should attack the source of these rockets. ie - Arab states.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Name me a war where innocents have not been a casualty.

In fact that's a stupid thing to say because there hasn't really been many wars (though I may be wrong) with similar circumstances...

i.e. wars that involve:

1) Soldiers dressed in civillian clothes.
2) A small densely populated piece of land with enemy combattants fighting in close quarters.
3) Few places where the value of refuge is enforced.

No one denies that the loss of women and especially children (though both of these have been used in terrorist attacks - which is even more of an injustice) is a terrible fact and cost of war. Everyone knows that the real victims of wars are the innocents, not the politicians who declare them, and often not the soldiers who fight in them.

Last edited:

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
The political test thing only defined me as a centrist/juust right of centre. I'm not naive. I just want Israel to not have to spend so much money on defense and war and rather on bettering itself. Mind you it's already a great country - give me a few years and I'll be posting from there! :D

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
it's rediculous to expect any nation to tolerate constant rocketfire. Regardless of death tolls there is the constant fear and regular running to bomb shelters. Life isn't normal there...
So the best course of action is to bomb the shit out of Gaza with 'surgical strikes' that have killed 700ish civilians? You are deluded if you think that this war on Gaza was successful and the best way Israel could have conducted itself. The attack was a big fucking blunder, Israel has worsened itself in the long run and you know it. Regardless of where you stand on the whole Palestine/Israel issue you have to admit that the attack on Gaza was a fucking disaster for both sides - neither side achieved jack shit. Hamas lost 500 of its fighters only to be replaced by the civilians effected by the IDF attack so now Israel is back where it started. You can support Israel in the big picture but you have to admit that in this situation regarding Gaza they were in the wrong.

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
The political test thing only defined me as a centrist/juust right of centre. I'm not naive. I just want Israel to not have to spend so much money on defense and war and rather on bettering itself. Mind you it's already a great country - give me a few years and I'll be posting from there! :D
yeah do me a favor, stay there and sign up for the army. i hope hamas rocket smashes your head in.

yeah? :D

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
No because, like Hezbollah, I think they'll think twice before going down that path again. The war has brokered much more attention to the illegal arms smuggling that occurs through Egypt, and hopefully with that problem diminishing, and weapon stockpiles severely damaged from Operation Cast Lead there will be less of a threat posed by Hamas.

Plus I think the $1 billion the Gaza Strip will get (and I mean the Palestinian population there NOT Hamas) will help build much needed infrastructure - G-d knows that the infrastructure there has never been great Pre-Israel-Gaza Conflicts, Israel Occupation or even the Establishment of the Jewish State.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I've been through checkpoints in a Palestinian marked car, I've walked the streets of Jewish settlements, travelled on Israeli and Palestinian highways, shopped in Palestinian shops, eaten food made by Palestinians and talked to many about the situation.

I think that is of far greater value than anything you could read or watch because I saw it without any spin by editors and directors.

King.BBjames

Banned
HSC
Palestine is a shit whole. i really dont care about how shit or great the joint is. but, what surprises me the most is the irony of history, the victims of Holocaust committing a genocide against another people.....while they are at it.....they stolen nearly all of the original Palestine.

hmm.

lets see you try and put another spin on my posts.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
Fuck off with this fucking genocide shit, there you go again James. You're a fucking idiot.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Palestine is a shit whole. i really dont care about how shit or great the joint is. but, what surprises me the most is the irony of history, the victims of Holocaust committing a genocide against another people.....while they are at it.....they stolen nearly all of the original Palestine.

hmm.

The word's "never again" ommit on almost every Israeli citizen (perhaps not those with little Jewish geneology who are frm the Former Soviet Union and have even formed Neo-Nazi cells IN Israel) this idea doesn't just mean a genocide against Jews but rather extends to any annhilation of any people.

One could look at the media and political attention drawn towards Darfur in Israel.
One could look at the discussion of the Armenian Genocide in the Knesset (against the will of Turkey - a recognised ally of Israel).
One could look at Israel's humanitarian efforts around the world.

Jewish people know too well that a genocide can easily start with one group of people or minority and continue on to another. Haven't you ever heard that poem albeit cliche.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC

hmm.

1000 people = genocide.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
fucking use your other account.

on a srs note. wtf is your problem?
I can't, it's banned :(

My problem is the fact that there are a heap of imbeciles in this thread talking shit. Your decent arguments are over shadowed by these fuckers, but then you compound the problem with shit like 'lol Israel only agreed to a ceasfire because of the inauguration" and "OMG GENOCIDE".

Fuck off it was genocide, and there is nothing substantiated to suggest that Israel did this as a "favour" to Barack Obama, as if Israel gives ten shits what America thinks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)